• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    I gained two pounds. Ugh! This is hard!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Kathleen- Welcome! What part of NE Oregon are you from? We have family members in Malheur County. I have cousins there and DH’s sister is also there. :smiley:

Janet R- OKC:- Happy Birthday!!! You are looking lovely, & blue is your color! It is good to see you posting. :smiley:

Rebecca- We are in a similar situation—no travel out of state due to CoVID worries. We won’t be travelling any time soon, as near as I can tell. DH is not ready for a long drive to visit family on the other side of the state, or to see dear friends in Washington State. We connect with friends and family via phone calls and internet. :flowerforyou: DH & I have both had flu shots, but CoVID shots aren’t available so far. We don't plan to travel anywhere in the near future. When the vaccine is available things will be different. :ohwell:

I watched the US Election results last night and today. I am hopeful for a smooth transition and better future. As I understand it, the Presidential Inauguration will occur on January 20, 2021.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    JanetR
    You look lovely, so happy to see you posting--you've been missed. Love the pics of the granddaughter and great-grandson. Happy belated birthday!

Heather
    Love the pics of the grands, always do. Such a beautiful country.

Ginny
    Happy birthday!

Machka
    Love that picture of you - you look rested and happy.

Pretty much just chilling this weekend - ran up to Wally World to pick up a few tchotchkes for the family so they'll have a few Christmas presents to open. We'll do Thanksgiving on Thursday and Christmas on Friday or Saturday. I bought a rubber duck for everyone. (Because everyone needs a duck, that's why.)

My daughter had her holidays mixed up, and my oldest grandson will be coming down as well. It will be lovely to see the whole gang if it all works out - and they've made arrangements for the dogs to be taken care of in Kansas, which makes my husband happy. He does not like dogs in the house, he never has. He's darned attached to Egg, though!

And... naptime I'm thinking, with the windows open. Beautiful day.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,334 Member
    Options
    Here is DH on another beauty spot called Black Down. He was out walking with his friend on Thursday. He said it was absolutely beautiful.
    5wwwl1060tf5.jpg

Sussex is a lovely county. I lived here all of my teenage years.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lisa thanks lady, seems your enjoying your life at home and your family. I love having my oldest daughter so close once again.

Heather, I love the beautiful scenery in the picture of your husband, as always I so enjoy seeing your gorgeous pictures.

Katla, thank you so much. I do love blue :)

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Janetr you look amazing! How long did it take you to lose weight?

I've joined a fitness/weight loss challenge for 6 weeks starting tomorrow. Lots of advice on nutrition as well by the sounds of it. I know what I should be eating, but I don't always listen to myself. I'm hoping that the combo of exercising and calorie counting will help shift a few pounds (at least!) Consistency is not my strong point, but I'm finding as I get older, I'm getting more aches and pains and I'm not as mobile as I was a few years ago. I notice this more and more on dog walks when my daughter strides across little streams etc and I'm working out which is the best leg to use first and wondering if I can actually cross this giant gap, without falling into the water!!

Another noisy night here with the fireworks, I'm hoping I'll be able to get Leah out for a little walk to do her "business" in the next few minutes. She is so terrified poor thing, that she won't go, and it's a long time for her to wait until morning.

Wish me luck that no fireworks go off whilst we are out.

Take care!

Love Viv <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Didn’t do any formal exercise today. Worked and then Vince wanted to finish closing the pool (waaaaaaa!). I do want to walk to the dollar store since I totally forgot to get poster board earlier so I’ll definitely get my steps in. The plan for tomorrow is to do some Wii Balance games. Update: I didn’t walk because after the dollar store I went to Michael’s to get the glue for my puzzle.

Now making chocolate chip cookies for Vince. Yesterday made meatloaf for us to have during the week

Barbara – no, my church doesn’t live stream the mass. Our pastor is VERY old school, VERY. I really believe when this whole pandemic started, he felt “oh, it’ll only last a short while and then everything will go back to the way it was”. Only that’s not happening. He’s a real sweet person. A sweeter person you couldn’t find. Yet, he isn’t innovative at all. Things have to be the way they’ve always been, like taking the second collection AFTER the communion. A lot of people leave at communion time, wouldn’t it make more sense to take the collection while there are more people in the church? But that’s not how it was done 50 years ago.

Kathleen – welcome! Bet you and Heather can share some good ideas. She’s a great cook

janetR
    – so good to see you. You’ve been missed. Happy belated birthday. Gosh, I can remember when Bea was born! Am I old or what?

Carol – I was hoping Lenora would be here more lately.

Annie
    – 2 pounds isn’t much at all. I can fluctuate 2 pounds easily. Tomorrow it’ll probably be gone.

Tracey – hope things work well for your mom. Love your overnight guest

Michele NC
    Who put the glue on her puzzle, now waiting for it to dry
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 58min 34sec, 1st rain in Fresno, 67elev, 80ahr, 97mhr, 5.54mi= 571c
    Strava app = 671c
    Spin bike- 31.18min, 89elev, 21.4amph, 127ahr, 156mhr, 11.17mi= 322c
    Strava app = 299c

Total cal 893
  • pfolsom35
    pfolsom35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Belong to Optavia and have lost 26 lbs in the last 9 weeks. Hope to continue my road to success in November with a few goals and a lot of determination.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Lisa thanks lady, seems your enjoying your life at home and your family. I love having my oldest daughter so close once again.

Heather, I love the beautiful scenery in the picture of your husband, as always I so enjoy seeing your gorgeous pictures.

Katla, thank you so much. I do love blue :)

Janetr OKC

So good to see you, Janet!!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Carol in GA – I am enjoying the tv. I have a nice one in the living room and with it just me, I don’t really need two. However, I do like to curl up in bed and watch things some evenings. I am with you about the stupid time change. I think we should just pick one and stick with it.

Machka-your time off sounds wonderful.

Barbara, So. Oregon – could be that at our ages now we are taking better care of ourselves than at 40 (I know I am!)

Heather – your grands are very cute. The country side is quite beautiful.

JanetR-we share the same birthday! Hope you had a happy day. Grand kids are cute! The ggrandson has a glint to his eye-he will be hard to keep up with! Amazing transformation! Thanks for sharing before and after.

Tracey-hope they figure out what is going on with your mother. It must be difficult to be so far away.

Didn't get as much done as I wanted today. Got front lamp post painted and new numbers on them. We had taken the old ones down off the mailbox on the porch and relied on painted numbers on curb, which are fading. Decided it would be good to have something clearly identifying house. Pleased with final product. Got laundry done, a bit of grocery shopping and made a balsamic pork loin for meals this week.

Going to watch the Buckeyes play now. Hoping they win. May do some on-line Christmas shopping during it.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,341 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    P
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    But I will still be working.

I'm debating what to do about that.

I have to work ... money doesn't grow on trees. However, I do have options for flexibility.

Assuming a 76-hour fortnight ...
    • I could work an extra 51 minutes a day for 9 days ... and take the 10th day off each fortnight.
    • I could simply request to work 3.8 hours less each week ... and take the 10th day off each fortnight.
    • I could request to work 3.8 hours less each fortnight, and work an extra 26 minutes a day for 9 days ... and take the 10th day off each fortnight.

That's about as much of a change as I'd want to make at the moment.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3