Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,580 Member
    Options
    1/2 tbsp of Almond butter on rye toast every morning for me with my coffee.
    Maybe that is why I am seldom hungry all day?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @globalhiker
    They have rental skates at the Ice Den btw ; - )
    I went down to Tuscon to the Bioshpere on one trip, completely interesting.
    So where do you feel like escaping to? Just a change of scenery?

@Lilylady3k
    I have only transferred through the Houston airport, I have never spent any significant time there...yet. I do want to go to Corpus Christi, and Galveston looks beautiful.
    Last year I went to Dallas for 2 weeks and skated every day, I tried 8 different rinks. So great. Canadian rinks were not yet open for the season at that time! How great to skate in the morning and read a book by the pool in 95 degree weather every afternoon! I love the Tex-Mex food so much too.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    New home for the thread, but the same goals for me, 16-20 AF days per month.

Wednesday December 16 - AF
    Thursday December 17 - AF - Felt like drinks, but wanted to get my 2AF in a row.
    Friday December 18 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow.

Rolling total: 13AF days out of 18 days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @Tygirl2016 that is great and now you are just about past day 6! Woo-hoo!

5 AF days left for me. 22 AF day streak done, weeks 2 and 3 super easy. But today my wine devil started messing with me midday. I would love, love, love 3 drinks today. And I deserve it because it's been more than 20 days AF and that is enough. That's what he's telling me. UGH!

I did everything right - ate properly, lots of protein, well hydrated, slept well, took a bath, nobody giving me a hard time,etc.

I hate wine devil visits that pop up out of nowhere! I'll get up now and go make a passionflower tea or two. Maybe I will chill it and have herbal iced tea all afternoon.

@dawnbgethealthy I would love to escape to any place that isn't Covidlandia.....guess I need to be patient :)
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Good write up on the increase in drinking due to the pandemic @lilylady3. Woot woot forvthe DH joining in and being supportive when he can.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I recommitted to my weight loss journey on Dec 13th. At the same time, I decided to do a dry January and just start early. So far, so good. I've done a Sprite/OJ/Grenadine mocktail in a fancy glass for the two cravings I've had so far and it was fine. (6oz Sprite, 4oz. OJ, 1 tsp grenadine) Light bulb moment was realizing that the 2 cravings were when I saw people drinking it in a television show. hmmm...

Lynne

Welcome @Tygirl2016.Your mocktails sound delish. Will have to make a few up this week. Here is the linkmto check out our information page. It has a ton of helpful info you can refer back to again and again.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816791/information-page-only-for-less-alcohol-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

Improved sleep is definitely a huge bonus due to cutting back or having some AF days. Glad you are feeling some benefits already with those 6 days so far.
  • MissMay
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Great pic @mainelylisa of the sledding. Are those your neighbors across the street? Your having some strong cravings, but your keeping control really well.
    Gummies or no gummies. Lol πŸ€‘
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - standing with you this evening. I'm AF this evening after a wonderful day sharing lunch with all my kids and their spouses as they exchanged sibling gifts. They all left, the house is quiet again, DH & I went for a walk ... now DH is finishing last night's open wine bottle.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I love the sledding photo!!!

Alcohol sales are up 40% in the province where I live since the beginning of the pandemic.

Super glad to have this supportive place to keep a lid on that.