WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - if you send me your address, I’ll gather up some things to send you. I believe I have calendars and cards and pictures and all kinds of stuff. You don’t need to reimburse postage, I’ll be happy to see someone use it. It may take me a bit to gather it and get it boxed.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I have loads of work to do putting Christmas decorations away, and DH is sleeping so I can't get that done for now. The conversation here is wonderful. Right now, I'm chilly & I'm marking my spot! <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - if you send me your address, I’ll gather up some things to send you. I believe I have calendars and cards and pictures and all kinds of stuff. You don’t need to reimburse postage, I’ll be happy to see someone use it. It may take me a bit to gather it and get it boxed.

Me too! I was a teacher. Explains why I have stuff.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Sent you a message. Thanks again!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options

Me too! I was a teacher. Explains why I have stuff.

How sweet! Let me send you my addy.💖😁👍
    (I almost sent it saying let me send you my daddy haha!)
    Darn spell check!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Ok made the banana bread.
    I can be relied upon to " do what I say I will do", my husband can be so silly. Yesterday I SWORE I said " I want to make banana bread this weekend. What he said I said was that I would make it today. Aaack!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Other- dust, vacuum, laundry- 1hr 51min 21sec = 513c
    Other- bake 2 batches doggie treats, etc.. est, 3hrs= 300c est

Total cal 813
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    (((Allie))): I hope you feel better. I’ll second Tina’s advice. Take it easy. :star:

Pip: I love the photos of your three dogs. They remind me how wonderful it is to have an old dog. Our old dog is a cancer survivor and doing well so far. :star:

Carol: I’m beginning to miss so many things that have disappeared due to lock down. I run errands and buy food. I haven’t seen dear friends in too long to think about. I long for vaccination against covid for all of us. :heart:

I’ve had these three wishes forever-- I wish for good health, adequate wealth, and three more wishes for us all. I want to add being connected with family and good friends. I’m doing okay with family but there are dear friends that I sorely miss. :heart: :broken_heart:

Katla

I miss them...
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Well, kind-of back in the groove. I rode the recumbent bike today. Work tomorrow. I’m thinking that I MAY ride the recumbent bike if I have time.

Got all the outside Christmas decorations in. Not put away. Some things still have to dry off

Right now I’m making a chocolate cream cheese cake for Vince. I just am not telling him that there’s cream cheese in it. Cream Cheese was on sale. Afterwards, I’ll go outside and hopefully finish bringing in the Christmas decorations. Update: he thinks it's dry, I don't.

M – I for one never get bored hearing about your situation. Gives me lots to think about. I am in constant awe of you. Thank you for your explanation.

Melodybug – welcome. I like your name

Went to Aldi this morning, but first to Target to return some protein powder I got. They reformulated it (boo) and I have a strong suspicion that I won’t like the reformulated stuff. So I returned it. Went to Aldi since I’ll probably make a meatloaf Tues, the meat needs to defrost. Looks like the chicken thighs are defrosted so I may make those for this week tonight.

SuziQ – how wonderful of your reps!

Penny! – So great to see you. Jess and Colby are into online video gaming, I’m not. I couldn’t get over how much they played while they were here. Yes, it’s a sort-of relaxation for some people. I don’t find it very relaxing, tho. Come back!

Anne DE – (((HUG)))

Tina CA – (((HUG)

Michele NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Lisa-relatives who don’t stay in touch can be frustrating. I have one brother who lives here. He just contacted me for the first time since January (he has been busy). He keeps having to change his phone number for various reasons and never lets us know. My kids are a bit better, and while I don’t phrase it as you do, I have been known to send a couple of texts with that as the intent.

SuziQ-I also like to give thought to buying something with gift cards I wouldn’t normally buy for myself. Son got me an Amazon card as part of Christmas. I am narrowing down what I will get. Possibly a nice set of led candles.

Penny-the polar bear episode is frightening. Such things happening is probably why I have never been interested in sleeping in a tent! I try to avoid doomscrolling but I think it can be easy to slip in to.

Annie-sorry to hear about your Aunt. Hopefully your parents haven’t been visiting . . .

Julie-good thesis progress. Also good idea scheduling meeting to present progress-those sorts of mini deadlines will be helpful. What is your thesis topic?

Spent day puttering and getting small things done. When I got doors replaced, the gentleman took off one of the old door stops and split it. I was not happy with how he put it back (not even and huge bump and when he put putty on it, it made it worse. Was going to put in a new one, but would have to mitre cut and the new pine isn't quite the same exact size as the old (1956 pine here). Pried off old jam, scrapped off all the putty, got some gorilla glue and clamped it together. Have put it back up-looks ever so much better. A bit of sanding and new coat of paint and no one but me will know! Very pleased with myself.

Work tomorrow. I have not checked work email since last Wednesday. That feels good, but I will pay for it tomorrow morning. Think I may wear at least more actual "work tops" for the New Year. Most days I am not in office or anything, but I actually miss wearing some of my work clothes! Can't hurt to try to change things up and keep a right mental attitude for the rest of this work from home stuff.

Got in-boxes cleared out last night. Going to go through junk mail and dump it (every so often a valid email ends up in junk).

Protien-been looking at my macros and I think I need to increase protein without significantly increasing calories--any good ideas?

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Today was very productive. I was able to get almost everything I planned to get done, done. I decided I wanted to keep the Christmas lights up for one more week. They are inside my windows so the weather will not hold me up if I decide to take them down during the week. I simply love the light they through off – especially when I am lying in bed reading.

I have been tracking all of my intake and making sure I am getting enough physical movement in. I really let things go in this area from October through the end of the year. I am taking back control before it gets too hard to get motivated. I know it has only been three days, but my body is appreciating the better food choices.

Peggy – I was so happy to see your posts. I am sorry it has been a down year for you. I miss hearing about your adventures and seeing your bread!! Maybe this year I will be motivated to attempt making bread from scratch.

Allie – Please be careful. I love the Sound of Music.

Tina – Sending positive thoughts the procedure takes care of your excessive situation. Like you, I am so very happy with the mileage on my new car.

Michelle - I am certainly blessed at work. I can honestly say I work with a great group of people.

I finally finished mystery puzzle number two! It was difficult. With no picture as a guide and many dark, dark colors it did take me some time. The next one will also be difficult but at least it is the world map. 😊 I will not start it until the puzzle board is received. Pictures of the completed puzzle and the next one below.

lw3j4vznk2p8.png

1vt1ka4e9cbs.png

vwdbrcx4ay6j.png

I hear the last load of laundry spinning, need to get it in the dryer so everything is dried and put away before I call it a night. I also need to have a small snack. I am well below 1000 calories today (just not hungry and eating mostly plants). I really do not like being below 1000 calories – it isn’t a healthy habit.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Penny! ... so glad to see you post again! I've missed you and your stories about life at the North Pole! So very sorry, however, to hear of the Polar Bear incident.

Doomscrolling ... I had to look up the definition of this word. I live with someone who is prone to doing this, as a result, I purposely do just the opposite or ignore news altogether. Most of my family deals with anxiety issues ... we don't need to borrow trouble from tomorrow as well. I can only deal with so much at one time.

Allie ... be sure and call your doctor if your surgical site is still uncomfortable tomorrow.

Tina ... I'll be praying that your procedure gives you some relief.

Pip ... will you ever have an additional dog to be a companion for Yogi? You are such a good dog mom ...

Finally, back on track with my IF lifestyle and I feel much better after just 3 days. Appetite correction is setting in and I'm hoping this will spur me on to losing my excess weight once and for all. Younger son is being encouraged by his counselor to rejoin MFP. While I haven't used the logging features in quite a while, I may start again for his benefit so he can copy meals on to his diary. I wish he would try IF, but he says it's not for him. As we all know, finding a successful path to weight loss and health is highly individual.

All the Christmas decorations have been taken down and put away. Now I'm working at reorganizing son's apartment belongings. Only Christmas decoration I've left out is a white wooden church that lights up. I didn't have batteries around Christmas, so I slipped a cheap LED votive inside the church on Christmas Eve. I think they're supposed to last around 60 hours or so. While the church does not appear to be lit up during the day, each morning when I come out into the kitchen to start the day, that little votive is still flickering away! My family thinks I'm nuts, but I've decided that's God giving me a little wink each morning and I'm not putting it away just quite yet.

Beth near Buffalo

Probably not. We live in an apartment now. It was different when we owned our home. And yes, I’m an awesome mom and trainer 😎😜
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    (((Kim)))
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @GodMomKim I'm sorry that you've had to and have to go that with your brother.