What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Monday morning - ending November the way I began it: a boomin' Team Body Project session:
    Today was another round of "Resistance Cardio HIIT" followed by Real Start "Cardio Core".

Who's excited for December movement??
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    8829 rowing machine meters, usual format; focus on posture, firm core, proper layback. One of the four 2k pieces was rowed feet-out, which went suprisingly well. (The first time I ever rowed feet-out in a double, I fell over backwards into the lap of the collegiate rower sitting bow. Fortunately, she took it well, despite her surprise. 😆)
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I did a lighter full body workout!!! Had to cut it short but was glad to do SOME lifting for the first time in about a month!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    HIIT Circuit

1K Row
    Stair Circuit (every/other/left/right/hop)
    Down and Back (50 meters)
    High Knees
    Butt Kickers
    Laterals
    50# Dbell Carry
    Build up Sprints
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    Tire Flip (50 meters down & back)
    Jog down & back
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    Tire Drag (50 meters down & back)
    Jog down & back
    Stair Circuit
    Box Jumps
    Tire Flip
    Jog
    Tire Drag
    Lateral Jumps
    80# Dbell Carry
    Jog
    Stair Circuit
    50 Criss Cross Jump Rope
    Jog
    10 Burpees
    50 1/2 Jack's
    10 mins elliptical
  • AnnPT77
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Monday morning - ending November the way I began it: a boomin' Team Body Project session:
    Today was another round of "Resistance Cardio HIIT" followed by Real Start "Cardio Core".

@mytyglotz, your enthusiasm for your exercise is infectious (in a good way)! 😊
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Happy December, y'all!

Today:

* 3 mile run
    * 3 one-minute forearm planks
    * 20 dumbbell arm curls, 5 pounds

Hopefully I'll stick to these three things most every day this month.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2020
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    mytyglotz wrote: »

@mytyglotz, your enthusiasm for your exercise is infectious (in a good way)! 😊

Yeah, I second that! I wish I was more excited about exercise!

Did another 8 X 500m row today w/ 3 minute rests. Last week, I did the same row but I crashed and burned on the first rep. Averaged 2:02.6 last week overall. So I wanted to do it again with better pacing. Ended up doing a 2:00.5 average. Certainly not great but big improvement from last week. I used to do these around 1:49 pace, so a lot of work still to do. I'd like to at least get back in the low 1:50s on this workout. Again, really low drag factor (air input into the machine that most think of as resistance) to keep the back feeling good. Instead of working at higher DFs, I'm working on keeping the stroke rate fast. All were 30 and above on this one. For an average height man (and short for a rower), I've never been a terrible high SR rower. Slow relative to my height.

Also did a 1K Warmup and 1K Cooldown.
  • JaredTheGeek
    JaredTheGeek Posts: 26 Member
    I got on my elliptical until my legs were on fire, which did not take long but I have only owned it for three days now and I have made a point to be on it every day even if its just a handful of minutes. I think that being consistent and building the habit is most important for me right now.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I got on my elliptical until my legs were on fire, which did not take long but I have only owned it for three days now and I have made a point to be on it every day even if its just a handful of minutes. I think that being consistent and building the habit is most important for me right now.

Not sure what your goals are, but elliptical was my godsend when my knees gave out. I also JUST read another person's success story of losing 8lbs in one month with just building habits, including elliptical daily! Hope you find this inspiring and keep it up!
  • mytyglotz
    Kickoff to December:
    Yes, onward with Team Body Project :smile:
      (just one session this morning. ...I really wanted to do more. Hopefully my body will make the most of the rest and come back stronger and more energetic for tomorrow.)
    • "Cardio Conditioning 2"

Happy December, y'All!!
  • MikePfirrman
    Wife has decided "we" will walk 3 to 4 miles in the evening a few days a week. I don't mind walking, but it was my hard rowing day today and we have quite the hills in my neighborhood. One rises up around 500 ft to 700 ft. and is 1/2 mile long. So add that and my 100 pushups, pressups and leg work today.
  • AnnPT77
    8944m rowing machine, the usual 4 x (2k on 2'off/CD). Decided to pick up the pace a little on the pieces, still steady state, but not quite as easy. Not fast (shooting for sub-2:30 at any rating that felt OK endurance-wise, ended up 23-25), but gratifyingly it turned out that I negative-split the pieces by a small bit, last 2k at 2:24.2.

Turns out that it starts to feel like work when HR hits somewhere around 220-age 😆 (by coincidence), but I can hold that for a while still (most of the last 2k was close to that, or above; I figure that 155 is around 80% of reserve).
  • spirit7125
    spirit7125 Posts: 77 Member
    Ignore the “Monday”. My days are off this week.
    f68mwosmh1t3.png
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    When I get home, 20 minutes on my climber followed by deadlift day!
  • MikePfirrman
    5K on the rower and 20 on the Assault Bike today. Went out a bit too hard on the rower to keep under 70% HR max, so took it really easy on the Assault Bike.
  • mytyglotz
    December 2nd morning date with (you called it) Team Body Project:
    • another round of one of my favorites, "Boxing Resistance"
    • then, in the early afternoon during my break from Zoom instruction,
      Real Start "Intervals"
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Nice exercising today, everyone!

I did not want to do anything today, but...

* 3 mile run
    * 3 one-minute forearm planks
    * 30 dumbbell arm curls 5 pounds
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    I do Sydney Cummings daily. Today was Upper Body Push Sculpt. And I did a 6km hike/power walk.
  • AnnPT77
    Another 8882m C2 rowing machine, the usual format. Back to easy/moderate steady state, holding HR under 70% reserve, which is 10 seconds or a tad more slower than the splits at 80% reserve. Yesterday, mid-2:30s, today, 2:35-2:37ish, 19-23 spm.

Trying to think about maintaining the space between lower ribs and top of pelvic bones all the way through the drive, not a classic focus point, but trying it as a personal posture cue . . . concerned that I'm letting my back get involved in undesirable ways, vs. the whole swing being from the hip joint. Don't wanna gronk my back. 😉
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    20 min's elliptical
    80 Push-ups
    15 KBell Swing
    40 Hanging Leg Raises / Banded Crunches
    15 Dbell Snatch

12/9/6
    Bench
    Rope Squats
    High Pulley Cable X Over
    Mule Kicks
    Skull Crushers
    Leg Press
    Chest Press
    Calf Raises 3 x 20
    Kickback's
    Dbell Stiff leg Deadlift
    Low Pulley Cable X Over
    Goblet Squats

Nifty 50 Abs
    Rower/Supine Bike/ Mtn Climbers/ Crunches/ Situps l Flutter Kicks/ Knee Tucks/ Hip Lifts