December 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    @quilteryoyo I always find it scary when I'm mentally prepared for something and then something out of my control changes my plans, so yes, totally get it. However, you're in the best of hands, you can get it sorted as soon as possible rather than being stuck in 'limbo' so to speak waiting to know what's going to happen, and they are bound to be taking very extreme precautions. In some ways, I think in those situations we're safer now than in a 'normal¡ year. Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @quilteryoyo that sounds like good news, and I'm glad you'll hopefully be able to get this taken care of and begin your recovery.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @quilteryoyo You’ll be in my thoughts as you go for your procedure next week.

@mbaker566 I’m glad the car didn’t hit you! So many drivers just don’t pay attention.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,067 Member
    04/12 2.68 miles

2.68 of 30 miles
    Its turned cold here too. Snow showers yesterday and strong winds today.
    @Avidkeo - The cakes look delicious, I don't have a sweet too but bought some french fancies to have last night.
    @quilteryoyo - Getting a date makes it real and daunting but you will come through fine!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @quilteryoyo I was off a day and posted right when you did so I missed your news that you had seen the doctor. Sending all the good vibes to you as you prepare for the surgery and recovery. I'm sure after the delay the suddenness of it is unsettling but you've done a great job of preparing yourself physically and it will be a relief to have it done. You've got this!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Nice picture @HonuNui . Sorry you had to do a treadmill run instead of snorkeling.

Thanks everyone! You're support means a lot! The nurse yesterday said I probably should just walk, no running, until the surgery. So, my total running mileage for December is 2.5 miles! :lol: I do hope to get in 10,000 steps until Wednesday. Then, we'll see. I'm sure I won't be doing much for the first couple of weeks.

that makes sense. they probably want to minimize the physical stress to be safe. and we want you to be safe.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    12-1 rest + yoga
    12-2 7k treadmill + resistance bands
    12-3 7k treadmill + yoga
    12-4 7k slow + resistance bands

December Total: 21k
    December Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k
    October Total: 189k
    November Total: 180k

2020 Total through November: 1953k

LIVE countdown to 2020k in 2020: 46k remaining

Sunny, upper 30s F, with a light breeze from the south. Heard one robin (sounded angry) and saw where the deer had been digging for acorns under the pin oaks.

@quilteryoyo Glad they're getting it done. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Morning!

Millions of posts behind!

Update: My brother's wife got covid! So indy is OFF!

Not over, just postponed. So @polskagirl01 when you said something like, "maybe consider this a sign of xyz," Yeah. I can overcome a lot of things. I even enjoy "wrassling," a lot of things just to see ( @Tramboman ) because I usually do come out on top (this is the result of time and effort and prayer and belief). However, Covid, I will not step up to. Hell. No.

So where does that leave us?

Well. It leaves me with the gift of time to keep going and getting stronger. There are a lot of races and options where I can still see my brother later and I can do a 50 miler at home self-supported if I choose to, for NYE.

I already had the shirts made for Indy, but if i do the Gnaw Bone in May, or if I do the Indiana Trail 100 in October, the shirts will still be good. Right?

As for the fuel I bought - I was going to use it either way - I run A LOT of miles.

As for the shoes - same. I was going to use them anyway/ already have been.

It's not a loss. It's just a delay.

My brother actually messaged yesterday while I was with my daughter at the neurologist and asked, "So what do you want to do?" And I said, "Ummmmmm I want you to take care of you and your wife. Health is priority 1."

So that's the update. I plan to keep training the same. There are still lots of opportunities to run, even if it doesn't turn out like we thought.

Honestly while I’m concerned for your bro and his wife, and sorry you had to be disappointed right now, I’m relieved you won’t be running unfamiliar terrain in Indiana at the end of December. It can get bitter up there! Maybe you will be able to do it a little later when the weather is at its best.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    @quilteryoyo . Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Although it may be a bit scary, the hospital will be overly cautious and protective of your health BECAUSE of COVID. The surgery will be in your rearview mirror next Thursday (12/10). Then it will be all about healing.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Finally I got to European Pastor Vincent medals after a delay for the customs charges. @Camaramandy648 do you have the addresses of my European friends to forward them on? @polskagirl01 @eleanorhawkins all the EU medals were sent to me to save the cost of multiple trans-atlantic shipments and I will forward these on to you.

You will always be part of us @PastorVincent ❤️

This is great news! Thank you for sending them our way.