What foods are just not worth the # of calories?

pancakerunner
pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
edited October 2020 in Food and Nutrition
A crossover of this thread and this thread . But I am curious, what foods are just not worth the # of calories to you?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    I'll start: while I like it enough, I don't think cheesecake is worth it.
  • pancakerunner
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Most wines and beers.
    Fruit juices.
    Most supermarket cakes and baked goods.

“Fruit” juices. Aka sugar water with “natural” flavoring haha
  • crossrunner1497
    crossrunner1497 Posts: 19 Member
    Granola, oil/butter (in cooking, otherwise, butter on toast may be worth it sometimes), sugar (I just replace it with stevia or buy sugar free versions), full fat anything, rice, eggs and cheesecake.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Nuts. Most fruit.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Fried okra
    Onion rings
    I love both, but not that much.
    Regular pizza. I love cleaned up, lower calorie pizza. (No oil, lean meat, like chicken instead of sausage), and veggies
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Lots of the "healthy" fats, like avacado, nuts, peanut butter. I'm perfectly happy paying the calories for full fat dairy because the quality and flavor is worth it.

Tortilla chips
    Juice
    Tonic water
    Rice
    Most things made from white potato
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Cheap Halloween candy.
    Dark chocolate (although I do miss good milk chocolate)
    Fruit juice (although I very much miss fresh squeezed orange juice)
    Alcohol (although I would indulge in one or two beers like once every six weeks if i could fit it into my calorie budget)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2020
    Wow you guys pretty much covered everything I was going to say, don't have much to add but agree with everything that has been listed.

Also sugary coffee drinks, my own are 10x better and 1/5 the calories (like other said basically any liquid calories)
    Mayo or any other high calorie condiment
    Full calorie wraps/tortillas
    Dried fruit of any kind
    Smoothies
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Full fat milk
    Nuts
    Cream-based soups/ sauces
  • camillaaxx
    camillaaxx Posts: 5 Member
    Sodas!! They don’t satisfy my sweet tooth as much as ice cream would and ice cream has lots more nutrients in it!
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Pizza rolls and chicken nuggets. My guilty pleasures but every time I see them at the store I look at the calorie counts and I just put them back. :(
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    There are many ways to answer this question because for me it is often situational. I do not eat a lot of bread because it has no satiety value for the calories spent. This includes light bread that is lower calories. Normally I would rather spend those calories on something that controls my hunger. However, if I want a sandwich I will make it work.

However, in the spirit of the thread:

Milkshakes. I can moderate them just fine so really a couple of sips is fine but since I have no interest in making them at home I either have to share the smallest one I can get or waste it.

Funnel Cake - Outgrew them I suppose. Had one on vacation last year and stopped eating it.

Most FF Burgers - If I just need some calories and I do not want grilled chicken I will get one but I seldom want one.

Real Ice Cream - too sweet. I prefer Halo.

PB2 - No thanks, if I want peanut butter just give it to me

Whoppers candy - outgrew it too apparently

Canned soup - I just hate almost all of them.

Frozen dinners - in a pinch but even the light ones are pretty caloric for the 3 bites of food you get.

Almost anything with reheated chicken breast in it - too dry

Almost anything with chicken from a crock pot recipe - cooked beyond dry and into shoe leather

Country/chicken Fried Steak - um, no

Pre-made meatballs - do the intentionally make them flavorless?

Soda - too sweet now

Anything that has artificial sweetener - even if the remaining ingredients added up to 5 it would not be worth it for the chemical flavor that I taste

Hazelnut anything

Pumpkin spice anything but pumpkin pie and even that once every 5 years or so

Savory dishes with cinnamon in them