Lose 5 Pounds a Month September 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Hope all is well. I am down 2 pounds, Weigh in today at 186. Now gotta keep it going, time passes so quickly. Hope all is doing well. ttyl
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1 Sept: 112
    8 Sept: 110
    15 Sept:
    22 Sept:
    29 Sept:

I BROKE MY PLATEAU!!!!!!

Yay! That's SUCH a great feeling!

I love your goal of "just being overweight." That is so my goal! My actual goal weight would still put me in the overweight catagory but I don't care. I loved my body at that weight and I certainly didn't look overweight.

There are a lot of people that look extremely thin and are still considered "overweight". I'm not one of them, but I sure wish I was! Lol! You're just so stinkin' cute though, you already look great! Everything else is just icing on the cake... or should I say light cream cheese on the whole wheat English Muffin? Lol! I'm a dork, sorry!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Still so busy at work that I'm coming in early, not taking my lunch, and staying late to finish things up! Crazy but do love my job. I'm wondering if the super busyness and not taking time to eat is the real reason I am losing weight. I really don't want to be unhealthy so I am making myself a "Out to Lunch" sign today first thing after I log off MFP! Next week I will bring in my running clothes and start up my lunch time jog routine again.

9/2: 149 (finally out of the 50's! Again!!)
    9/9/:147.5 :love:

Hope everyone is doing well and that your scale is being nice to you this week. :flowerforyou:
    Drink water! hehe
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well, the days are going by and the scale is not budging from 148/149... not a good sign if my goal is to get to 143 before month end.

I've been running ~5k every second day, but not doing much on the day in between, so maybe I need to work on that.

Also, after a successful August, maybe I've been letting a few too many extra 'bites' here and there sneak in to my diet. I've been hungry / snacky, so I really need to watch myself. I guess I need to recognize that this could be hormonal, and I just need to get through it, and food will be easier again soon.

However, I'm very happy to be fighting the magic elastic that usually zings me back to 155, once I get close to 150!!

5k every second day! Way to go girlie that is awesome. I find for myself that when I run a lot I need to eat a ton more healthy food. Maybe your weight loss is slowing down because of lack of calories? Once I changed from 1200 per day to 1500 per day I started losing again. Just a thought. :flowerforyou:
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    9/2/2011 ~ 193.6

I gained 9 lbs this last weekend & spent ALL WEEK trying to get it back off. I say this to remind myself of how completely un-worth it the cookie (and other stuff) binge was.

9/9/2011~ 192.4
    9/16/2011~
    9/23/2011~
    9/30/2011~

All I can say is , WOW, you did really well not only to get off the 9lb gain, but then to lose an additional pound. Fantastic!! Yeah perhaps the binge wasn't worth it - but you came back so well and maybe next time you won't binge quite so much. I had the exact same last weekend, too much wine - lose willpower - got munchies - ate cookies and popcorn!!! But I then did 30 mile bike ride next day and JUST ABOUT burnt off all the calories I'd eaten. Made me see the fact that it wasn't worth it too!

You're on target...keep goin :)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sept 1: 215.2 Sept 9: 215.2

I am actually very happy with my numbers because I was expecting to have gained 2 pounds. I was definately off the wagon on the holiday weekend plus a birthday party. I had planned to do really well during the week to make up for it so I could still lose a little, but we ended up eating out pretty much all week since our kitchen was torn apart for new countertops. The only reason I didn't gain was that I usually stayed on track for breakfast and lunch and only went over at dinner. The holiday is over and kitchen is back in working order, so no excuses for the rest of them month and I still have no doubt whatsoever that I will lose 5 lbs. Congratulations to all of you who managed to avoid my pitfalls..........:drinker:
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    9/2/2011 ~ 193.6

I gained 9 lbs this last weekend & spent ALL WEEK trying to get it back off. I say this to remind myself of how completely un-worth it the cookie (and other stuff) binge was.

9/9/2011~ 192.4
    9/16/2011~
    9/23/2011~
    9/30/2011~

All I can say is , WOW, you did really well not only to get off the 9lb gain, but then to lose an additional pound. Fantastic!! Yeah perhaps the binge wasn't worth it - but you came back so well and maybe next time you won't binge quite so much. I had the exact same last weekend, too much wine - lose willpower - got munchies - ate cookies and popcorn!!! But I then did 30 mile bike ride next day and JUST ABOUT burnt off all the calories I'd eaten. Made me see the fact that it wasn't worth it too!

You're on target...keep goin :)

I did get it off, and I'm so happy about that, but sheesh! I can't help but think about where I might have been without the mess-up! This is a new week, though! I'll be good this weekend!

And yeah, there's nothing like exercise to make you feel exactly how much you went over. Every time I'm working out to cover extra calories, I'm noticing how not worth it, it really was :) I'm hoping the day is coming soon where I consider this information BEFORE I take a bite :)

Edited to say thank you ;-)
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    Sept 1: 215.2 Sept 9: 215.2

I am actually very happy with my numbers because I was expecting to have gained 2 pounds. I was definately off the wagon on the holiday weekend plus a birthday party. I had planned to do really well during the week to make up for it so I could still lose a little, but we ended up eating out pretty much all week since our kitchen was torn apart for new countertops. The only reason I didn't gain was that I usually stayed on track for breakfast and lunch and only went over at dinner. The holiday is over and kitchen is back in working order, so no excuses for the rest of them month and I still have no doubt whatsoever that I will lose 5 lbs. Congratulations to all of you who managed to avoid my pitfalls..........:drinker:

Yay! Maintaining while eating out all week is awesome! I think the sodium does me in, because when I eat out, even staying on track calorie wise, I'm still up the next day. Maybe you'll see a bigger loss next week because some of the sodium leaves your system? Just a thought!
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am not doing so well. I gained 5 lbs the first week. I think TOM messes my weight up big time. Well now I am down 1.2 lbs so I have gained 3.8lbs since the start of Sept, definitely not the way I wanted to start this challenge.

So I am in the hole I want to lose 8.8 lbs before 9/30/11.
  • azhkrgrl
    azhkrgrl Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Hope you are all having a great week and it not, it is never too late to get on the bandwagon. I am down 2.6 pounds. I will be backpacking this weekend so for both Sat. and Sun. will be MIA but back on MFP on Monday. I still plan on eating clean and getting in enough hiking. Below is my update for this week:
    Sept: 1st = 179.8
    Sept. 9 = 177.2
    Sept 16 =
    Sept 23 =
    Sept 30 =

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work.
    OK, Let's Go......
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    9/1/2011: 309
    9/9/2011: 306

So... close... to 299.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think I can do this :) My start weight is 159 so goal would be 154! OMG it has been more then a year since I saw that weight! I cant wait! YAY!
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am not doing so well. I gained 5 lbs the first week. I think TOM messes my weight up big time. Well now I am down 1.2 lbs so I have gained 3.8lbs since the start of Sept, definitely not the way I wanted to start this challenge.

So I am in the hole I want to lose 8.8 lbs before 9/30/11.

"Acuna Matata" as Timon from The Lion King says. Leave the past behind. Today is a new day. Don't think of the what ifs or whys, just get back on.

I will have a busy Saturday with my son's little league opening day and Sunday take my mom to church so most likely will not check in during the weekend. Wish you all a wonderful weekend :tongue:
  • Mkrug221
    Options
    Sept 1st -- 169
    Sept 9th -- 166.5

Hoping to be able to keep going. I seem to keep losing/gaining the same 3lbs. Hopefully this time it will just keep going down.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Feeling good!
    My stomach is less bloated!
    Hooray - go team!!
  • rockchick90
    Options
    ive lost 2.5 this week so I guess im halfway there in the first week! haha
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in there:)

Sept: 1 = 131
    Sept. 9 = 130
    Sept 16 =
    Sept 23 =
    Sept 30 =
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    9/3: 158 lbs

9/10: 156 lbs

9/17:

9/24:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Sep 01: 191.4 lbs
    Sep 09: 192.4 lbs :ohwell:
    Sep 16:
    Sep 23:
    Sep 30:

Its my own fault! I had the BEST carrot cake I've ever had in my life on Thursday. My coworkers & I tried out a new restaurant for lunch and none of us could pass up the dessert! It was well worth the extra pound, but now I gotta get serious again. I'm SO tired of dipping between 187-192 since APRIL! UGH!:angry:

I'm off for a run this morning. Bru's doing a 5K today so I gotta "run with her" to support her! :flowerforyou: After that I gotta go check out CJ's project. He has been changing his 3 car garage to a SIX car garage this week! Well really 3 car/2boat garage! LOL:laugh:

I was watching some of the 9/11 programs on tv last night. Made me cry all over again. So I'm gonna go hug my own policeman today. :heart: Gonna hug my family today too. AND I'm sending virtual hugs to all my MFP'ers too. Love you all :heart:
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    01/09/11 = 179.2
    10/09/11 = 176.8

2.4 pounds down - nearly halfway there - really chuffed :))))

Nice to see so many people in this challenge for September and to see others doing so well too :)