WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, Kim. I am happy that you were able to escape and set boundaries. I feel the sadness you feel regarding your mother. I am glad that she does have a safe space with you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Just took my second dose of tylenol, oh gosh it hurts and no heating pad...im going to just lay low.. not eating much either. Heaven knows i need to lose a few lbs...
    Sorry for being a bummer. Ill be quiet..

Can your daughter drop off your heating pad for you to use? You could always loan it back to her when you have recovered more fully?

After my gall bladder surgery, which is nothing compared to what you just went through, I was still not feeling like my self at my one month post op appointment. It did get better, but probably not until months 2 or 3.

Hang in there! Remember your body needs time and space to heal.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Uu
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options

Worked today. They just scheduled me to work tomorrow until 12:30. That’s strange since I’ve never worked past 11:30. But oh well…..

Ginny OH – how frustrating that you had to redo that doorstop

SuziQ – working with great people makes the job so much better, you don’t mind going to work or working later if you need to. Those Dowdel puzzles are challenging. The cat one I did was a Dowdel

Kim in CA – (((HUG)))

Viv – I do hope you’re feeling better soon

Kylia – welcome back

Clarity Peace – welcome! Come back often

Sherryann – “hi” back at ja

Heather – I go to Facebook occasionally, don’t do Twitter or Instagram. I figure I have better things to do with my time than spending it on Twitter or Instagram

Judefit – welcome. This is a great group. So many of us are going thru the same challenges in life. It really helps a lot to share and many times you get great ideas

Mahjongg tonight!

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 12min 55sec, 3.66ap, 181elev, 96ahr, 123mhr, 8.13mi= 752c
    Strava app= 985c
    Zwift bike trainer- 29.13min, 135ahr, 162mhr, 171elev, 22.7amph, 11.06mi= 306c
    Strava app = 272c

Total cal 1058
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Penny ... we don't actively look for bad news either, but nonetheless this past year, there it seemed to be. Reminds me of the phenomenon of seeing patterns in randomness. For example, when I was trying to get pregnant, it seemed every woman in the world was pregnant but me. Or when we are depressed, it appears that everyone else is full of joy. It was that kind of year for seeing the negatives instead of the positives. Does that make sense?

Kylia ... good to see you!

Kim ... so sorry to hear that your mother tolerates the abusive behavior of your brother ...

Machka ... we've only really entered winter, but I'm looking forward to sunshine-y days like you shared in your photo.

Beth near Buffalo

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/1483764297/posts/10224623683127873/
    Hopefully this can play!
    💖 Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Entering a new lockdown tonight. Only allowed out of the house for essential supplies and exercise. No kids in school. No summer exams. Our grandchildren will probably be in school however.
    It doesn't affect us personally, but I do feel sorry for so many others. It's hard for people living alone and for those with families in small spaces.
    Roll on the vaccine! Waiting for the call.

The Zoom went well tonight. DH was very pleased to see his sister and daughter at the same time. I gatecrashed, as did his sister's boyfriend. We stopped early so his sister could watch Boris make his announcement. We watched a quiz show.

My writing has been going along OK, so I will just carry on with that as usual. I'm writing about a youth hostelling trip to Paris when I was 16. :D Good memories. The year I am writing about, 1966, was one of the best of my life. I consolidated my friendship with the friends I still Zoom with every Wednesday. I consider myself very lucky to have such friendships.

I will ring another friend who lives in Wales tomorrow. I didn’t join in with her 'at home' Zoom last Saturday because I didn't feel like it. I prefer a more intimate gathering, not a lot of strange faces. I told her I would ring her instead this week.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Iii
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    My world changed almost 3 years ago. I keep trying to remind myself ...

twi236kcjm0t.png

yf54rbxi6jtq.png

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Gloomy drippy day here. My labradoodle discovered her heritage today. She is 1/2 labrador retriever and 1/2 standard poodle, both water dogs. Usually she sidesteps puddles but today we were walking in the riding arena and she decided it was great fun to gallop back and forth in the puddles along the edge. She came in with wet and muddy paws and belly from all the splashing.

I am leaving Christmas up until Epiphany. I like having the lights on when it gets dark so early.

Kim - Hugs to you.

Viv - Sending healing angels.

Allie - Have patience. As I recall DH was sore for a long time after bypass surgery. Remember they have split your breastbone and wired it back together. It takes a while for that to heal fully.

Rebecca - I have some calendars for you if you still want some. Mine all have critters on them, horses, donkeys, goats, dogs and cats. Let me know.

Welcome to those who are new, keep coming back.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    judefit1 wrote: »
    Hi- I "tripped" over this group and wondered if I can join in? I'm 63, have been and intermittent "MFP" person but never joined in any of the community things. I'm trying to re-motivate myself and It would be great to have somewhere to go to "talk" to people! I love my partner but he and I have been together waaay too much! 😄

:)You have come to the right place. Keep coming back

<3Barbie in NW WA

Thanks, Barbie- I'm Jude!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Morning. Ladies
    I did call the surgeon's office and spoke to the nurse,sometimes this happens,I have been taking it easy honestly.she said to use a heating pad ,which i lent to my daughter.
    Barbie- not driving yet will find out when later in the month.
    Taking tylenol and watching TV...feeling kinda yucky so gingerale and saltines.

Get your daughter to buy you a nice new one ... and any pillows which might help you sleep/rest more comfortably!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Back at work again! Work is all right ... I'm sorting through emails and trying to figure out where I left off. :)

While I enjoyed being away, it can be a little bit stressful these days now that people from the mainland are allowed in. We try to avoid people, but you can't avoid them entirely.

I feel ready to start working on my list and seeing what I can accomplish.

I also love sleeping in my own bed again!

When we could travel ... in North America, in mid-range hotels like perhaps Best Western etc., the beds are glorious! You want to go to bed at 8 pm and not move for the next 12 hours. In Europe, in the hotels and B&Bs where we stayed while we travelled there for many months, the beds are nice - quite comfortable.

The North American and European beds inspired me to find a mattress/bed as good or just about as good and that's what I've got at home now.

In Tasmania ... accommodation places haven't quite figured out the bed thing yet. I'm not sure what it is exactly, perhaps just cheap beds and mattresses. But I end up with sore hips and have to sleep with a "pillow system" involving arranging pillows along beside me (similar to a "body pillow") so that I can drape my arm and leg over them. Sometimes pillows need to go under my knees as well and occasionally I've actually brought a thick yoga mat to tuck under the sheets.

So we're glad to be back. I had a really good nap on my sofa yesterday afternoon and sleep in my bed last night!

M in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Flea-incredible bear story!

Tracey-beautiful birthday girl!

Kim in N California-I can understand the need to vent about your mom’s tragic situation. Hopefully she will be able to enjoy some peaceful time.

Julie-your musings regarding life with lack of lights now has me wondering about it. Not much on mackerel, anchovies and sardines! My taste in fish is very simple (Midwest farm girl here!)

Machka-jealous about travel!

Kylia-good to hear from you-have been wondering about you!

Allie-could someone pick up a heating pad for you? Neighbor have one you could borrow? Microwave a towel?

Penny-Your comment about cats and puzzles made me laugh. I used to enjoy puzzles and while everyone has been talking about them, I briefly thought about getting one and all I could picture was one of my cats destroying it!

Fairly uneventful first day back to work for the new year. Double checking a pay raise and doing some necessary first of the year stuff. Got to gym for an hour or so. Have dental check up in the morning. Nothing real exciting going on.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    edited January 2021
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-jealous about travel!

Ginny in Ohio

We didn't go far. We stayed on our island. The first place we stayed is about 200 km away. The second place we stayed is a little over100 km driving but about 35 km as the crow flies.

Since we can't leave the island, we figure we might as well enjoy what's here.

Regarding fish ... I eat flake in fish and chips, and that's about it. :)

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Allie – Take an old sock, fill it with rice, and microwave that.

Ginny OH – we didn’t do the cat puzzle because we thought one of the cats would get at it. But, surprisingly, when I did it, I never had any “help”

Regarding fish: I eat just about them all.

Michele NC