WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Well Faith is snoozing and im already in bed with the fan on,very stuffy in the room..Alfie is parked on the bed snoozing and has had his treats..im hoping for a better day tomorrow..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    2026401yceewipybr.jpg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited November 2020
    Katla49 wrote: »
    s946axhm6tdl.jpg

Candy cigarettes - I remember them when I was about 10 but then they disappeared.
    Party lines - we were on a modified one when I was about 13 but a year or two later that was gone.
    TV Test patterns are still used.
    Metal ice cube trays - an ancient fridge in my first apartment had them.

Other than that, I've only heard of or seen some of the rest in museums or diners done up to be "50s" etc. Some of those things I've never heard of!

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Carol - I have never taken the test, is that what it is called?

I remember 8 of the “older than dirt” list, I was born in 1968. I grew up in an old house with old things.

Terri- Brylcream brings back the strongest scent memory for me. My Dad used it all the time when I was young.

Rebecca - I love the family photos. I need to pull some out of my family and different generations.

Kim - two years ago I decided to display Christmas photos from previous years during the holidays. I have a bunch with different people with Santa and they are prominently displayed on the fridge.

We had our team building day today and I have to say it was much better than I was expecting. I think we did bond and I hope the feeling carries through for the Winter at least. We are expecting a tough one.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    RIP my buckwheat homemade pad of 20 years. I tried to wash and dry it and it became like mush and smelled bad. I just ordered a flaxseed bag made by a young mother running a successful home business. Some claim flax seeds will hold heat better than buckwheat. We shall see very soon.

Nice evening rain and still warm. Using a rice bag that a friend gave me but it is very heavy and not as conforming to my neck. Should work well enough to get me to beddy-bye and sweet dreams in an hour or so. Hopefully, I can sleep till near 3 AM tomorrow.

Fae missing her buckwheat bag now laid to rest
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Didn’t have a whole lot of time yesterday between coming home from work and then leaving to get my hair cut so just did a Leslie Sansone DVD for ½ hr. Today did Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the bosu. Then the soup kitchen and then the Green Room.

After work today got dinner ready then went to Aldi. Vince seems to be getting “into” Christmas decorating. When I got home from work Steve was gone and Vince had started to put up the tree in the living room. Now he has all the trees up

Tracey – what neat ideas to give money!

Yesterday Steve made dinner. I admit, my eating was outrageous, ice cream and cookies for dessert. But back on the program today

KJ – let’s hope for a negative test. You having to shut down will really impact those other kiddos

Katla – I suspect we won’t know the final result of the election for at least a few weeks. I know that there is one state that will just START counting mail in ballots on Friday. Then you *know* that there are going to be law suits.

Flea – good thoughts for you and your pup. It’s so hard to see our furbabies declining

Fae
    – I find it rude for someone to be on the phone when I’m checking them out. I can see an emergency, but really! I feel like such a fool when I hear someone talking and turn around to talk back to them only to realize that they’re talking on their phone!

Cathy – happy belated birthday

Rebecca
    – how I wish you could come here for the holidays!

Tracey – Vince one time told me how his group were “team building”. They went to the go kart place!

I usually find that after exercise, I really don’t have much appetite for breakfast for a while.

Katla – so glad you can go back to yoga! I know how much you missed it.

Terri – Love your “younger than springtime”. I have to remember that one

Fae – my condolences

Michele NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Tracey, thanks for reminding me that two days of no snacking is better than no days! Day 3 is going well so far too!
    Fae, so sorry to hear about the demise of your buckwheat heating bag. I hope the new one provides you with many years of comfort!
    Pip, Wow, just wow, that pic of Kirby just after his accident.
    Heather, love that photo of you at the outside restaurant. Lovely little town, from what I could see behind you. Too bad about the walking date with the kids being cancelled, but hopefully it won't be for too long.
    At work, so can't comment too much, so will just wish everyone well, hugs for those who need them and congrats to those celebrating.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where it's only 5:30 but very dark already :/
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited November 2020

1031910m5uhc2jyfc.gif

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    It will be interesting how Athena handles Santa this year. She cried last year!
    I am glad you ladies enjoyed my old photos.
    Hugs, Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi Gals,

Michele- I follow politics pretty closely and was surprised by your comment that one state was not starting to count absentee/mail in ballots until Friday 11/6. I checked the listing of when states start counting and could not find that, the latest I found was election day 11/3. So the list I referenced may be wrong which state were you referring to?

Heather - there is an Asian market a few towns over... I'll have to check it out.
    Kim from N. California
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    well, one up side of going on the errands with husband is all the extra walking/steps. So instead of just making my 10,000 each day(walking extra laps at the park if I need to), today with that and the park with my friend, I am now just at 17,000 for today. I wanted to get extra in because I won't be walking at the park the next three days- won't get too many steps in tomorrow but should get quite a few Saturday morning when I help at the food program/food bank with my mom- going to be a long day but rewarding one. I will see my best friend for a very quick visit- she is having another estate sale with stuff from her parents- I may pick up a few more treasures. Then I will drive home, getting home before dark. I don't like driving at night, especially the lights from the other cars on those country roads.

Debbie
    Napa Valley CA
  • dlfk202000
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Rebecca

Those men really closely resemble the men in your family!

Yep, the Gossett strain is strong!
    b6izymp17grw.jpg
    This is my husband's family. He's the cute small kid on the left of his momma. His father passed away when he was 12 yrs old.
    Rebecca

Great picture-
    One of my good friends in school's last name is Gossett( her family is from Kentucky)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    question- who is Nreedinco
    She likes my status and encourages me- Nice to see.
    Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    T
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    I think it is Barbie who has said that there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong gear? Or something like that -- much more eloquently than I said.

But I thought of that tonight. Oh, my. The rain was torrential. I was soaked to the skin. I kept walking, and thought of what Barbie says and realized that I need to get better gear. :wink:

Thanks to all of you for how you inspire me to keep on going -- even in the rain.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline,
    Bonus: 30 mins vac, watched STAS Day 7 video, 2 loads laundry, transplanted skeleton mix violas, calla bulbs, mystery long grass.
    Get to do: submit grant pics and receipts, STAS challenge catchup, call Geico and Progressive adjustor, shop for part D, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Next Wednesday minutes to history, Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    6: Giver yourself a boost, try a new way of being physically active: learn one of the new dances.

Misty but nearly 60 degrees so quite pleasant out, until just now when the wind moaned in with heavier rain. Glad I got outside when I did!

Lisa my get to do’s would be less exhausting if I’d actually do some of them ;) Carrying them over day, to day, to day is getting old.
    Lanettte “grateful for him …among other things” Amen! Have you considered red wine extract capsules? Hard to find some that are only red wine and not Japanese KnotWeed, but here’s what I take: https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-French-Extract-Non-GMO/dp/B000BD0RR2
    Katla all but 9 and 10. ;):cry: for the loss of your cousin and so many of our young men there/then.
    Tracey :love: the santa bellies pic! What were your team building activities?
    Sue in WA two months seems like a long time to wait for your echocardiogram?
    Flea I’ll need better gear soon too. My 20+ yr old LLB and more recent vintage Lands End rain jackets both soak through after awhile. Good rain gear is spendy (was it Katla who recommended Columbia?). Think I’ll try the cheapo BiMart jackets and pants the road workers wear. Maybe they’ll have boys’ sizes… :laugh:

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 5, weigh: 5, steps>5491=4789 vits=5 log=5 CI<CO=5 CI<250<CO=4 Tumble & Shadow 5=6 mfp=5 outside=5 up hill=5
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=1 dance=0 clean 30 mins=3.5
    mnthly: board mtg=0 grant=0 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=4 play=0 sew=0
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    question- who is Nreedinco
    She likes my status and encourages me- Nice to see.
    Debbie

You can do a search to see what other posts she might have made.