Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday

- Take meds ✖️ Forgot again, need to put them next to the kettle I think.
    - Walk dog AM ✔️
    - Drink 4+ cups of water✖️ i can't recall having ANY drinks today 🤔
    - Sort through girls clothes ✖️ This neeeeeds doing. The girls room has a built in cupboard and all their clothes that were originally folded are a mess haha there's far too many as well so need to cut down and drop off spares to charity.
    - Walk dog PM ✔️ need to find a longer route, he's still pestering me lol
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you for your kind message, sending hugs your way and hoping for the best for your family members and friends.

@snowflake1968 thank you for your good wishes. Thinking of you, the people you work with and the residents - it must be a very difficult time for all concerned.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thu 3 Dec

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg ⬇️
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.7kg lost in 7 last days

Goodnight, wishing you all the best
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 have you tried a straw for your water? I wondered if a bendy straw would go under your mask?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Novella84 wrote: »
    Goal is to stay on track today I’m not motivated to exercise today and want to eat anything in sight..so far I’m on track with eating but the day is not over 🙄 ...positive vibes please

Come on you can do it! Just do it for today!

Don't doubt yourself!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Love the plants in your space and your sparkling rower! Hopefully it helps with inspiration. Hang in there!! I keep hoping the COVID will resolve in what seems like a more doable timeline!

100 burpers is intense!! Yikes! I assume those are spread out over the day? I would collapse! A more reasonable amount is perfect.

My friend who issued the challenge is doing them in sets of 10 or 20. He has a full-on Crossfit gym in his garage, so he is not in the sort of no-gym-no-pool slump that I am. A lot of our mutual friends are current or former professional dancers (tiny, short and fit) so 100 burpees is doable for them. I probably could have done 100 in a day at the height of my fitness...maybe not every day though! Right now I am telling myself that 10 is a good start and that it is harder because I am really tall and built like a linebacker. :)
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday

- Walk dog AM ✔️
    - Sort through girls clothes ✖️ This neeeeeds doing. The girls room has a built in cupboard and all their clothes that were originally folded are a mess haha there's far too many as well so need to cut down and drop off spares to charity.

Have you tried setting an alarm on your phone/watch/fitness tracker as a reminder? I had to do that when I first started taking injections because I was not used to having to deal with medications at the hour when those are supposed to happen. Now I am trained, but it took a while. :)

I would never get all of my medications right if I did not set them out a week at a time. I have a little round pill organizer like the one below for the few small pills that I take at night...I set that up on the weekend for seven days. I take more/bigger pills in the morning, so I have seven glass custard cups for those...I just organize a week at a time and then stack them up on the table where I eat breakfast.

j5sfmudnbs4y.png
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Fri 4 Dec

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Thursday
    No beer✅
    No M&Ms❌But stopped after just one handful (baby steps .. or maybe it was because they were the Christmas green and red ones and not peanut butter?)

Zwift✅
    Pull ups✅
    Push-ups❌
    Log all food✅
    Stay green❌ It was the breads fault. I went crazy on it

Friday goals

Log all food
    Either candy or beer but not both

• violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thurs:
    Log all meals :)
    Stretch and Staff :)
    Lift :)
    Run :)
    Index cards Started :'(
    Private Lesson :)
    Review Susanna's next posture - Changed this to Christmas shopping and did that!! :smile:

Fri:
    Make bread
    Log all meals
    Lift
    Box
    Index cards... today!
    Fold laundry
    Call Selden

Trying to get mentally ready for the weekend!! That is the hardest part of the week for me... probably most of us!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Log food
    avoid the mindless munchies (see goal 1 for today)
    8000 steps
    brush before bed
    Fit Christmas day3 - at least 5 sets throughout the day
  • Bex953172
    Options
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Thursday
    No beer✅
    No M&Ms❌But stopped after just one handful (baby steps .. or maybe it was because they were the Christmas green and red ones and not peanut butter?)

Substandard M&Ms haha 😂😂
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    THURSDAY:

1. eat breakfast :)
    2. 8+ cups water :) 10
    3. two 15-minute mini-workouts during breaks or after work (current WOD is 5 minutes dance warmup, ten situps, two minutes rowing, 5 burpees) :)
    4. start tracking exercise :)
    5. walk outdoors if time/weather permits :)
    6. figure out if Fitbit is working or needs to be replaced :) eh...it is sort of working, but I think I need to sync every day
    7. attend virtual concert at 7:30 and dance around a bit :)

FRIDAY:
    1. eat breakfast
    2. 8+ cups water
    3. two 15-minute mini-workouts during breaks or after work (current WOD is 5 minutes dance warmup, ten situps, two minutes rowing, 5 burpees)
    4. track exercise
    5. minimum 5000 steps
    6. walk outdoors if time/weather permits
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Recap R 12/3
    1) Walked dog 4.1 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly :) 12/14 & 15k
    3) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water :) close enough -33 & 14c
    4) Work at home: 2:00 webinar (pace) / ANJH / keep up w/ emails / email daily update to manager = 4/4
    5) Read Luke chapter 3 & Advent booklet / log monthly measurements on MFP (forgot end of month) / meal plan & grocery list / prep Christmas card to Oz / update perpetual calendar / declutter 15 min. = 4.5/6 plus sent family email, then sister called & we talked 1.5 hours! <3:smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:30 alarm (walk dog before work) = 5/5

JFT F 12/4
    1) Walked dog 3.69 mi before work B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work at home: noon Facebook Live / ANJH / keep up w/ emails / submit weekly PAR & PRO sheets / update Project Status s/s / email daily update to manager / to-do list for M in office / save stuff to flash drive
    5) Read Luke chapter 4 & Advent booklet / prep Christmas card to Oz / prep pledge donation / Post Office / grocery shop / wash towels / declutter 15 min? / other chores?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / no alarm Sat. (pick up birdseed order at Wildlife Sanctuary)

SIL (married to my youngest brother) tested positive and says in hindsight she didn't recognize early symptoms as possibly COVID. She mostly had a mild case. Now rest of her family is quarantining. So glad my parents (in their 80s) did not visit on Thanksgiving Day as invited. Hard, but necessary decision. I already know I won't be seeing any of my or hubby's families for upcoming holidays. That's the choice hubby and I have made to keep ourselves and others we care about safe and healthy.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19) 10.31.20 159.0#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20 / forgot 10.31.20 measurements but happy w/ w-i 159.0 finally below 160 / 12.3.20 (forgot 11.30.20 M after Thanksgiving & long weekend)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16 / Turkey Trot Home Edition 2 miles w/ dog 36:34 on Thanksgiving Day 11.26.20
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house Oct/Nov / basement newspapers Nov
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • ZizzyBumble
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Fri 4 Dec

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊

I know these daily goals work but it’s tedious for me and must be boring for you! Moreover, I can’t see what I can change when I get to my goal weight if I plan to stay there! Mind you, I can predict I won’t meet some of them over the Christmas and new year celebrations. Apparently the average person consumes 6-7 thousand calories on Christmas Day and it takes until Easter to loose the weight then there’s the Easter chocolate to loose ready for summer! Good job I’m not too keen on chocolate!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Fri 4 Dec

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊

I know these daily goals work but it’s tedious for me and must be boring for you! Moreover, I can’t see what I can change when I get to my goal weight if I plan to stay there! Mind you, I can predict I won’t meet some of them over the Christmas and new year celebrations. Apparently the average person consumes 6-7 thousand calories on Christmas Day and it takes until Easter to loose the weight then there’s the Easter chocolate to loose ready for summer! Good job I’m not too keen on chocolate!

Then after Easter it's Halloween 😂 the holidays are designed to keep us fat. I'm sure of it 😉
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🌟🎄
    🎄DECEMBER 🎄
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      December Daily Goals: Week 1
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅
      Sat: Sun: Mon:

Weight < 150: ✅ (revised from 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7 30.9:
      Calories in the green ✅
      Steps > 7500 ✅
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
      🎄Meditation ✅
      🎄Exercise ✅ 🌟 Circuits ✅
      🎄Daily Yoga/tai chi practice ✅
      🎄country walk ✅
      🎄Work on Xmas cards list ✅
      🎄Laundry ✅
      🎄Daily Chores ✅
      🎄grocery shopping ✅
      🎄Puzzles ✅
      🎄Watch TV ✅ 🎄Read ✅

WOW! 33 posts!
      @azulvioleta6 Welcome back. Love your workout station

Terri 🦄

• TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
      Options
      @ZizzyBumble That’s why we have to develop better eating strategies for celebrations. We can still indulge, but on a greatly reduced scale.

Last December I managed to keep my weight gain to a couple of lbs, and it was gone in a couple of weeks.
    • Bex953172
      Options
      Bex953172 wrote: »
      JFT Thursday

- Walk dog AM ✔️

Have you tried setting an alarm on your phone/watch/fitness tracker as a reminder? I had to do that when I first started taking injections because I was not used to having to deal with medications at the hour when those are supposed to happen. Now I am trained, but it took a while. :)

I would never get all of my medications right if I did not set them out a week at a time. I have a little round pill organizer like the one below for the few small pills that I take at night...I set that up on the weekend for seven days. I take more/bigger pills in the morning, so I have seven glass custard cups for those...I just organize a week at a time and then stack them up on the table where I eat breakfast.

j5sfmudnbs4y.png

I have tried alarms but if I'm busy at the time I snooze it and then forget again.
      It's only 2 tablets I need to take, its ridiculous.
      I was doing okay taking them but being out of the house for 8 weeks they've just got constantly misplaced.
      I do like that pill dispenser though! I might get it and just put it near the kettle. I normally make a cup of tea in the morning and I have to take my tabs before breakfast and caffeine.

I had to get blood thinning injections after Casey was born, I don't know how you manage it because I couldn't physically inject myself, I just burst into tears when I got close and then I asked my partner and he passed out lol! Disaster.

Thanks for your help :)