WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Good morning again
    Faith is coloring.. which is wonderful.. keeps her occupied and out of trouble...
    Im sure you have seen those calming beds for dogs.. well Jean bought one for Buddy and Alfie is obsessed.. so i ordered him one from Petsmart... that will be his Christmas present...and ill.get some treats...
    Poor Tracy (DD) she has to have one of her fallopian tubes opened up before they can move on with the treatments... so she has a 6000 deductible and hasnt gotten anywhere near that so she has to pay around 4000.00 for operation and almost 900 for the surgeon...I just pray all of this works .. they both work so hard and want another child.. its just so hard to watch them go through all of this..
    Alfie is sucking that bed up !!!

praying her surgery is successful. I have had it done twice. Thankfully we didn't have to pay that much for it.

Debbie
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🤍💜💛💚♥️💙
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    Tiny Houses - I live in the smallest house I think I would be comfortable in and really I'm missing one more room. Our home is about 792 sq. ft. I think I would be fine if it was nice weather year round where the outside is more able to be used for living space. It is fine for just Rodger and I, but when the girls or anyone visits there isn't enough space.

Allie - My mom colours regularly, I send her colouring books every three or four months and she always wants new markers, pencil crayons. She also does word search and dot to dot.
    Infertility is such a heartbreaking issue. Hope all goes well for Tracy.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    I think if I were on my own a two bedroom house with some decent storage space would be fine. As there are two of us the bigger the better!!! I love having enough space to get away from each other for much of the day. We very much enjoy each other's company, but we really appreciate having our own space. Apart from meals and the evenings we are in separate rooms much of the time. I also often watch tv somewhere else and so does DH. We have three floors to spread out in. A bathroom each. I sometimes move to another bedroom in the night. Of course, all this space costs a lot of money. We were lucky enough to meet each other in later life and both had a small London property to sell and combine into one. I think we will stay here as long as both of us are alive. We could both live on the ground floor if we put a shower room in the utility room.
    If I were alone I would need to be nearer other people and would be happy with less space. But it would be a wrench to leave this house. I love it.
    I know I would struggle to live so alone. I admire those of you that do. <3

The monkfish tandoori was sublime! DH chose a bottle of Gavi to accompany it. Perfect!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    I
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Rita Sorry to hear about your allergies. I am the reverse of you, with horrible allergies until I was 54 and now very mild if any. Ragweed was a bad one for me.

KellyM Great decision! You can achieve your goals and next blood test things will look better. Lots of ladies here with good ideas on what has worked for them. 55 is a great age to get a fitness plan going.

Heather Living alone is a way of life for me and I have one good friend very close that I see every day. If she goes before I do, then I will relocate and downsize for sure. Having your own space as you do is great and having a partner sharing the same house sounds ideal.

Tracey I can understand your house size being a bit small for 2 people especially as you say in cold weather. I have to have a lot of windows so I can see out and that helps. I have an idea for a 800 sq' house and would like to do a 600 but I don't want a loft or upstairs.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Fae - you have mentioned several times you'd like to build an 800 SF house. Do you have any plans/drawings you'd be willing to share?

For the past several years, I've been following "Small Home Plans" on FB. I really like the idea of craftsman style, one floor, covered porch area. Would prefer 1 bedroom plus small den. I've noticed many of the plans I like don't have any provision for a furnace/heat pump.

Anyhow, here is one that caught my eye, far from perfect but I like the layout with garage, mud room and kitchen island.

https://www.houseplans.com/plan/788-square-feet-1-bedroom-1-bathroom-1-garage-craftsman-cottage-bungalow-40593

I doubt we'll ever build but it sure is fun to look and dream!

Lanette B)
    Really rainy SW WA State

I love that house, Lanette! I could live in that house, easily. It's really cute.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Lanette- I love that house set up too
    Im in a one bedroom condo with a open den,the kitchen,dining and living room are all in one room with a slider out to my patio..
    The size us just fine for one person,it could be ok for 2 as there is the den with a second TV
    2 days down 2 to go
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I got on the scale this morning and was disappointed with what I saw. I haven’t been following my diet and put 10 pounds on recently due mostly to stress eating. I need Pip’s 🥾 boot!! Lol

Seriously though, before all my bloodwork goes bad again I need to lose that 10 (hopefully 20) pounds to stay healthy.

Ragweed allergies really bad today. Nose and eyes affected. I hate having allergies. They seem to be getting worse as I get older!

RV Rita

::::: putting on the steel toe boots on ::::::
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    heading up to my parents for the weekend- won't be on here until Sunday afternoon-
    Have an amazing weekend ladies!!

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    Fae - we are very fortunate to have lots of Windows and like I said when it’s just the two of us it’s fine. My issue is when we want to have the Grands for a sleepover. It is hard getting them to sleep and staying asleep when they have to share a room.

Tomorrow for instance I am keeping my cousin’s granddaughter for the night. I would love to bring my Granddaughter out too, the concern is how to get the baby to sleep and Michaela to bed when there is only one room for them unless Rodger was to sleep on the couch, but that’s not fair to him.

Tracey in Edmonton