WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Feel better today. Yesterday all my long-term stressors came up to the surface. Glad my friend was there to listen. Getting it out helped me see that I can’t change others, only me.

Gotta get moving!

RvRita
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    s946axhm6tdl.jpg
    Being born in 1946, I remember most of them with slight cultural differences because in the UK. We had foil tops on our delivered milk, free school milk in third of a pint bottles and we didn’t have #2.

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    We also had Brylcreme instead of Butch Wax. There were a lot of American influences in the UK because of all the GIs that we’re stationed here during WW2. Lots of small airfields in N Ireland were used for reconnaissance.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    I’m Older than Dirt, but younger than Springtime 😂 😂 😂
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    I remember the long paper bus tickets that you rolled up, put in your mouth and pretended to smoke. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Brylecream a little dab will do ya..
    I was born in 1960 but i remember all of the older than dirt list lol
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Rebecca, so glad to hear that all went well with the travelling. You're right, getting up at 4 a.m. is only acceptable if you have to pee and can go right back to bed! lol
    Tracey, I have only resisted the "wants" for two days now, we will see how it goes.......
    Debbie, my hubby used to come home with all kinds of junk too, we used to live close to a corner store and he used to smoke. So he'd wander to the store for smokes and come back with chocolate bars for both of us. And smokes, of course. Then he had a heart attack and hasn't smoked since. He has also since retired and we have gone down to just one vehicle, so if I'm at work, he has no way of getting anywhere and we live much further from the corner store now! I do buy treats for both of us, so he's not that hard done by. He also does not need to lose weight, which is annoying to say the least!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island

My husband is semi retired but went back to work. He worked for 35yrs before retiring from Safeway(grocery store) and they asked him to come back part time and has done that for almost 5 yrs. He picks up stuff there or just going out- the man LOVES to shop for anything. We have five vehicles between the three of us so he drives all the time. His store is just 5min drive at most. He says he knows he should loose about 20lbs(I think if he lost 40 he would be good)- not sure exactly what he weighs, he won't say, but I know that when I try to give him a hug from behind, I can barely touch my fingers in the front.
    I will continue to cook healthier when I can and make little changes that he doesn't notice(like mixing half cauliflower and half white rice for his fried rice- neither son or husband even realized it.
    Debbie
    Napa valley
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options

1031910m5uhc2jyfc.gif
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I am the junk food, take out person more than hubby. He goes along with pretty much whatever I do and very rarely steps into a store to get anything. The most he will do is suggest burgers every couple of weeks, it used to be almost every couple of days, and he'll suggest pizza now every couple of weeks. I've very proud of him. He won't walk with me though, we walk at different paces and really enjoy our alone time when we do it.

My ride will be here momentarily, have a great day everyone
    Tracey in Edmonton

My husband, though semi retired is always in the grocery store- He works in one and it seems the only thing we do together is shop. He doesn't like staying home. Drove him crazy when we were on "Shelter at home"- only thing he could do was go to work, and that was with a letter from work to show the police if he got pulled over(son had to have one too, he works at another grocery store). He is out shopping, having lunch with a friend, taking his mom out or doing her errands.
    He is asleep now(works graveyard, came in at 7:30- I am off but he woke me up and couldn't really get back to sleep) but when he wakes up, I am sure he will want to go back to his store, pick up his pay check, take it over to the band and then go shopping. Hobby Lobby is one place he was talking about but I am sure there will be at least one grocery store to stop at too-always is, even though we don't NEED anything- freezer is full, pantry is full, fridge is pretty full but not full of what he wants.

Debbie
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    "There are three paths in life.
    The first path leads to death with honor.
    The second path life, but one of shame.
    The third path ............. a life with honor.
    The third path is the most difficult."

Wisdom from Fae's 2X Great Grandmother
    vagejshljq0z.jpg

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Today has been a long day.. hopefully I can sleep well.tonight.. not easy on a twin bed with a dog and uncomfortable mattress..
    Will make dinner for Faith and give her her meds and she will be sleeping.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    T
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    "There are three paths in life.
    The first path leads to death with honor.
    The second path life, but one of shame.
    The third path ............. a life with honor.
    The third path is the most difficult."

Wisdom from Fae's 2X Great Grandmother
    vagejshljq0z.jpg

love the photo of your 2x Great Grandmother<3
    This is Elijah Gossett a 2x Great Grandfather. So stately, and those ears. Definitely a trait that has carried on.
    8c1jr2bqnr24.jpg

Then his brother Albert
    yd843vbb7qmr.jpg

Albert looks like my youngest Owain
    8jombb08aqsy.jpg
    photos are like a fabric of a family lol!
    Rebecca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rebecca

Those men really closely resemble the men in your family!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Rebecca

Those men really closely resemble the men in your family!

Yep, the Gossett strain is strong!
    b6izymp17grw.jpg
    This is my husband's family. He's the cute small kid on the left of his momma. His father passed away when he was 12 yrs old.
    Rebecca
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Sue How special to have your mom at 96 and take her for hair styling.

Rebecca I love old photos and how serious they had to look. It was taboo to smile for a photo back in those days.

Allie I would take an air mattress with me before I tried to sleep on an uncomfortable mattress. I can't sleep away from my bed. The 3 days I was in for cancer surgery, I didn't sleep for the first 30 hours and then spotty until I got home.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Heather - Dim Sum at home, seems amazing! Do you make batches of different kinds and then freeze them? I can find frozen pot stickers nearby but not much else, and Covid was the end to the best dim sum restaurant close to me.

Older than dirt -
    1. I remember Blackjack but not Teaberry
    2-7 I remember all of those
    8. We did not go to the movies, I went to my first movie when I was 17
    9. yep!
    10. nope – the name makes me hesitate to even google it.
    11-17 I remember all of those.

Santa – There are pictures of me and my siblings with santa through all our growing up years. Around here most recent pictures I have been shown are kids sitting next to santa on a bench or in a chair… Seems like a reasonable option.

Rebecca – what great family pictures. Who needs DNA with how much they all look alike!

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 50min 46sec, 85ahr, 111mhr, 3.05ap, 8.90mi= 906c
    Strava app= 1078c
    Zwift bike trainer- 35.24min, 594 elev, 25.1amph, 145ahr, 166mhr, 14.8mi= 396c
    Strava app = 432c

Total cal 1302
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Kim - I buy them frozen from the Chinese/Asian shop/café at the top of the road. Not the same as homemade, but I still love them. I have a bamboo steamer. When I lived in London we often went to Chinatown for lunch to a place that brought the dishes round on trolleys. I always had double portions of Paper Wrapped Prawn. :D Often they had to cook extra for us.

DH had to drive through fog to get to his meeting place, but then had a beautiful walk on the top of chalk hills with fantastic views. He gets on so well with his cricket friend and I am so happy for him. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx