Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    New Ways November
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/new-ways-november

"Covid is restricting our lives, but we can find new ways to keep making progress. Trying out new things can actually boost our well-being. When we open up to new ideas, it helps us stay curious and engaged. It can also bring a sense of accomplishment and help to boost our self-confidence and resilience. There are so many ways to learn new things and this month we're encouraging everyone to find new and creative ways to overcome our frustrating situations."

gbdg2db70vgy.png

Tuesday 4 November

This is not something I am going to do. I don't need new courses, activities or online communities right now. Just say no! :)

Tuesday 5 November

Change your normal routine today and see how you feel.

I've changed my "normal routine" for 2 weeks now! No work. No uni. No appointments. :)

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Lanette I have never sat in that corner seat before, but it was the only one in the sunshine! B) Normally I sit nearer the restaurant.

DH has driven off to meet his cricket friend for a walk on the South Downs. They are taking their own picnics. Strictly speaking he is not meant to travel to exercise, but it is in the same county. We are allowed to meet one other person in a public space, not a garden.
    My son rang me yesterday to cancel the Friday walk in the park near the grandchildren. We were pushing the definition a bit, but it would have been absolutely safe at 4 metres apart. I think DDIL was worried about what the other mothers would think. I can understand that. It's unusual for my son to ring me so she had obviously thought I might need some convincing in a ticklish situation, but I did understand. No problem. Hopefully this lockdown will only last a month and we can Zoom in the meantime.
    He then said we could come over last night before the deadline descended, but that would have been far more dangerous! We haven't been inside with them the whole time!

Taking advantage of DH's absence at lunchtime to steam myself some Dim Sum. :D Lots of chilli sauce.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Having tea and will pack food stuffs in a bit..will stop get Homer out and then up with. Faith.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rebecca
    So pleased the biopsy trip went well - and sorry your Christmas will be just you and your husband. I agree with the Skype suggestion, but I know it's not the same. Perhaps a Zoom with everyone who can? Just a thought. Athena has been quite serious in a few recent photos, she's growing up so fast!

Heather
    Your lunch looks absolutely fabulous, as do you. Glad you got the opportunity to sit in the sun...

Barbara AHMOD
    Your "get to do's" are both inspirational and look exhausting. Glad the vacuum wasn't broken.

First time trying a recipe for jambalaya, though we both agreed andouille sausage was just meh. The shrimp tasted good but may have been off, as Corey's stomach was upset this morning, and mine was upset within a half-hour of dinner, and then all night after midnight. I'm going back to bed, see if I can't just start this whole thing over better.

Later,
    Lisa
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Patio Fae She at 62 degrees at 0230 AM. Had I known it was that warm I wouldn't have worn leggings. I did the rest of the workout inside as I noticed cop cars arriving.

I noticed a car parked the wrong way and on the corner a bit out in the main road. It looked suspicious but I knew the cops cruised by at 3 AM every morning so I didn't call it in. I had just finished my workout when there was a knock on my door. I answered not realizing I was still wearing leggings and my skimpy sports bra. The officer wanted to know when I first saw it. He saw my lights on and thought maybe I was up all night. I said no I go to bed at 6 PM and asleep by 7 PM and get up at 3 AM and do my workout. This morning I woke up earlier and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up. He looked perplexed like what kind of nut job is this old lady. Apparently, something big is happening as there were 3 cop cars and 6 officers investigating. I see now the tow truck has come to impound it while cops guard the area, so no doubt involved in a crime. Someone had taken the license plates off it.

Three times in the last 30 days I have been questioned by the cops. Twice over abandon vehicles by my place and once about the theft of a stack of plywood from a construction area I pass on my morning walks. I was able to help the cops establish the day and time frame of the theft but it dead-ended there. The plywood was valued at $3000 but according to the cops most likely taken to Portland and sold for $5000 as plywood is getting expensive and hard to find there due to businesses boarding up their windows because of the ongoing riots.

Fae getting tired of being a witness to crimes but it seems to be the story of my life

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning, supermodels! <3

Barbara - glad your Dyson wasn't broken. My DH is good at figuring out and fixing items like that, too. Every day I am grateful for him and wonder who will twist the lids off jars and now red wine bottles (among other things :) ) if he's not around. :/

I've started making a list of little projects I can do if I'm bored, mostly office-paperwork related. Our credit union normally brings in the "shredding truck" every summer so old bills and paperwork I don't want to put in the recycle would get taken care of then. Thanks to C-19, the truck was cancelled this year and I lost momentum. First on the list is making a list! :D

We have 2 new county commissioners. WA State has "new commissioner school" where they learn that about 90% of the things they promised are already being done or not within their power or budget authority to do. Or might be illegal :). The big challenge for them next year will be the county budget. I wouldn't have that job for a million bucks.

Working on my grocery list since I'll be heading out of here at the crack of dawn. Prioritizing - if it's pouring down rain, some things will have to wait until next week.

Fae - what's the elevation where you live? We are at around 600' above sea level. Looks like more rain here next week with some lows in the 30's, so I'm wondering if we'll start seeing a bit of snow. The mountains east of us and the passes will likely get a good share.

Back later. Be good.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    Patio Fae She at 62 degrees at 0230 AM. Had I known it was that warm I wouldn't have worn leggings. I did the rest of the workout inside as I noticed cop cars arriving.
    I noticed a car parked the wrong way and on the corner a bit out in the main road. It looked suspicious but I knew the cops cruised by at 3 AM every morning so I didn't call it in. I had just finished my workout when there was a knock on my door. I answered not realizing I was still wearing leggings and my skimpy sports bra. The officer wanted to know when I first saw it. He saw my lights on and thought maybe I was up all night. I said no I go to bed at 6 PM and asleep by 7 PM and get up at 3 AM and do my workout. This morning I woke up earlier and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up. He looked perplexed like what kind of nut job is this old lady. Apparently, something big is happening as there were 3 cop cars and 6 officers investigating. I see now the tow truck has come to impound it while cops guard the area, so no doubt involved in a crime. Someone had taken the license plates off it.

Three times in the last 30 days I have been questioned by the cops. Twice over abandon vehicles by my place and once about the theft of a stack of plywood from a construction area I pass on my morning walks. I was able to help the cops establish the day and time frame of the theft but it dead-ended there. The plywood was valued at $3000 but according to the cops most likely taken to Portland and sold for $5000 as plywood is getting expensive and hard to find there due to businesses boarding up their windows because of the ongoing riots.

Fae getting tired of being a witness to crimes but it seems to be the story of my life

Fae - does anyone in your neighborhood have game/CCTV cameras set up? That's scary. Stay safe.

56f at my house right now.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options

1031910m5uhc2jyfc.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Glad you have that behind you. We are contemplating the oddest Christmas in my lifetime. Something to tell our great grandchildren about.
    Machka said:
    What are some ways you are destressing today?

Today we went out and bought more bulbs and I am planning the planters that I will use. At the minute I am enjoying a shirt after lunch siesta while I watch my afternoon TV programme.

Back later.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    5 years ago Kirby had his bike accident gn4qa09eoi20.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    s946axhm6tdl.jpg

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I am the junk food, take out person more than hubby. He goes along with pretty much whatever I do and very rarely steps into a store to get anything. The most he will do is suggest burgers every couple of weeks, it used to be almost every couple of days, and he'll suggest pizza now every couple of weeks. I've very proud of him. He won't walk with me though, we walk at different paces and really enjoy our alone time when we do it.

Evelyn - Resisting for two days is better than zero days. :)

Barbara - I don't think the colour test will be part of the team building, I sure hope not. I'll have to update tonight about what the day entails.

Heather - I am so thankful that we don't have the restrictions that you do. We are still allowed gatherings of 15 and 3 cohort groups. My 3 are work, and each of my daughter's families. My son in law is an EMT and worries about me working in a nursing home, so before he knows he is going to see me he gets a test.

My ride will be here momentarily, have a great day everyone
    Tracey in Edmonton

• Katla49
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I remembered all of them. I never used butch wax, but one of my favorite cousins used it for years. We lost him in the Viet Nam War & it broke my heart. In truth, it broke all or our hearts. :broken_heart::heart:
  • Katla49
    Options
    I was shopping yesterday and ran into an old friend from yoga. I'm so glad to know that yoga class is still going, I plan to be there today. :bigsmile:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Katla - I remembered 9 of them and I'm English! :o
    Definitely older than dirt! >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Tracey

I took "The True Colors" personality test and I also came out as "gold."
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Oh lord I love Faith to pieces but she is going to drive me crazy she has alzhiemers and OCD and the 2 together are going to drive me to drink...she has to everything just so and tries to move her bedroom around constantly .. i have 3 1/2 days of it...yikes
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Lanette I am on the side of a hill 5 miles above the river so about 450' elevation. I usually don't get much snow here, but more ice. My temperatures can vary as much as 10 degrees from the river or on top of the hills. I am not sure since Zek moved if anyone has high-quality cameras. He had two that monitored my backyard. His hobby was surveillance. He loved calling me to come over and have coffee and review the video activity in my backyard while I slept. His favorite was the catfights. They were funny unless they woke me.

There is usually someone up in my immediate neighborhood all 24 hours. Two of my neighbors go to bed at 3-3:30 AM every morning. I get up at 3 AM so we have a good neighborhood watch and police or fire response is usually less than 5 minutes. I have thought about cameras, but hope to find a place to move like a gated senior community and build a tiny house.

Lots of rain predicted for here with above freezing temperatures. I am not ready for the ice that shuts down the freeway and prohibits me from walking, but it will come all too soon.

Fae

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    s946axhm6tdl.jpg

:o I’m ancient! I remember all of these!!
    RvRita