Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Related questions:
    • Where is the "line" for you personally as to what you would be willing to try or engage in assuming they were legal and involved consenting partners (also legal)?
    • Have you ever actually encountered someone with erm... more unusual interests in the bedroom?
    • Does anyone ever wonder where these interests originate from in the first place? What dictates what a person will find sexually arousing that is a complete turn off or non-interest for another? I've always wondered where these interests arise from. I don't have answers, only questions.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Related questions:
    • Where is the "line" for you personally as to what you would be willing to try or engage in assuming they were legal and involved consenting partners (also legal)?
    • Have you ever actually encountered someone with erm... more unusual interests in the bedroom?
    • Does anyone ever wonder where these interests originate from in the first place? What dictates what a person will find sexually arousing that is a complete turn off or non-interest for another? I've always wondered where these interests arise from. I don't have answers, only questions.

haven't found the line so much yet i guess

have encountered unusual interests and ended up sparking fires in my brain going forward afterwards

dont think about the causes too much if i can help it anymore
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited November 2020
    Related questions:

the line prolly changes depending on the person

never met someone with super crazy fetishes imo

i figure they happen just bc lil funny ways our brains are wired and then random experiences thru life
  • KosmosKitten
    iMago wrote: »
    Related questions:

have encountered unusual interests and ended up sparking fires in my brain going forward afterwards

They interest me because people and their motivations for doing things interest me. I'm a "people watcher". Like a person who watches birds, but I enjoy watching people doing people things. Don't care to participate, though. :lol:
  • iMago
    Related questions:

They interest me because people and their motivations for doing things interest me. I'm a "people watcher". Like a person who watches birds, but I enjoy watching people doing people things. Don't care to participate, though. :lol:

i figure i got my own issues and im at the point i don't care to explain them so much. so i figure other folks are the same way. if they wanted me to know why they are the way they are about certain things they'd just tell me.

i mostly people watch at Walmart. i actually feel really bad for the deformed and mangled people who can't go shopping at 3am anymore due to the reduced hours
  • Related questions:

I....play pretty hard. My limits are pretty much around "do I know how to do that in a mostly-safe manner" and "can my body handle it" which is getting better, but even when I am at goal weight I'll still have arthritis in my feet and that may limit my standing time and possibly what shoes I can wear. (This is kink related, cause a lot of guys kink for women in heels.)

There's a few fetishes that I just don't get into. I'm not repelled by them, they're not unsafe, they just don't move me. Basically, I'll do them if you pay me for my time and possibly the required equipment. (If you draw blood or work with bodily fluids on things that can't be bleached (like leather) best practice is that those things are only ever used on that one person again. This is why my canes are made of hard plastic, not rattan.)

Encountered? I prefer them. (giggle) I live it 24/7. (It's not as exciting as everyone thinks.)

I think in some cases we just come wired kinky. I've been fascinated by power dynamics and pain and psychology since I can remember. I didn't get into it in a formal sense until I was in my forties, but it was answering deep drives within me. I think in some cases people are sandboxing power dynamics and traumas in the society if not in themselves and reenacting them in a kind of sacred drama. But I have no idea where my kink for sharp and shiny things comes from. All I know was the first time I saw someone use a knife in a scene, I.... had to go change clothes.

• KosmosKitten
    Related questions:

i figure i got my own issues and im at the point i don't care to explain them so much. so i figure other folks are the same way. if they wanted me to know why they are the way they are about certain things they'd just tell me.

i mostly people watch at Walmart. i actually feel really bad for the deformed and mangled people who can't go shopping at 3am anymore due to the reduced hours

Hmm, ours has been closing at 11pm ever since I moved here. It was a bit strange getting used to, since I got used to 24 hour locations. The best time to shop there (if you need to for whatever reason) is usually at 11pm to 2am. After that at 24 hour locations, you run into a lot of drunk people coming there after the bars shut down.

Now, I guess that's not as big an issue because the bars also close at the same time the Wal-Mart does (11pm). I also notice that the more mentally unwell people in the town like to shop later at night (which is totally understandable). I feel bad for them, too. Many don't do well in large crowds or with loud noises, so the 1-3am slot was perfect for them. :(
  • iMago
    Related questions:

Hmm, ours has been closing at 11pm ever since I moved here. It was a bit strange getting used to, since I got used to 24 hour locations. The best time to shop there (if you need to for whatever reason) is usually at 11pm to 2am. After that at 24 hour locations, you run into a lot of drunk people coming there after the bars shut down.

Now, I guess that's not as big an issue because the bars also close at the same time the Wal-Mart does (11pm). I also notice that the more mentally unwell people in the town like to shop later at night (which is totally understandable). I feel bad for them, too. Many don't do well in large crowds or with loud noises, so the 1-3am slot was perfect for them. :(

yeah its a convergence of crazies out there the last few months
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Related questions:

😂 at the word choices here.

Also, I'm the type of partner who will slowly - week over week and year over year - lovingly and gently pick at your brain and tease apart your psyche.

I love to get insights as to why one does the things one does or are into the things they're into. I mean if we've gotten to the point of sharing bodily fluids - which I don't take lightly or casually - what barriers are necessary?

I want access to your heart 🥺, mind 😵, and soul 😇 not just your body...even if it is adorned with cufflinks just as I requested 😏
  • iMago
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Related questions:

Also, I'm the type of partner who will slowly - week over week and year over year - lovingly and gently pick at your brain and tease apart your psyche.

I love to get insights as to why one does the things one does or are into the things they're into. I mean if we've gotten to the point of sharing bodily fluids - which I don't take lightly or casually - what barriers are necessary?

I want access to your heart 🥺, mind 😵, and soul 😇 not just your body...even if it is adorned with cufflinks just as I requested 😏

i think ive confounded a few people in my time
  • KosmosKitten
    Related questions:

I do this; it has driven people away. Just sayin'. Didn't matter how subtly or gently I attempted it, still drove them off. Some people just do NOT want to reveal anything about themselves.. almost like they're afraid I'll find out they're a serial killer or something. :grimace:
  • KosmosKitten
    Related questions:

Past tense; you're still doing it. :lol:
  • iMago
    Related questions:

Past tense; you're still doing it. :lol:

oh no i certainly dont want that
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member

Seems like a good response. Do you think it would change your interaction with them knowing that they had a particular fetish (again, not harmful to anyone and not illegal) but weren't telling you (for whatever reason)?

Definitely not. In the specific example of my marriage, we have a lot of our own time, our own things. She makes fabric things for her Etsy shop, I make sawdust. She's allowed to have whatever separate from me that she needs.
  • KosmosKitten
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »

Seems like a good response. Do you think it would change your interaction with them knowing that they had a particular fetish (again, not harmful to anyone and not illegal) but weren't telling you (for whatever reason)?

Definitely not. In the specific example of my marriage, we have a lot of our own time, our own things. She makes fabric things for her Etsy shop, I make sawdust. She's allowed to have whatever separate from me that she needs.

That's a great way to look at it; hadn't considered it in that light before. :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Guys/gals: What would you do if you found out your long term partner ended up having an unusual kink/fetish? Nothing illegal or harmful to others, just... out of the ordinary. How do you respond? Let's assume that they developed this fetish throughout the course of your relationship (they didn't come into the relationship knowing they were already into this particular thing).
    • How do you respond?
    • Is it a deal breaker?
    • Do you attempt to engage to see if maybe you'll enjoy it, too or at least not mind it?
    • If the above is no, it's not enjoyable... do you end your relationship with this person?

Saw a Reddit thread earlier today that gave me pause and it seemed like an interesting question for y'all.

I'm not sure how to respond to this....

other than to ask "are you barefoot right now?"
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Guys/gals: What would you do if you found out your long term partner ended up having an unusual kink/fetish? Nothing illegal or harmful to others, just... out of the ordinary. How do you respond? Let's assume that they developed this fetish throughout the course of your relationship (they didn't come into the relationship knowing they were already into this particular thing).
    • How do you respond?
    • Is it a deal breaker?
    • Do you attempt to engage to see if maybe you'll enjoy it, too or at least not mind it?
    • If the above is no, it's not enjoyable... do you end your relationship with this person?

Saw a Reddit thread earlier today that gave me pause and it seemed like an interesting question for y'all.

If it's not enjoyable for me and he really wants and needs that fetish.. then yeah, I'd end it, it would be unfair to both of us otherwise.
    But Id try most things once, so within reason I'd give it a go
  • KosmosKitten
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    • How do you respond?
    • Is it a deal breaker?

I'm not sure how to respond to this....

other than to ask "are you barefoot right now?"

Yep. ;) Nice try.
  • KosmosKitten
    • How do you respond?
    • Is it a deal breaker?

If it's not enjoyable for me and he really wants and needs that fetish.. then yeah, I'd end it, it would be unfair to both of us otherwise.
    But Id try most things once, so within reason I'd give it a go

How does a person know if they need a particular kink or fetish vs. wanting it? I have quite a few and while I'd really like to engage in all of them 100% of the time, none of them are essential for living. I can still engage in a really good time without them, although if any particular kink/fetish came up, it would probably qualify as a phenomenal time.

I guess I'm asking: where is the line between compromising your wants and desires in this regard vs. an actual need that keeps a person from enjoying life with a person? In my experience, no person I've been with who had kinks actually *needed* them for the relationship to continue. They were just a bonus. Some were more extreme interests, too.

I do agree with you, though. Just curious and picking the collective brains of Chit-Chat because it fascinates me. :)