What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Their bookshelf has too many L. Ron Hubbard titles. I'll give you two for educational purposes, but that's it.

Two is a handful too many
  • CacoEther wrote: »
    Their bookshelf has too many L. Ron Hubbard titles. I'll give you two for educational purposes, but that's it.

I only have the cook book and it's actually decent
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »

I don't know what these folks believe in and the top search at Google is excerpted as "At the core of Scientology is a belief that each human has a reactive mind that responds to life's traumas, clouding the analytic mind and keeping us from experiencing reality."

Me: "Oh, so they eat dehydrated food. Mmmk."
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member

He's written at least two science fiction golden age classics. That's two more than most cult leaders. So give the guy a break!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    When they get mad when you're not into what they are into. Example: throwing a huge fit because you don't want to wear a skull face mask but they like it and want me to wear one too and I refuse to 😑
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I don't know what these folks believe in and the top search at Google is excerpted as "At the core of Scientology is a belief that each human has a reactive mind that responds to life's traumas, clouding the analytic mind and keeping us from experiencing reality."

tbf though, at the end of the day, are their beliefs really any stranger than any of the others out there?

besides. Tom Cruise man. he's prob the best working actor alive today.

well. aside from DDL I guess

6nfb07g3i9mg.gif
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    iMago wrote: »

tbf though, at the end of the day, are their beliefs really any stranger than any of the others out there?

6nfb07g3i9mg.gif

i think its a tie between benicio del toro and christian bale for best actor and they are catholic and a satanist respectively so basically they all believe in some higher power and do rituals and what is the difference, idk, i’m no theologian
  • MaltedTea
    edited December 2020

6nfb07g3i9mg.gif

i think its a tie between benicio del toro and christian bale for best actor and they are catholic and a satanist respectively so basically they all believe in some higher power and do rituals and what is the difference, idk, i’m no theologian

Best actor? Vince Vaughn. And while I just found out he's Roman Catholic, it has no bearing on my choice 🤣 It has never occurred to me to look up the religions of celebrities. I have a fun weekend project now.

And, yes, @iMago, we all believe weird stuff. That's a human thing. I hold it against no one.

My interpretation of what is touted to be the core beliefs of Scientology really did make me think of dehydrated food... instantly. See what I did there?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    If she doesn’t have and OnlyFans account.

If she doesn't have what????

That’s where you make people pay for recipes instead of giving them away for free

So if you wanna support my recipes I have a great holiday discount. Do you like feet?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    They are not one of my good friends.
  • CacoEther

He's written at least two science fiction golden age classics. That's two more than most cult leaders. So give the guy a break!

Ok ok he’s not ALL bad
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

Ok ok he’s not ALL bad

he was actually a pretty interesting dude, whether or not you choose to see Scientology as a cult or not. like he helped Jack Parsons (who was also a very interesting dude) with the Babalon Working, a ritual that Parsons thought would bring forth the goddess Babalon to Earth. pretty much all of which was originally inspired by Aleister Crowley.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    5mzm3pyabasr.gif
  • CacoEther

Ok ok he’s not ALL bad

he was actually a pretty interesting dude, whether or not you choose to see Scientology as a cult or not. like he helped Jack Parsons (who was also a very interesting dude) with the Babalon Working, a ritual that Parsons thought would bring forth the goddess Babalon to Earth. pretty much all of which was originally inspired by Aleister Crowley.

Did any of yall ever get into that lonelygirl15 thing like 13 years ago?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Chloroform in his bathroom cabinet

*phew* I'm safe.

I keep mine in the nightstand.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited December 2020
    Nevermind
  • Basically any red flag is
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Pepple who always point out the symbolism in pop culture

Like damn, can we watch a Friends rerun without alluding to the New World Order
  • CacoEther

You must have more insightful friends than i do 🤔
  • MaltedTea

Pop culture, in general? Or Friends, specifically? If the latter, I mean... 🤷🏿‍♀️

That show creeped me out just with the clapping part of the intro theme. Surely, viewers don't have to ALL clap along while simultaneously giggling. If nothing else, that has to be part of a New World Order community initiative.

I'm just saying: stay woke ✊🏿

And good vibes only 😭