Options

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    This supports what we were all thinking, that it was in the US far before the first "documented" case..

The virus that causes COVID-19 may have been in the US as early as mid-December 2019, a month before the first confirmed case, based on antibodies found in donated blood. Widespread community transmission likely did not occur until February 2020.

https://bit.ly/36k3gzI.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Interesting and sadly, I am not near the beginning of the line. Hopefully I will be vaccinated before going on vacation in September 2021 :'(
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Interesting I'm 64 with no health issues. Using this I'm behind 269M people. When i turn 65 in 4 months I jump up to behind 119M people.

Seems like nice party gsme but probably not reflective of really at least in my case
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    Options

That’s a cool calculator, but given that doctors are still arguing about whether moderate asthma is a higher risk factor or not, I can’t tell whether I fall into “people with risk factors” in the middle or “others” at the very end of the line.

I know that the changing advice is because we keep learning more and it’s not actually a plot to drive me bonkers, but sometimes it feels like it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I know there were a few people here who tested positive and there may be more. Thought I'd share this. Free care kit for anyone who tested positive. Includes diffuser and essential oils.

mvexejqrynmn.png
    https://amet.bio/bb-19/index_en.asp?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

That’s a cool calculator, but given that doctors are still arguing about whether moderate asthma is a higher risk factor or not, I can’t tell whether I fall into “people with risk factors” in the middle or “others” at the very end of the line.

I know that the changing advice is because we keep learning more and it’s not actually a plot to drive me bonkers, but sometimes it feels like it.

Same for me as a type 1 diabetic. I believe I'm at higher risk, but who actually gets to make that decision?! Doctors disagree... but to be fair, I've met a lot of doctors who don't understand the differences and that lack of understanding will lead many to conclude that type 1's are not at an increased risk.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Interesting... I'm behind 23 million across the USA.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I know there were a few people here who tested positive and there may be more. Thought I'd share this. Free care kit for anyone who tested positive. Includes diffuser and essential oils.

mvexejqrynmn.png
    https://amet.bio/bb-19/index_en.asp?

Why did someone flag this?? This isn't spam it is a legit website. We even share it with our patients who test positive in case they want to claim a free diffuser.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2020
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »

In the graphic of 100 people, I was 5th from last. The only aspect I was curious about is why "young adults" and "children" came earlier than a 59 year old given all the information about the young typically having a much less dangerous response to the virus.

I don't think it will be approved for children until after it is already dispersed for adults. It hasn't yet been approved for children, they are just starting gathering data and formal testing with children now is what I read.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

As a type 2 diabetic I’m tier 2, behind health care workers, nursing homes, and first responders, with 23 million in front of me. My husband with asthma is either in the same tier or nearly last, depending on whether asthma and sharing a household with a high risk person are considered risk factors.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

As a type 2 diabetic I’m tier 2, behind health care workers, nursing homes, and first responders, with 23 million in front of me. My husband with asthma is either in the same tier or nearly last, depending on whether asthma and sharing a household with a high risk person are considered risk factors.

My wife and I are both in the last S, with around 8 people behind us out of 100. So I guess we're going to be a LONG time before we see a vaccine.

Actually, I redid it. LOL, I was dead last person in line out of 100 in AZ based on being 56 years old, no preexisting conditions and a non-essential worker. Pinal, County AZ. It looks like it's not the same result every time. I'm from 8 from the end to the end.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    well my guess on the vaccine is that after the initial few weeks and when both (or if) both are approved for use that it will be impossible to "queue" folks. Medical, first responders, nursing home folks etc will all go first and then most likely production will be ramping quickly so that it will become more available. My suspicion is that eventually I will get it either at work or at the grocery store similar to where I got / get the flu shot sometime in Mar or April.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

In the graphic of 100 people, I was 5th from last. The only aspect I was curious about is why "young adults" and "children" came earlier than a 59 year old given all the information about the young typically having a much less dangerous response to the virus.

I'm 50, and was 8th from the end, which I suspect is about county vs any difference between 59 and 50.

I can see the explanation for the kids, maybe -- one of the most important things is getting them back to school and preventing spread related to that, even if they themselves are unlikely to get sick (or seriously so). Don't get the young adults all being ahead given the risk factors. Eh, shrug, Gen X just doesn't matter once again! ;-)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I'm 50, and was 8th from the end, which I suspect is about county vs any difference between 59 and 50.

I can see the explanation for the kids, maybe -- one of the most important things is getting them back to school and preventing spread related to that, even if they themselves are unlikely to get sick (or seriously so). Don't get the young adults all being ahead given the risk factors. Eh, shrug, Gen X just doesn't matter once again! ;-)

My wife and I are Baby Boomers and we don't either! I'm not gonna complain, seriously. Neither of us has any preexisting conditions and neither are on meds and have great BP numbers, so things could be worse. Plus, we're in our little bubble in AZ.