Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What foods are just not worth the # of calories?

Replies

• lynn_glenmontlynn_glenmont Member Posts: 8,525 Member Member Posts: 8,525 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Archon2 wrote: »
    Donuts.
    Oh yeah, I'm eating donuts. Especially a chocolate covered eclair. Heaven.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I go for the Boston cream donut. Pretty much the same thing in a slightly smaller package. ... But then I end up having a second one. :smile:
  • lynn_glenmontlynn_glenmont Member Posts: 8,525 Member Member Posts: 8,525 Member
    pumpkin or pecan pie

I think pumpkin pie is worth it (minus the crust)... pecan pie is def not worth it for me. Just sugar!

Pie crust! I forgot pie crust. In my experience, at least 90% of all pie crust, even homemade, is really not worth the calories. I could spend the crust calories on another slice worth of filling. Of course, if it's homemade, I don't do that, because I don't want to hurt the baker's feelings.

Agreed. Graham cracker crust or gtfo!

I also like the chocolate wafer crumb (I guess they're Oreo crumbs). And I've made a "crust" from ginger snaps that's pretty good.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,667 Member Member Posts: 4,667 Member
    Full sugar ice cream
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,667 Member Member Posts: 4,667 Member
    pumpkin or pecan pie

I think pumpkin pie is worth it (minus the crust)... pecan pie is def not worth it for me. Just sugar!

Pie crust! I forgot pie crust. In my experience, at least 90% of all pie crust, even homemade, is really not worth the calories. I could spend the crust calories on another slice worth of filling. Of course, if it's homemade, I don't do that, because I don't want to hurt the baker's feelings.

Agreed. Graham cracker crust or gtfo!

I also like the chocolate wafer crumb (I guess they're Oreo crumbs). And I've made a "crust" from ginger snaps that's pretty good.

Yep! Any kind of crust like that is good. which is why I like cheesecake, BK hershey's pie, etc.
  • gallicinvasiongallicinvasion Member, Premium Posts: 1,004 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,004 Member
    Soda, fruit juice, potato chips, beer and wine, supermarket sliced bread, French fries
  • hazelenihazeleni Member Posts: 75 Member Member Posts: 75 Member
    Anything deliciously baked from the bakery's
  • hazelenihazeleni Member Posts: 75 Member Member Posts: 75 Member
    And pasta for me! It's the only thing I try to stay away from, i could eat the whole pot and still be hungry! (Unless it's cheese filled tortellini- those are worth it)
    hazeleni wrote: »
    And pasta for me! It's the only thing I try to stay away from, i could eat the whole pot and still be hungry! (Unless it's cheese filled tortellini- those are worth it)

agreed!
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 1,625 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,625 Member
    most fried foods. Especially fried vegetables

Excepting fried green tomatoes and fried okra, properly made, of course.
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 43,325 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 43,325 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Archon2 wrote: »
    Donuts.
    Oh yeah, I'm eating donuts. Especially a chocolate covered eclair. Heaven.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I go for the Boston cream donut. Pretty much the same thing in a slightly smaller package. ... But then I end up having a second one. :smile:

:D:D:D
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,454 Member Member Posts: 5,454 Member
    most fried foods. Especially fried vegetables

Excepting fried green tomatoes and fried okra, properly made, of course.

For me, kakiage is worth the calories.

https://norecipes.com/kakiage-recipe/
  • mnbell2013mnbell2013 Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    Most coffee shop drinks. The "refresher" drinks at Starbucks are among my favorite for this reason.

Nuts

Trail mix

Peanut butter

Granola

Sandwich bread

Yogurt

Soda

Ice cream
    edited October 21
    mnbell2013 wrote: »
    Most coffee shop drinks. The "refresher" drinks at Starbucks are among my favorite for this reason.

Nuts

Trail mix

Peanut butter

Granola

Sandwich bread

Yogurt

Soda

Ice cream

Granola is just plain silly imo
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,454 Member Member Posts: 5,454 Member
    mnbell2013 wrote: »

Nuts

Trail mix

Peanut butter

Granola

Sandwich bread

Yogurt

Soda

Ice cream

Granola is just plain silly imo

I bought a granola at Ottolenghi's from the delicatessen after eating at one of his restaurants. The most delicious granola ever, more dessert than breakfast. It was also outrageously expensive at £7.50 for a 500g bag. Then I found a blogger who typed in the recipe for it from one of his cookbooks. I put it in the recipe builder and discovered a 50g serving was 460 kcal without milk.

http://tastypi.blogspot.com/2012/08/ottolenghis-granola.html
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,128 Member Member Posts: 1,128 Member
    Any food that is not filling and makes you want more!
  • B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member Posts: 260 Member Member Posts: 260 Member
    potato chips, way overrated
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,843 Member Member Posts: 2,843 Member
    muszyngr wrote: »

I agree. Pretzels too, unless coated with peanut butter and/or chocolate. Along with cheez-it's and cheese doodles, just cheese flavored cardboard JMO
  • IronIsMyTherapyIronIsMyTherapy Member Posts: 463 Member Member Posts: 463 Member
    Anything sweet. I prefer savory and have been known to order 2nd steak and skip dessert.
    muszyngr wrote: »

Agreed. I do like wavy chips, but only on occasion/