NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @teresaw1020 Keep up the good work. You are becoming a new you. I love your new profile pic. I've loved New Zealand since Lord of the Rings.

@trooworld I got 50% today. But I did get 100% the day before just wasn't here to report it. Woohoo on getting over 100% Keep it going.

@cbabie Yaaay for another walk. It's becoming a habit. Plus I'm glad you had a couple of zen moments. Funny how you and I had such different lives with mom and dad. When I was with them they watched the same news channel and I would keep my earplugs in watching something on my computer just so I wouldn't have to listen to it. :D Which would get me a comment from dad. You're always sitting there staring at that screen. Which I would reply, Yeah like you are always sitting there staring at THAT (points to the TV) screen. lol I bet they wished they had a kid that didn't talk back. Oh, that was you. :# just keep tracking.

@retiredandlovingit I like to help people tweak their plans cause I hope karma comes back my way and I get helped. I laughed at the 60's being cold comment. It's all perspective. 60 degree weather is shorts weather for my kids when they were in college. Although I do remember as a teen and young adult laying out in the sun freezing in March, just to get a good start on my tan.

@mswatson0777 You seem very focused and ready to hit your goals. I'm loving the Nevada memes too. Doom scrolling. lol It reminds me of when covid first started I would constantly check the numbers to see if anything had changed. I hate this in between phase.

Yellow- Went way Over 267/164
    Intentional movement: rest day but earned some zone minutes from moving furniture.
    11 zone minutes minus 5 for inactivity 3/8 (sat scrolling looking for news. lol)

November goals:
    Green dot day :(
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories ***
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait o:) (did this on Thursday)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, I didn't do so well yesterday, I was popping in and out all day lol. I haven't seen the memes, now I have to go see them! Okay, I just went and looked some of them up...HILARIOUS! Thanks for the laugh this morning. Hopefully, your Friday went by quickly. That was a good idea to write out your goals for the weekend. Good luck on meeting them!

@theslightedgeforever Yay for your 100% and meh-yah for your 50% lol! I got 100% yesterday, I was trying to flush that sodium out of my system.

Good morning ladies and happy Saturday! I weighed in and basically stayed the same (I was up 0.4 lbs). Not exactly where I wanted to be but oh well. It's supposed to rain today and as I said, I'm making chili. I'm also going to begin my attempt at sewing a circle skirt. I took down most of my Halloween decorations yesterday, I just need my hubby's help taking the lights down.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 1-Nov 7:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, I have to make this short...just lost all my post and I have a conf on zoom all day here in a few. Didn't track yesterday.. only 1 walk, but did get my hair trimmed..it's been since 11/19 since I was in to get my hair done..UGH..

I will try to catch up on post later, but no promises.. LOL

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Whelp, I ended up eating my stress and feelings yesterday afternoon. I've had a lot of big emotions this week and with all the election stress and quarantine stress I think I just broke. This week I'm going to cook healthy options get the junk out of the house so I can refocus on my goals.

@trooworld Glad you enjoyed them! They've definitely been my one takeaway of all this. Good job maintaining this week, I don't think it was an easy weight loss week for anyone

@theslightedgeforever I also hate the in between phase but it looks like it finally got called this morning so we can finally settle hopefully :) And moving furniture? Did you rearrange the house?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! I've never had my hair this short and I'm loving it. :) Why were you moving furniture?

@trooworld Halloween decorations are down and now it’s time to get that Christmas village up! When will you actually do it? Your gain will come off this week. :)

@cbabie That is good that you went and got your hair cut. :)

@mswatson0777 Stress eating happens to us all. I agree that you need to regroup and make a plan for this week that will get you back on track. :)

Good morning! Yesterday I kept super busy and stayed off social media and the news to protect my peace of mind. Instead, I listened to podcasts, watched General Hospital, and played with glitter! <3 I found this pic on Pinterest and fell in love with the Merry Christmas garland, so I found a company that does wooden letters and ordered the font that matches the pic. Then yesterday, I painted them white, dumped sparkling white glitter all over them and hot glued a string to the back. I can’t wait to see how they look on my tree. This year I’m doing my tree in white, silver, and gold. :) I also spent a good amount of time getting the Christmas cards ready that my pastor wants our people to send out to each other. 128 cards (2 cards per person) divided into 22 piles! I still have to get the 64 cards (total families in our church) and address the envelopes so the staff can sign them to our people. I need to go back to Hobby Lobby and buy more stamps! :grin: My weight is holding steady and hopefully I can get more off this week. OK, I am going to work out and then go to church. Mom has decided to join us this morning. :)

45zh4kzks2u6.jpg

• trooworld
    @cbabie Sorry you lost your post. Are you posting from a computer or your phone? If your computer, can you type your responses in Word or Notepad and copy and paste into the posting field? That's what I do and I never lose my posts. That's good you got your hair trimmed, that always makes me feel better.

@mswatson0777 Sorry you broke yesterday. Hugs to you. That's a good idea to get the junk out of the house. Yeah, I don't think it would be easy to lose this week but somehow, our @TeresaW1020 did it!!! :D

@TeresaW1020 Well, if it were up to me, I'd start putting the Christmas decorations up November 1st BUT hubby's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving and he feels it gets steamrolled by Christmas lol. So...he won't let me even put mistletoe up until the day after Thanksgiving. Heck, he won't even let me watch a Christmas movie around him until the day after Thanksgiving! :D It sounds like you did well practicing self-care yesterday. I LOVE glitter! Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see how your tree comes out (that means you have to take a picture ;) ) it's going to be fabulous! Wow, that card project sounds labor-intensive. Enjoy your day!

Hi all! Well, I kept myself busy yesterday I was Suzi homemaker: I went and got groceries and then I put a complicated chili recipe in the crockpot, and then hubby asked me to make him a dessert (and of course, he couldn't want a HEALTHY dessert) so I decided to make him an Oreo cheesecake. I had to go back to the store for more groceries. Then I put on music and went to town making the cheesecake. We haven't gotten to try it yet because it had to set in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours. Today, I have to put a ganache on it and it will be done and ready to try. The chili came out fantastic and hubby made cornbread to go with it. I hope to attempt to sew my skirt today, I didn't get to do it yesterday. Honestly, I'm intimidated by it but I shouldn't be. I've sewn more complicated things before and they've turned out. I made a bustier-type of top once to wear one New Year's Eve when I was younger and bolder. That was complicated.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 That tree is beautiful, what a fun idea for the holidays. And I absolutely LOVE your new photo, you look so cute!

@trooworld You were super busy! How did the cheesecake come out? And I'm impressed by your sewing skills, I can barely sew on a button.

So you know all my good plans to do well on Saturday? We ended up day drinking all day so that definitely didn't happen. Bad food and alcohol choices were made, but I'm not even mad about it because it was a lot of fun. Today I'm definitely feeling the pain from it, but I got a walk and some yoga in and prepped healthy food for the week so at least I'm setting myself up for success for the week.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    edited November 2020
    @trooworld Yaaay on your 100%. I got 25% today. Actually didn't do much. I did go back and track just now so I could count that. i didn't do as bad as I thought I did. So make this week count so you see a loss. Personally, I would rather have a small portion of a regular dessert than a normal-large portion of a healthy dessert. To me they aren't as good. If I'm going to eat the calories/carbs, I want it to be yummy.

@cbabie Yaaaay on your walk. So try again with the tracking tomorrow.

@mswatson0777 So we all just get back to our goals and doing what we can to be healthy and losing weight. I'm so glad this in between stage is over. Now if we could just get covid over and go back to normal. I wonder if we're going to have to pick a new normal.

@teresaw1020 The good thing is that your weight is holding steady. It's just resting from all that weight you lost and is ready to move some out again. That tree is so pretty. I love the letters. My mom always liked to have a "perfect" Christmas tree and I just wanted everything thrown on like an old fashioned Christmas tree. We always had a white artificial tree growing up. Yuck!

For those that asked, I was moving planters and patio furniture. Those bushes and trees I dug up got put into planters and they are HEAVY. I'm not one to ask for help much. Dh was watching me from inside the house. Finally he comes out and says Do you need help? NO. Cause he will help then he will hurt his back and then I will have to hear him moan and groan for days. No thank you. I may have been slow doing it but I got 'er done.

Yellow- Went Over 167/164
    Intentional movement: rest day
    0 zone minutes minus 5 for inactivity 3/8

November goals:
    Green dot day :(
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories ***
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yes! The cheesecake came out amazing. I will include a picture. It was soooo tasty (but rich). Well, I have more moxie when it comes to sewing than I do skills. I still consider myself a beginner! ;) I made some bad choices this weekend, too, you aren't alone! That's good you had fun and don't regret it. And really good you prepped some healthy food.

@theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday and almost didn't get that: I realized at about 3:00 that I hadn't drunk any water so I got to it. That's good you went back and tracked. I would also rather have a small portion of a regular dessert. I didn't have a small portion of that oreo cheesecake I made, but I can thank my husband for the large portion, he cut it and served it. I'm not eating any more of it. We gave 1/2 of it to my MIL, BIL, and SIL. The rest of it is my husband's. Not mine. I don't blame you for not letting your DH help if he's just going to hurt himself and moan and groan lol.

@cbabie I hope you slept well last night. Don't forget to track and weigh-in today. ;)

Hello everyone. I didn't end up sewing yesterday after all, I ended up deep cleaning my Ninja Foodi, which was a mess and nearly a fire hazard. By the time I was done with that, I had to pick up DH from his brother's. I was tired and didn't feel like cooking and counting on him cooking but he laughed when I asked if he was cooking. So we had leftover chili and then we had the cheesecake which was incredible. I work today onsite and I'm going to try to see if we can work on getting me more hours. I'm only working 20 hours a week right now and EDD is supposed to be paying the other 20 hours that I'm missing but they haven't paid me a dime since I went back to work and it's starting to smart.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:

p9epdjb9sc4z.jpg
  • cbabie
    Morning all, Well my weekend was a bust. I ate my family emotions this weekend. My DH ate his fingernails...that is why he is thin. LOL. Baby girl got new pj's (warm ones) and now I can't get her out of them. She stayed in them ll day yesterday..If I didn't have church yesterday..I would have joined her . LOL. So tracking starts anew today. I have to win this battle. I did MAKE myself get on the scale, up .2 lbs. Expected more, so I am okay with it.

@theslightedgeforever LOL Did you tell DH why you refused his help? I can see him rolling his eyes. LOL. Well are you sore today? I can hear you singing...I did it my way. LOL

@trooworld OH MY...This picture of cheesecake is the 1st thing I saw this morning...I would have to send the whole thing away.. Cheesecake is ONE of my favorites.Then you add oreo's..YUM. It looks awesome. We had chili yesterday too, it was windy and Cold here. It rained overnight too. I am going to have to learn how to go walk in the cold!!! It's not like I don't have jackets...LOL I did WI today..up .2 lbs

@TeresaW1020 So glad your mom decided to go with you..It gets her out of the house a bit. Yea I am trying to stay off media. I bet your tree is going to be awesome..Me and my sister are different..I love a well put together tree, but I also had grandkids and all the ornaments were on the bottom when they would help..I so enjoyed them helping, but after they left, I would move them up a bit. LOL.

@mswatson0777 I am sure there were alot of people that wanted to drink all day this weekend. LOL You will get back on track..and the fact you don't feel bad about it is good. That is a healthy mindset. We should never do anything out of guilt..then people will manipulate us. LOL. You took accountability for your "fun". I hope this week goes well for you..at least you checked in this weekend..I did not..but back to trying again.

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..been having great weather here for a week (70's), but supposed to start turning cooler today. Kind of drizzly today, but we went out & mowed the leaves to mulch them up. Another good windy day & the trees should be clear. They were a real pretty red & orange this year, but so windy lately, they didn't last long on the tree.

@mswatson0777 Hope you are feeling better today. Good job with getting healthy food ready.

@trooworld Wow, that dessert looks fabulous!! Although, cheesecake is something I can have a bite or 2 of & I'm done. Just don't like rich desserts. Give me a good chocolate cake, tho, & I will probably eat the whole thing. I used to make an oreo dessert using sugar free pudding, cool whip & crushed oreos. Turned out kinda like mousse.

@TeresaW1020 Your hair looks great. I like the tree, too, very classy!! Both of my dd's like white lights on the tree, but I go for the multicolor ones. We did put the lights on the outside trees yesterday because it was so nice, but I won't be turning them on for awhile. I enjoy my Thanksgiving decorations.

@theslightedgeforever What trees were you moving? I bet you are sore. I am kinda the same way...if dh won't offer right away to help, I will do it myself, thank you. I think next year I may cut my garden down to just zucchini & tomatoes & put them in big pots so I can put them in the sun. Our tree is starting to shade my garden spot & don't know where else to move it so it won't be right in the middle of the yard. We have too many stupid easements for electrical, cable, etc. Even though they are pretty much buried a couple of feet deep, dh doesnt want to dig anywhere around them. Oh, we might put pumpkins here where our old garden is.

@cbabie Sorry for so much family stress. Keep trying!!

Oh no...just got a text from dd that our gd(she's 13) is in quarantine until the 19th. Must have gotten exposed at school. She is feeling fine so far, tho, & should be able to do her schoolwork virtually. She is the one that had pneumonia in the spring & dd is almost convinced that it was Covid, she had all the symptoms that they say now, but of course, wasn't tested because it was end of Jan-beginning Feb. Hopefully it was & she still has some antibodies, lol. We definitely won't be seeing them for awhile now. (We haven't seen them in person since the 31st.)

Our state numbers are high enough that the schools can apply for an online waiver, but not sure if they will. So far, most of them are still in school. It was on the news that the other 6-7 building & 8-9 building in town have gone to online school, so I think dd kinda figured it was only a matter of time, since it seems that gd's age group are the ones getting it. (there are 2 of each of those buildings) I do believe masks help, and their town finally issued a mask mandate, even though our governor won't. I hope there is compliance without resistance.

Our other gd (age 11, in OK) was sick yesterday, fever & said hard to breathe, so she went to Urgent Care. They did rapid strep, influenza, & covid tests & said she is negative for all. Gave her z-pac. Guess she is fever free so far today. Hopefully she will do OK. Dd & ex both have risk factors.

Wish we could just jump 6 months, have an immunization, & all be somewhat safe & back to normal, lol. Hope you all have a great day.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hi All! Happy Monday!!!! Well I received the results of the job I had applied and interviewed for and unfortunately I didn’t get the job. Kinda stinks because it was going to be the reset I needed. Just means i have to keep looking and try harder. I also need to get my butt in gear and get healthy again. I’m almost back to my highest weight again. Hope everyone is having a great Monday and it’s not too manic for everyone.

~Missy

CW: 221, HW: 223, GW: 110
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever We probably will have to look at a new normal. With the rising numbers, I'll be shocked if we don't have a lockdown/stay in place order coming up. And you're a strong lady to move all those planters, that is hard work!

@cbabie Sorry you had a rough weekend with food too, although .2lbs isn't bad at all! Here's to both of us being back on track today!

@trooworld Omg that cheesecake looks like a dream! I applaud your self-control because if that was in my house I would have already devoured the entire thing. Sorry to hear the second half of your income payments haven't come in, that's a big chunk of change to be missing!

Happy Monday All! Today is my last day of quarantine so I'm back in the office tomorrow. I'm going to miss working in sweatpants next to my dogs on the couch, but it's definitely a good thing I'm getting away from the kitchen because this set up is not good for my waistline. I got an epic workout in this morning, but the weather is kind of icky today so I probably won't get a dog walk in. Maybe it'll force me to get some dissertation work in instead.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Oh dear, I'm sorry about your weekend. I'm like baby girl in her PJs, I come home from work and put my PJs on and that's how I stay for the night lol. Great job getting on the scale even though you didn't want to. Up .2 lbs is practice for maintenance. The cheesecake...yeah, I should have sent the whole thing away lol. I did have another piece last night and that was the last of it. It was soooo good! Cheesecake is one of my favorites, too. I think we sent the rain we had over the weekend over to you.

@RetiredAndLovingIt That's good that the weather is nice. Too bad the pretty leaves didn't last as long this year. Yeah, the cheesecake was really rich. Chocolate cake is something I love, too. Your dessert sounds delicious and something that could be worked into a healthy lifestyle more easily than my cheesecake lol. Oh I hope your GD is okay and doesn't have COVID. I wish we could jump ahead 6 months, too.

@gemwolf110 Oh I'm sorry you didn't get the job, that has to be disappointing. We are about at the same weight (I'm currently at 226.6). Let's get healthy!

@mswatson0777 Well, I should have sent all of it out of the house because I did have a second (generous) piece lol! Oh well, there is no more of it so I can't eat more. Yeah, that income is really missed, it's taking a toll on our savings. I hope you have a good first day back to the office. Sorry about the icky weather.

Hi all. Well, I talked to my director yesterday and he's going to try to get my hours reinstated to 40. That would be great. We'll see. I'm torn about how I feel about it: on the one hand, I need the money. On the other hand, I won't have all the extra time that I do right now (not that I am using it in good ways lol). But I do hope I get my hours back. I had a healthy dinner last night, hopefully, it makes up for the piece of cheesecake I had for dessert. :P

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 That is good that your quarantine is finally over. I hope you don’t have to do it again anytime soon. But I’m with you and would rather be in my comfy clothes next to my dog. :)

@gemwolf110 Bummer about the job but keep at it and you will find one even better. :) Do you have a plan to get the weight gain off? Especially with the holidays approaching.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I always hate when the leaves are at their peak and then a big windy rainstorm comes along and takes them all away. But I guess if I was the one mowing and mulching them, I would be happy to have them gone. :grin:

@cbabie Being up .2 lbs isn’t much at all! But I am sorry that you ate your emotions. <3 Yeah, my daughter loved to help me with the tree when she was little and she always knew when I dared to move one of her carefully placed ornaments. These days no one helps me so it’s sheer perfection, but the memories aren’t as sweet as they once were. So let those grandkids help all they want. :)

@trooworld Holy Moly that Oreo cheesecake looks amazing!! There is no way I could make that cake and not devour it. Your hubby better appreciates your culinary skills. :)

@theslightedgeforever I think I’m a little like your mom with the need for a perfect tree. :D Yeah, my weight is still holding steady and even bouncing up some. I’m refusing to let it get to me and will just keep plugging along.

Good morning! So, I spent almost all day yesterday getting my tree up and now my house is a hot mess. I was bummed because my Merry Christmas garland was wayyy too little for my big tree and looked stupid. So, I need to figure out something else to do with it. My back was killing me last night, so I guess I overdid it a bit. :# Today, I’m taking mom to a doctor’s appointment and then out to lunch and shopping. She has several places she wants to go so we will shop until she is tired. I need to start some Christmas shopping! I ordered two books for DH but that is it so far. Ohhh and of course I already bought the dog some new toys. :grin:
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 I hope so too, but with being required to go in person to work I figure it's only a matter of time. And dog holiday shopping is always my favorite! Sorry to hear your garland didn't work, is there somewhere else in the house it would hang well?

@trooworld I hope you can get your hours back, but I totally get being torn about it. A part of me was glad I never got furloughed, the other part of me kind of wanted that extended time off (but knowing me I would have been miserable)

@gemwolf110 Sorry you didn't get the job. I hope there's an amazing one out there for you!

@RetiredandLovingIt Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your GD! I hope she continues to stay symptom free. I've been watching the news about Iowa, and I truly hope you all get a mask mandate at some point. I think it's really helped keep our numbers down.

The weather is garbage and I'm going a little stir crazy. This is definitely going to be a very long winter for me. I am back in person at work so I actually get to see people again which is nice, even though I'm just waiting for the next time I get exposed at work and have to go back into quarantine.

We don't have any plans this weekend and I actually took an extra day off so I'm going to work a lot on my dissertation. I miss being able to write outside of my home, I would love to just hang out in a Starbucks right now.

I feel like my emotions have just been swinging from stress to boredom with little blips of happiness in between. Basically, I'm meh.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, went for 2 walks yesterday. So that was the positive, tracked, that was a positive, went over 400 calories...not the positive. It's just too cold here, I hate cold weather.

@mswatson0777 Glad you are back to work in person. ( I think) LOL. Sound like we are waiting of the other shoe to drop. I hope you don't get exposed to covid..however, the 2 week down time gives you variety in your work place LOL

@trooworld yes I think you sent the rain over, I am sending it back now. LOL I hear you on the hours..too bad you couldn't do have in person and half remote. I believe in you and you can do what you will need to do, either way the job goes.

@TeresaW1020 My grandkids are now between the ages of 25 (soon to be 26 and 13). So not much decorating going on here now. Personally I hate the holidays. It's been a VERY long time since they were not filled with drama of some sort. Books are good, Do your dogs get them early? LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt So sorry to hear about your GD, but hopefully your right and she already has her immune system for this. I love the fall leaves, but living in AZ you don't get too many of those. :(. We still have mixed school programs here. Part virtual and part in person. Luckily I don't have school age children. :)

@gemwolf110 Sorry to hear about the job, but I do know when one door closed the right door opens.. Glad to see you on here today.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Oh dear, I'm sorry about your weekend. I'm like baby girl in her PJs, I come home from work and put my PJs on and that's how I stay for the night lol. Great job getting on the scale even though you didn't want to. Up .2 lbs is practice for maintenance. The cheesecake...yeah, I should have sent the whole thing away lol. I did have another piece last night and that was the last of it. It was soooo good! Cheesecake is one of my favorites, too. I think we sent the rain we had over the weekend over to you.

@RetiredAndLovingIt That's good that the weather is nice. Too bad the pretty leaves didn't last as long this year. Yeah, the cheesecake was really rich. Chocolate cake is something I love, too. Your dessert sounds delicious and something that could be worked into a healthy lifestyle more easily than my cheesecake lol. Oh I hope your GD is okay and doesn't have COVID. I wish we could jump ahead 6 months, too.

@gemwolf110 Oh I'm sorry you didn't get the job, that has to be disappointing. We are about at the same weight (I'm currently at 226.6). Let's get healthy!

@mswatson0777 Well, I should have sent all of it out of the house because I did have a second (generous) piece lol! Oh well, there is no more of it so I can't eat more. Yeah, that income is really missed, it's taking a toll on our savings. I hope you have a good first day back to the office. Sorry about the icky weather.

Hi all. Well, I talked to my director yesterday and he's going to try to get my hours reinstated to 40. That would be great. We'll see. I'm torn about how I feel about it: on the one hand, I need the money. On the other hand, I won't have all the extra time that I do right now (not that I am using it in good ways lol). But I do hope I get my hours back. I had a healthy dinner last night, hopefully, it makes up for the piece of cheesecake I had for dessert. :P

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:

Yes let’s part of me wonders if the weight is holding me back from progressing. Some ppl still have the misconceptions of people being overweight. Certain family members keep saying that at least.

That’s great! I hope that you do get reinstated for the 40. I would have mixed feelings to. Good luck 🍀
  • gemwolf110
    @mswatson0777 That is good that your quarantine is finally over. I hope you don’t have to do it again anytime soon. But I’m with you and would rather be in my comfy clothes next to my dog. :)

@gemwolf110 Bummer about the job but keep at it and you will find one even better. :) Do you have a plan to get the weight gain off? Especially with the holidays approaching.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I always hate when the leaves are at their peak and then a big windy rainstorm comes along and takes them all away. But I guess if I was the one mowing and mulching them, I would be happy to have them gone. :grin:

@cbabie Being up .2 lbs isn’t much at all! But I am sorry that you ate your emotions. <3 Yeah, my daughter loved to help me with the tree when she was little and she always knew when I dared to move one of her carefully placed ornaments. These days no one helps me so it’s sheer perfection, but the memories aren’t as sweet as they once were. So let those grandkids help all they want. :)

@trooworld Holy Moly that Oreo cheesecake looks amazing!! There is no way I could make that cake and not devour it. Your hubby better appreciates your culinary skills. :)

@theslightedgeforever I think I’m a little like your mom with the need for a perfect tree. :D Yeah, my weight is still holding steady and even bouncing up some. I’m refusing to let it get to me and will just keep plugging along.

Good morning! So, I spent almost all day yesterday getting my tree up and now my house is a hot mess. I was bummed because my Merry Christmas garland was wayyy too little for my big tree and looked stupid. So, I need to figure out something else to do with it. My back was killing me last night, so I guess I overdid it a bit. :# Today, I’m taking mom to a doctor’s appointment and then out to lunch and shopping. She has several places she wants to go so we will shop until she is tired. I need to start some Christmas shopping! I ordered two books for DH but that is it so far. Ohhh and of course I already bought the dog some new toys. :grin:

My plan is to keep within my points for now and within calories when my WW runs out on Dec. 22. I honestly don’t know what is going to happen for the holidays with COVID. We might be doing something real small if anything.

Take care of your back! Back pain is one of the worst. Love how you are decorating for the holidays. I’ll be picking out my tree this weekend. Starting to get to my favorite season but it doesn’t feel like it yet lol. Christmas shopping has started early this year. My 2nd job is retail and we have been busy!!! Which is excellent since it could have easily have gone the other way.
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @mswatson0777 Yes! The cheesecake came out amazing. I will include a picture. It was soooo tasty (but rich). Well, I have more moxie when it comes to sewing than I do skills. I still consider myself a beginner! ;) I made some bad choices this weekend, too, you aren't alone! That's good you had fun and don't regret it. And really good you prepped some healthy food.

@theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday and almost didn't get that: I realized at about 3:00 that I hadn't drunk any water so I got to it. That's good you went back and tracked. I would also rather have a small portion of a regular dessert. I didn't have a small portion of that oreo cheesecake I made, but I can thank my husband for the large portion, he cut it and served it. I'm not eating any more of it. We gave 1/2 of it to my MIL, BIL, and SIL. The rest of it is my husband's. Not mine. I don't blame you for not letting your DH help if he's just going to hurt himself and moan and groan lol.

@cbabie I hope you slept well last night. Don't forget to track and weigh-in today. ;)

Hello everyone. I didn't end up sewing yesterday after all, I ended up deep cleaning my Ninja Foodi, which was a mess and nearly a fire hazard. By the time I was done with that, I had to pick up DH from his brother's. I was tired and didn't feel like cooking and counting on him cooking but he laughed when I asked if he was cooking. So we had leftover chili and then we had the cheesecake which was incredible. I work today onsite and I'm going to try to see if we can work on getting me more hours. I'm only working 20 hours a week right now and EDD is supposed to be paying the other 20 hours that I'm missing but they haven't paid me a dime since I went back to work and it's starting to smart.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:

p9epdjb9sc4z.jpg

That dish looks delicious!!!! Do you mind sharing the recipe? If we do have Thanksgiving dinner I’d like to make that!