Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    I made it up to my 3210 day streak
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Auntiebk that is an awesome thought, I’ll take it.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Lisa - Yes, but I think he's a little pessimistic! All those people are still remembered and Gentileschi had an exhibition this year at the National Gallery. She is very influential in feminist history.
    I think it is best to do one's best to contribute one's little portion and leave the rest to history to take care of. I like to think someone will read me when I'm gone. :D
    However, in the great scheme of things we are only stardust. I love that.

So sorry Kim that your brother is still hanging on to cause you trouble. I must say I was wondering if he had been lying about the cancer, but it seems to be progressing now. Mother love never dies, I guess. Big hugs to you. <3

The grandchildren have been taking part in an outdoor challenge to raise money for charity. They have had huge fun, despite the very cold, rainy weather. Today they went on a Beatrix Potter trail through a park.
    Schools in Brighton and Hove are closed, but our three will probably be able to go back tomorrow because their mother is a key worker. Terrible covid figures, so complete lockdown is back on the cards.
    Haven't heard about our jabs yet. Grrrrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ahclay
    ahclay Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    DISAGREE button: I hit mine accidentally all the time. Don't sweat it.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Kim - I'm so sorry you have to watch your Mother suffer so, it must be so difficult.

Julie - that is a radical way of thinking about it. I think we push ourselves much more than we need to.

Machka - I love all of the pictures you post of your scenery.

Viv - I hope you feel better soon.

Lights - Last year I put some fairy lights out in clear glass vases after taking Christmas down as I had seen Penny post about doing it. I thought it was a great idea. This year my husband bought me a beautiful LED candle and I put that one in the window, along with some others to give the room some light. I am part of a crafting FB group and I see some on there are decorating their trees for Valentine's to keep it bright and cheery this year. I also have a cousin who is keeping her beautiful tree up until she gets her vaccine. She said it just brings her so much joy and peace she didn't see the harm in it.

Puzzles - Every winter when I was growing up my Grandmother would have a puzzle out after Christmas. It was set up so that whoever walked by could put a piece or two in. I have done many puzzles in my life, and received three as Christmas presents. Now that the mess of the holidays is cleaned up I will probably start one this week. I also received a puzzle mat for Christmas so we'll see how that goes.

Lisa - I understand your need for Corey to go to work and get back to your regular routine. I would love to be home by myself for a while, but that never happens anymore.

I need to get at my work day, I am not very "into it" today. I wish I had taken more time off.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Heather: I love the photo of your wonderful grandchildren. My daughter-in-law sends photos of our grandson and his new dog regularly. My daughter posts photos of her children on facebook, a place I rarely visit. :ohwell:

Tracey: I hope you’ll find time for rest in the near future. :star:

Judefit 1: Welcome! :smile:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Katla - I am so grateful to my DDIL for keeping us in the loop with the grandchildren . It means a lot at this time. I am thinking of sending them flowers to thank them. I did take brownies over on Friday. :D My son has organised all the Zooms and DH'S quizzes. Without their help we would really be suffering withdrawal. She sends the photos and videos on WhatsApp. I upload them to Dropbox and export them to my tablet, so I have them on my phone and my tablet. Can you ask your daughter to send you photos individually?

Tonight DH has a Zoom with his younger daughter and his sister. I will gatecrash for a while. His sister wants to have it early because she wants to watch Boris talking about new lockdown measures. ;) I am just annoyed it might interrupt my programmes. :p I've already put my face on and dry shampooed my hair.

Delicious prawn dinner. Mediterranean veggies, tomatoes, and brown rice. Very yum.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: You have a good suggestion. I'll contact my daughter later in the day when she is home from work and ask for family photos when possible. I'm not a fan of facebook, but that may be my only option. :ohwell:

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    judefit1 wrote: »
    Hi- I "tripped" over this group and wondered if I can join in? I'm 63, have been and intermittent "MFP" person but never joined in any of the community things. I'm trying to re-motivate myself and It would be great to have somewhere to go to "talk" to people! I love my partner but he and I have been together waaay too much! 😄

:) You have come to the right place. Keep coming back

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Katla - My eldest daughter with the children started a FB Message group called Fam Jam, the only members are her sister, my husband and I. She shares pictures of the kids, tells us of their antics and such. The Grands both have Kids Messenger and they can call us whenever they choose. They always tend to choose my working hours to call me though. LOL
  • pipcd34
    Options
    up4jrodatmdy.jpeg
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    after finishing at 8pm. 40 min transcribing. Then I felt I couldn't do another minute. so I worked on transferring some files and saving my time machine on macbook. Very necessary. This archiving is part of the work; not incredible but still 1h of work in this direction quite late in the day...into the evening. Better to be going in a direction...
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    have had the munchies for starcy food all day. now at 9pm making a big pot of green veggies from frozen (discount organic) to fill me up. I used to to that at one point when I lost fairly well.