WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Our strawberries from about a month ago ...

cp8qcsc5zdq1.png
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Champagne with friend was kind of nice.

I did get the trundle bed all assembled except for the drawers.
    My home is a little more full than previously with the extra shelves, the art stuff and the stationary bike but it's ok.

In face the bedroom/office area is pretty full and the living/dining room area pretty spacious/empty.

Feeling less upbeat today.

I woke early, meditated, had breakfast in bed, fell back asleep...now it's 10ish, grey and rainy outside...

I usually like to at least have a good meal or two for the holidays but I don't have any great ideas for that just yet.

I will appreciate the cleaner apartment.

I might take care of some bills/paperwork..early in the day...and/or assemble the drawers in the sofa- bed.

Very probably go for a walk and get something nice to eat for today and tomorrow.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Katla-trains in the night,a beautiful sound I miss.
    Happy Christmas Eve,beautiful ladies!!🎄🎄
    Debby in Va
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Barbara - I was wrong about the 9 lessons. It's still being broadcast at 3 pm, but it's not live this year. I will miss the coughing and shuffling of the audience! So really you could listen to it any time after 7 am as it's only a recording!
    Just found out this morning. :(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk and did some shopping and checked my haircut appointment time (Monday at 9 am!)

I ordered a roast guinea fowl for 5:30 pm.

And stocked up a bit on fruit and veggie and other bits and bobs, so I won't be hungry nor confined to eat pantry food these 2 days.

got some eggs and GF flour in case I feel like making pancakes tomorrow.
    I haven't made them for ages.

I make a really light egg-y pancake, with about 1/3-1/2 flour, same of soymilke, 1 egg with whites beat separately to get nice and foamy and a bit of leavening. it makes about 2 pancakes that I eat w good texture and flavour soy yogurt, maple syrup and maybe berries. ah I didn't think to buy frozen berries.... maybe later today.

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    fjst837mlg1i.jpeg
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    O, holy night. The stars are brightly shining. ….

Christmas Eve – It’s hard to believe the year is drawing to an end. And, what a strange and winding road we have been on. I am thankful we have stayed in touch and have supported each other throughout this year.

The virtual cocktail class was a blast. It started with an introduction from the partner hosting the event and we moved in to mixing our first drink which was a twist on a traditional daiquiri. The mixologist not only showed us how to mix the drink, he also shared lot of facts about ratios, balancing flavors, the true way to smell aromas and why, why certain drinks should be shaken and not stirred, etc. I wish I had time to take notes or thought to record the session. The tea bags were steeped with the alcohol to imbibe the flavor into the drink. When we finished mixing our drink he left so we could socialize and mingle. We then moved on a twist on a highball, more socialization, and the final drink was a twist on an old fashioned. All were holiday flavored. A good time was had by all and it did push away some of the loneliness I have been feeling. Interested…..
    liquorlab.com

Heather – Sorry about the fresh food challenges. It seems you and Johnny did well with your foraging. 😊 It is sad to think about how much food is going to waste sitting on the border. Love, love, love the pic of your son and grands with the gingerbread house. Hoping the family simply has a head cold versus this darn virus!

Debbie – Very thoughtful gifts to your friends. Isn’t it funny how we end up being better friends with some of our exes? I have been reaching out. I have not tracked down many people from my high school years. I was moved around a lot on the cusp of my teens. When we finally settled I was in the 9th grade. I was much more mature than my peers due to my home life. If I met you outside of school….I may have become friends with you. I wasn’t into all of those clicks and saw them as limiting. I “may” track down our reunion team, 2022 will be 30 years and it would be interesting to see where and how people have fared.

Katla – Thank you. I am certainly looking forward to the gleaning season and researching how I can become more involved versus just picking vegetables. Work is finally giving us a volunteer day so I will also look in to scheduling a day building for Habitat of Humanity.

Bananas – Modest means. I agree. SFL is one of those places where everyone tries to outdo each other. The bigger the façade the better. It makes it a little challenging navigating. Next year it is one of my goals to get more involved with volunteering and build my network through organizations I support and will be able to devote more time to once I am able to retire. I am so happy you are freshening up your abode. I am sure it has done a lot to lift your spirits. Sorry to hear about your friend’s visit and her long trip home.

Katie – So sorry about the split. Crazy question…..did you check the pillowcases?

Christmas Dinner – I am making stuffed chicken breasts (chicken cutlets wrapped around stuffing frozen from Thanksgiving and then wrapped in bacon to keep the breasts moist – they are skinless), green beans sauteed with garlic, and a nice bottle of wine.

Kate – Sending positive thoughts and prayers to your DD and her family.

Sharon – So happy you’re posting. It’s good to hear from you. Family is family – we love them but do not have to be their friends. I had so much co-dependency in my childhood I elect to stay away from it. I am sorry about your DD’s posting habits (she would probably get along with my cousin – lol). 😊

Tina – Sorry about your mood. I completely understand. I am halfway there this year. I think your health issue has put a damper on things. From the quick research I did it appears if amenorrhea can decrease the production of certain hormones which causes other issues. But only happens in a very small percentage of those getting an ablation. I am sure your doctor is being overly cautious and wants to be sure you understand no procedure is without risk.??

RVRita – At least you now know what it is. I wish they would have scanned you sooner! Big hug to you.

Flea – Love the pictures of the lights from your overnight adventure. I chuckled over the 2020 ornament.

Michele – Thank you for the invite. 😊 It’s the same thing I ask people.

Allie – Keep up the good work with PT. A shower is a blessing…..makes one feel human!

Machka – Make a commitment to yourself to use some of your time off to relax. It’s OK, most everything else can wait. Believe me…….I have been doing it for years! I do remember coming off of the scholastic track. It took my body and mind a few months to realize it was not missing a class or a deadline.

Best to all,
    SuziQ – SFL
  • Machka9
    Options
    ufknuke2p7cr.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    https://helpingminds.org.au/christmas/
    Christmas is supposed to be a time of joy, excitement, and love with family or friends
    However, for some Christmas may be met with some apprehension and challenges, particularly for those living with mental health challenges or for those who are supporting a loved one living with mental health challenges.

Amid all the flurry of Christmas, taking time out to remember a few simple ways to protect your wellbeing could make all the difference. So here are 25 tips from HelpingMinds to make this festive season a little more manageable.

d0j0plqaj7e3.png

M in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather
    Please share the recipe for that delicious looking cake.

Love the pic of Bea...I have a feeling she is the spunky one in the family probably like her grandmother.

Carol in GA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take the day off writing today and hope I can persuade DH to do the same (he works on the dining room table, adjoining the kitchen). He still hasn't iced his Christmas cake and I need to make the Panna Cotta. I also haven't wrapped his presents yet, but will do that after lunch.
    Everything stops for 9 Lessons and Carols at 3pm, when the chorister sings his solo in the porch of Kings College Chapel , Cambridge. 'Once in Royal David’s City'. I love the tradition that he is picked to sing at the last minute so none of them know before hand. I always cry. No audience this year, so it might be a bit different.
    I hope some of you will be able to listen. I know Barbara hopes to. It will be on the app, SOUNDS, and it's Radio 4. You'll have to work out the time zone for live listening, but it will be available afterwards as well. I love the words of the King James Bible as well as the carols.
    I think we are Zooming the grandchildren before the end but that's OK. <3 I hope the family will have got their results by then, but it may be a bit later.
    Time to get up and make a cup of tea.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don’t think we can listen to King’s College 9 Lesson and Carols live. It says on my BBC SOUNDS app that it will be available “shortly after” the live presentation is concluded. So I am guessing it will be available perhaps as early as 12 noon EST/9 a.m. PST maybe? I am so looking forward to it!