What foods are just not worth the # of calories?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    Jiffy corn muffin. What an absolute waste of 170 calories.

And besides, it didn’t even taste of cornmeal. It was like a sugary yellow cupcake. Even my cupcakes aren’t that sweet.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

And besides, it didn’t even taste of cornmeal. It was like a sugary yellow cupcake. Even my cupcakes aren’t that sweet.

I like my cornbread sweet!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member

I used to make a casserole from cornbread mix, eggs, milk, canned corn, canned creamed corn, and french onion sour cream dip (or sour cream plus the dry french onion soup mix). Sooo good. Worth the calories.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

I used to make a casserole from cornbread mix, eggs, milk, canned corn, canned creamed corn, and french onion sour cream dip (or sour cream plus the dry french onion soup mix). Sooo good. Worth the calories.

Oh yeh and some shredded cheddar thrown into the mix. It is yummy!
  • pancakerunner
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Oh wow. Sounds interesting with the french onion dip! where's the recipe from?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited November 2020
    🙃ignor
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    edited November 2020
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Oh wow. Sounds interesting with the french onion dip! where's the recipe from?

I don't remember for sure where I got it from (it was 25 or 30 years ago, I think).

But this recipe looks like it (except I don't remember it having cheese, but how can cheese be bad in a casserole?):

https://www.food.com/recipe/three-corn-casserole-271099

This seems more like what I remember, without the cheese:

https://foodal.com/recipes/casseroles/triple-corn/

Edited because I screwed up the linking on the second recipe.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited November 2020
    Most French fries and regular soda. Both are just kinda meh.
  • pancakerunner
    Cheap chocolate.

Or really any mass-produced factory candy bar. I'll pop a few mini-Twix or mini-Kit Kats when presented with the opportunity...but full-sized versions of these things...nope, not at all worth the calories.

I'd rather have a smaller amount of super-dark, high quality chocolate instead.

Yep! had a couple reeses the other day and it just didn't hit right
  • rickbeal218
    rickbeal218 Posts: 7 Member
    For me i can do pretty well with anything, as long as i maintain the deficit. Generally i avoid any processed carbs (e white pasta, rice etc) and processed sugar (anything with processed sugar really). I do fine with fruits (even i eat t0o many, they are a bit high in sugar and calories, but i do with them). Veggies are always good for me, any kind; nuts seeds legumes are all good; even whole grain carbs. So foods not worth the calories for me is any white carbs and foods with sugar added.
  • pancakerunner
    breaded meats
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    breaded meats

Except for fried chicken, though, right? I mean...you can't mean fried chicken...

Breaded butterfly shrimp in the air crisper kicks tail, too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    breaded meats

What!? Not chicken fingers, boneless wings or nuggets? Chicken nuggets are worth it for me, the ones that are like 50 cal per nugget.
  • pancakerunner
    breaded meats

Except for fried chicken, though, right? I mean...you can't mean fried chicken...

I prefer roasted, grilled or rotisserie !
  • pancakerunner
    breaded meats

What!? Not chicken fingers, boneless wings or nuggets? Chicken nuggets are worth it for me, the ones that are like 50 cal per nugget.

I like them enough, but would rather have other types of meat!
  • pancakerunner
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Starbucks fancy drinks. Huge waste of calories.
    White hot chocolate anyone? ;)

lol this reminds me, growing up a family friend owned a gift shop that sold pink hot chocolate mix
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Cheap chocolate.

Or really any mass-produced factory candy bar. I'll pop a few mini-Twix or mini-Kit Kats when presented with the opportunity...but full-sized versions of these things...nope, not at all worth the calories.

I'd rather have a smaller amount of super-dark, high quality chocolate instead.

Have you tried Halo chocolate? it's pretty expensive, but if you're not spending on other treats is definitely worth it!