What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    My boss just asked me to start doing a redundant task so I told him I would but “let’s revisit this in six weeks to see if we really need to do this. It seems inefficient.” Idek who I am anymore 😄
  • TwitchyMagee
    Everyone sleeping? 😢

I’m thinking about how we encourage women to be confident until they’re actually confident and then we resent them. Do better
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited August 2022
    Shallow & possibly unfeminist of me but I’m appreciating the appreciative looks I’m getting in the gym right now.

That’s a sticky one
  • FeastRepeat
    My boss just asked me to start doing a redundant task so I told him I would but “let’s revisit this in six weeks to see if we really need to do this. It seems inefficient.” Idek who I am anymore 😄

I push back all the time on my boss, because she is a woman. Joking!!! She is brilliant and usually right.
  • FeastRepeat
    edited August 2022
    Everyone sleeping? 😢

I’m thinking about how we encourage women to be confident until they’re actually confident and then we resent them. Do better

Who resents them? Men? Other women? Someone resentful, jealous, petty like that might as well wear a name tag of “Hi I’m insecure and broken”
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited August 2022
    Shallow & possibly unfeminist of me but I’m appreciating the appreciative looks I’m getting in the gym right now.

That’s a sticky one

It really is. Context and boundaries are everything

Eta: also let it be noted that I am not the spokesperson for all women
  • TwitchyMagee

I push back all the time on my boss, because she is a woman. Joking!!! She is brilliant and usually right.

😂
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,399 Member
    Everyone sleeping? 😢

So we resent them? I think some are intimidated by a confident person in general be it man or woman but resent?

On a side note isn't resent a weird word....must be confusing for a non English speaker to think why are they re sending women for confidence 🤣
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited August 2022
    Everyone sleeping? 😢

So we resent them? I think some are intimidated by a confident person in general be it man or woman but resent?

On a side note isn't resent a weird word....must be confusing for a non English speaker to think why are they re sending women for confidence 🤣
    Yeah, in my experience resent is accurate. I double checked with Google for the definition. It says a feeling of indignation or bitterness. It’s true that I can’t necessarily assess a persons interior emotions or motives but that seems about right.

Yes it is a weird word

Eta: I think some people make the mistake of thinking that a confident person doesn’t just think well of themselves but rather thinks better of themselves than they do of anyone else. I can think I’m awesome while I also think you are awesome
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,399 Member
    It's beautiful an cook out, the windows are open and everyone is getting their grass cut today
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,735 Member
    edited August 2022
    Just finished a 4 mile walk with a friend. We normally have coffee after, but not today.
    Today we had coffee first... mixing it up.
  • TwitchyMagee
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Just finished a 4 mile walk with a friend. We normally have coffee after, but not today.

Glad you’re incorporating a little variety
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,578 Member
    I was at Sam's buying groceries yesterday and all I kept thinking about was I only have to really make dinner for me now. My oldest is moving out next week. My other younger kids don't eat what I make and I almost cried 😭 It's hitting me hard now that she's leaving.
  • FeastRepeat

Saucy!
  • FeastRepeat
    I was at Sam's buying groceries yesterday and all I kept thinking about was I only have to really make dinner for me now. My oldest is moving out next week. My other younger kids don't eat what I make and I almost cried 😭 It's hitting me hard now that she's leaving.

I feel this too. 🤗
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    I am borderline obsessed with picking enough blackberries for a cobbler.
    cidjhbo9oxrm.jpg I usually have a coffee cup in the car, but not today. Had to improvise...
    And now I need to buy more Tecnu poison ivy scrub...
  • TwitchyMagee
    cidjhbo9oxrm.jpg I usually have a coffee cup in the car, but not today. Had to improvise...

Ouch. I hope it clears up quickly
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022

Oh thank you, but I'm fine. I'm actually not sure I even got into any poison ivy. BUT, I did brush past a lot of viny stuff (we have a lot of Virginia Creeper here - I'm sensitive to that) and some brambles scratched my arms. If you get into poison ivy or oak and use this stuff right after, it's a great preventative measure - like magic fairy dust. It completely washes away the oils that cause the rash and itching. I always make sure to have a tube of it on-hand.
  • TwitchyMagee

Oh thank you, but I'm fine. I'm actually not sure I even got into any poison ivy. BUT, I did brush past a lot of viny stuff (we have a lot of Virginia Creeper here - I'm sensitive to that) and some brambles scratched my arms. If you get into poison ivy or oak and use this stuff right after, it's a great preventative measure - like magic fairy dust. It completely washes away the oils that cause the rash and itching. I always make sure to have a tube of it on-hand.
    This is good information, thank you. I’m going to share it with a friend who is sensitive. And isn’t it funny how Virginia creeper is so often where you find poison ivy?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,216 Member

🤗

Crazy how soon that starts! With work/activities/friends half the time I only have 2 kids at home. Hugs mama, I’m excited for your oldest.💗