Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    In July I did the 30 Day Shred and just finished Ripped in 30 both by Jillian Michaels, both workouts were tough, the Shred gave me great results, I've got toned arms, back and legs...alas the belly remains lol!!

So i'm going to up the tempo on cardio, am going to start Insanity on monday, I really hope I can do it as i've heard lots of women say it finally got rid of the belly for them.

I'm going to post my stats this weekend, both waist and around the belly button, might even be brave enough to post a pic, IF i can work out how to post it ....then see what happens!!!

Do you know if I need to go out and get weights? etc?

If you mean for the Jillian Michaels DVDs, then yes, you do need weights really - one light set (i.e. 2 weights) and one heavier set. But you can get quite cheap ones I think.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my exercise for today

6/09/11 - day 1 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    7//9/11 - day 2 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    8/9/11 - day 3 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins netball approx 312 calories, walking to school approx 2 miles.
    9/9/11 - day 4 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins walking approx 298

That's very good consistency. You play netball
    I was atrocious at school. More of a field hockey person really.:smile:
    That is very consistent! I'm never consistent myself :ohwell:

Franz, what's wrong with you? You haven't burned anything yet today? I was starting to rely on you to burn outrageous amounts of calories so that I could talk myself into exercising by the time I got home!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Right, people: 30 D S, levels 1, 2 & 3 = 507 cals + exercise bike 57 mins (strange number I know - the TV programme finished) = 381 cals. Grand total = 888.

My partner said "that's ridiculous!". I have to say that he might have a point! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Right, people: 30 D S, levels 1, 2 & 3 = 507 cals + exercise bike 57 mins (strange number I know - the TV programme finished) = 381 cals. Grand total = 888.

My partner said "that's ridiculous!". I have to say that he might have a point! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree with your partner, all THREE levels AND the bike that's just nuts.:noway: I take my hat off to you!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    After doing Insanity Pure Cardio I thought i'd carry on being insane and do some Zumba and why not I was a sweaty mess anyway! Total burn 671 :happy:

Insanity was tough, when i'm working out I keep thinking " this is mad, this is insane" duuuh yep of course it is!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    After doing Insanity Pure Cardio I thought i'd carry on being insane and do some Zumba and why not I was a sweaty mess anyway! Total burn 671 :happy:

Insanity was tough, when i'm working out I keep thinking " this is mad, this is insane" duuuh yep of course it is!!

Is it really, really difficult?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Is it really, really difficult?

Yes and no, the moves/exercises are simple enough it's just the pace of it and you need so much stamina. When I finish I feel like my arms and legs are on fire with the burn. My heartrate is always well out of my zone...not sure that's a good thing or not??!
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!! the MAJORITY of my weight is in my stomach!!!!
  • kanzz
    kanzz Posts: 13
    Options
    yeah !!
    :explode:
    so how to start ............ ????
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Count me in!!!!! the MAJORITY of my weight is in my stomach!!!!

Welcome on board.....now LET'S GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    yeah !!
    :explode:
    so how to start ............ ????

Cardio is the way to burn most calories....are you looking for ideas for working out?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My biggest problem area.
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    So far burned 380 calories just running around with the kids and going shopping! Didn't do so hot on my diet but was craving some mexican food! If I can get some more energy I am going to do some yoga! If not then shower and bed for me!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    OK I DID IT!! I rested today, yay! We'll I did clean the house and built up quite a sweat but I don't log my cleaning. But so far not a bad day :)
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Count me in! My biggest problem area.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    So far burned 380 calories just running around with the kids and going shopping! Didn't do so hot on my diet but was craving some mexican food! If I can get some more energy I am going to do some yoga! If not then shower and bed for me!

How wonderful that you can burn so many calories through children and shopping!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    OK I DID IT!! I rested today, yay! We'll I did clean the house and built up quite a sweat but I don't log my cleaning. But so far not a bad day :)

Well done for resting! Cleaning the house is my big plan for today; it looks like a pigsty! Good job I'm not obsessional about cleaning too - I'd be very uncomfortable by now, lol!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I've finally decided! Although I really like Jillian Michael's style, I've been gettling slightly bored with my workout dvds, having done 30 day shred, ripped in 30, 6 pack in 6 weeks, and banish fat boost metabolism (actually, I'm still doing that one). I've been wondering what to do next, and have been seriously considering Insanity and P90X. I should explain that I'm not instinctively too fond of cardio - I'll do it for health reasons really, but not that keen. But I do love strength training, and don't mind building muscle - in fact, I like it. Did a lot of weight training at gyms in years gone by, and I know it really helps with weight loss. Anyway, following extensive research, my next step is going to be ... another JM dvd! I'm going for 'No more trouble zones', which I gather is pure strength training. After that, I think I'll do a rotation of everything I've got for a while, as I can't afford to keep buying all this stuff!

@skinny can breathe a sigh of relief now, as I'll stop asking her questions about Insanity. :laugh:
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know I am a few days late, but I would love to join!! That's where all my fat is too and the reason I look absolutely ridiculous in a dress...
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I know I am a few days late, but I would love to join!! That's where all my fat is too and the reason I look absolutely ridiculous in a dress...

Welcome! :smile:

Have you worked out what we are doing? Tracking weight and measurements, logging exercise calories burnt, then posting results every Tuesday. Everybody's doing their own thing exercise-wise.