JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    01/09/2021
    - weigh in ✅
    - Noom articles✅
    - mini habits✅
    - write at least 2k words❌ I don't remember doing anything writing related. I guess I just needed a break
    - make dinner❌ Matt wanted take out.
    - finish the laundry❌ Left a load of clothes in the wash. Forgot about them until I was in bed and then was like "screw it"
    - fold some clothes❌ I really really need to do this. The laundry basket is overflowing.
    - log all my food✅
    - light off and phone down by 9:30✅ 8:30 actually. After falling asleep on the couch for 20 minutes. Lol

Matt had a decent day at work. His breathing was okay. I think the physical exercise of work helped to strengthen his lungs. Not sitting on the couch all day for 5 days.

Currently sitting in the break room. It was a rough morning. I broke two glass containers in about 5 minutes just as the store was opening. I had customers wheeling their carts through my puddle. It was crazy. They couldn't wait the 30 seconds it would have taken me to finish wiping it up. Silly people.

I have about 2.5 hours left of work and apparently I'm going to be doing computer training for the last 2 hours. That's good because I've had a low grade headache all morning.

Okay, enough babble. Onto some goals.

01/10/2021
    - weigh in
    - Noom articles
    - Log food
    - mini habits
    - go through email
    - write AT LEAST 2k words
    - cook dinner
    - Finish the laundry

Okay. I think that's it for the day. More than enough to keep me occupied. Lol
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

JFT 1/9 Sat:

Log food and water ✅
    Increase steps from yesterday ✅

JFT 1/10 SUN:

Log food and water
    Meet step goal

Should be able to meet step goal if I get moving NOW. Good couple inches of snow to shovel so that should help

Happy Sunday!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Had a pretty bad day yesterday, didn't post goals either but it's just one day and today I can have a good one if I try!

- 4 waters ✔️
    - Log food!✔️
    - Take meds✔️
    - clean kitchen❌
    - fold and put away clothes, stick wet clothes in the dryer.✔️
    - get the girls to tidy their room 😒✔️

Have a good day everyone!

Did okay on Saturday.
    Forgot to post goals but so far so good today. They're pretty much the same goals.
    I've blitzed the kitchen today, it's so cleaaaan. Got more washing to fold. The never ending washing.
    Have a nice evening everyone :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 1/9 Sat.
    1) Walked dog 4.61 mi :smiley: gentleman in park saw us & said "Now that's a happy dog!" She always grins when she's walking & happy.
    2) Move hourly :) 12/14 & 14.3k
    3) Not sure about supper, we may order something / net cals zero / 14c water :) Olive Garden takeout, only ate one breadstick & 1/2 entree... that's a win! Net cals -63 & 12c
    4) Chores: wash dishes / refill heated birdbath / activate back-up FSA card = 3/3 so far / other? yep :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:45 alarm (church 9:00) = 4/5

JFT 1/10 Sun.
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Walk dog :smiley: 3.23 mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Move hourly
    4) Eat leftovers / net cals zero / 14c water
    5) Laundry + towels / complete PetShop enrollment / order Kitty Heartgard / set up FSA account w/ new administrator / submit WWW receipt to FSA / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / another chore?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (rest day)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Saturday Jan 9
    Scale 200.8
    1L of water - 😟 .75
    Log all food - 🙂

JFT - Sunday Jan 10
    Scale 200.2
    1L of water
    Log all food

@cschmitz110515 - I had a boss one time tell me that smart women marry handy men not handsome. 😂. That’s always stuck with me even though I had been married for years at the time she told me.

I haven’t done a thing all weekend trying to get my back in order and I don’t know if it’s working or not. I’m still in a lot of pain.
    My administrator just called me to tell me not to go to work tomorrow, I convinced her I would be able to go but promised to go home if it’s too much.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 10 Jan

Too late to post goals as it’s bed time! The day escaped and I was tempted not to bother with exercise but didn’t give in to temptation. If I had posted goals, they’d have been the same as usual and I’d have met them 😊
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pre-class: Print bell schedule and put on board. Put week schedule on board. Print roster with 2 checkboxes for emails from students and guardians.
    3. Classes: "Poor Grammar" writing response. Review homework prompt. If time permits, set up GR accounts.
    4. Planning: Grade late work. Stretch.
    5. Lunch: Egg Salad. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow? Pride & Prejudice notes.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed; college rec. Post office – stamps. Pick up oops groceries.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Pester S about sending emails for characters.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 190.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Gonna try to start updating at night. Tomorrow students return and I have new classes. I'm nervous.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    amidst the chaos follow the plan🤷‍♀️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] Total weight loss: 82

January Daily Goals: Week 2
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon:
    Tue: Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅3/7 (I weigh naked 😂 each morning after you know what. It helps me stay on track)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7
    Positive intentions for Sun 10
    Positive intentions for Mon 11:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 2 'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck ongoing

Terri 🦄

• ksafransk
    ksafransk Posts: 2 Member
    Is it too late to ask to join this group? I will share my story and goals if accepted. Thanks for considering!
  • Bex953172
    ksafransk wrote: »
    Is it too late to ask to join this group? I will share my story and goals if accepted. Thanks for considering!

No not at all! We have people joining all through the year. Everyone starts journeys at different times so just post your goals and get started :) and welcome!
  • Bex953172
    My eldest turned 7 today. Gosh it's gone fast, too fast!
    I feel sorry for her though, new school, covid, just a recipe for a pretty basic birthday.
    Last year we paid for her and 15 of her friends to go to a play centre and she loved it of course.
    And this year, she's in school, no party, only 5 friends in her class atm with lock down so she can't even have a full day with ALL her friends. I've sent her in with a bumper bag of sweets but obviously she wanted to hand them ALL out but there's only 5 in her class.
    I've found it very hard to find presents. We only got paid 3 days ago so we couldn't order online, most places are shut, I found some things on Argos and non of the items were in stock in a store near me.
    So now I have to go out when she's in school and get something from the supermarket. So i can't get her what she wanted tbh.
    My MIL has bought her a bike though, and my SIL has got her a big bag of stuff, so she does have nice presents, just not off us!
    We're trying to make it nice for her best we can, were gonna decorate the house with some balloons, MIL is bringing and L.O.L cake that she made at some point today(ill take pic later)
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

JFT 1/10 SUN:

Log food and water ✅
    Meet step goal ❌

Decided an afternoon nap would be way better than doing something productive. Really haven't been sleeping that great. Also clearly in a slump. Was a little surprised this morning to see the scale is continuing to go up. I mean, now that I am paying attention to it, that means the weight is just going to fly off, right? I have a glass top digital scale. Maybe a cm of the top hangs over the base. Of course I step there, flip the scale and now it won't work at all☹️

JFT 1/11 MON:

Meet step goal
    Log food
    Think positive thoughts and take action(no negative self talk)

Hope everyone has a good week and wishing you all the best in reaching your goals😁
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Great day on Sunday. Weekly Monday weigh in, down 3.6# for the week

For Sunday

-I'm grateful for the ability to have home work out options, specifically our treadmill. We have the space and resources to have a nice space in the basement. Avoids the ice and cold of outdoors this time of year.
    -1900 calories and end the week under 1900 average: 1707 for the day, averaged 1798 for the week
    -Work out for 80 minutes and end of the week with a 60 minute+ daily average: 82 minutes including a 43 minute 1.73 mile treadmill walk. 4:22 hours for the week including 10.91 miles on the treadmill, 3360# of weights, 435 crunches, 87 push ups and 174 lunges
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Eat dinner at the table: Ate on the couch watching football. Can do better
    -Invest 15 minutes with professional development: Done with new books
    -Spend 30 minutes on home projects: Done. Trimmed the dog, registered bride's car, put up tools from hanging clock, registered with county for COVID and kept up with my dishes/trash
    -Read at night and reduce scrolling news feeds, even light hearted diversions: Best night yet

For Monday

-I'm grateful I started back on MFP 01.01.2020. I have a 377 day streak of accurately logging my food, good and bad.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 80 minutes:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Eat dinner at the table:
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    -Spend 30 minutes on the house:
    -Read at night and reduce scrolling news feeds even light hearted diversions:

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    The weekend went ok goal wise
    Didn’t accomplish much project wise but needed the mental health unplug

Monday goals
    Stay green (>400 calorie deficit after exercise)
    No beer
    No candy
    Trainer ride
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    @Bex953172 Happy Birthday to Saskia! Don't worry about not having a party, I'm sure she'll enjoy it if you make a fuss at home. In the olden days when I was a child nobody had parties, I think I attended one birthday party the whole time I was at school. Is she old enough to understand things being out of stock? Would an IOU in a card for what she really wanted work?

@Snowflake1968 hoping your back is feeling better. If not, would it be worth considering seeing someone? I don't know what restrictions you have right now, here we are in lockdown but alternative health workers are still allowed to work. I booked an appointment with an osteopath I'd never used before, because I was desperate for help. She has helped me a lot, and I like her better than the previous one I used! It's expensive, but to me worth it for the pain relief.

JFT Monday 11th Jan

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Walk
    Admin
    housework
    Smile and appreciate the day

Yesterday I did the first walk this year, only a slow 20 minutes but I was happy with it, not too much pain afterwards. Hoping to go again today, weather is awful though.

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 11 Jan

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 1/10 Sun.
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Walk dog :smiley: 3.23 mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Move hourly :smiley: 12/14 & 14.9k
    4) Eat leftovers / net cals zero / 14c water :s too many peanut M&Ms net cals -377 & 12c
    5) Laundry + towels / complete VetShop enrollment / order Kitty Heartgard / set up FSA account w/ new administrator / submit WWW receipt to FSA / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / another chore? = 7/7
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (rest day) = 5/5

JFT 1/11 M ~ planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water / NO peanut M&Ms
    3) Work in office: keep up w/ emails / AJNH
    4) Meditation app / start to pack Christmas decorations / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / start grocery list
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:15 alarm (x-train before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Sunday Jan 10
    Scale 200.2
    1L of water - :/ 0.5
    Log all food - :/

JFT - Monday Jan 11
    Scale 201.2
    1L of water
    Log all food

@Bex953172 - It's my husband's birthday today too. Happy Birthday to Saskia, she'll be happy with whatever you do for her at this age.

@shenna333 - I swear those pounds pile on while we sleep sometimes. I have one of those glass digital scales too, sometimes I wonder if they are as accurate as the old style.

@littleblackskirt - I am calling my Doctor this morning to see if I can get a prescription for physio. I think I need it again. My back is so painful.

I went to a store and walked around yesterday, but that seemed to make it worse than just sitting. I thought the sitting was making it worse. I have to say it's better than Friday though.
    We'll see how the day goes.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Sunday
    - listen to church ✅
    - Weigh in✅
    - Take vitamins/meds✅
    - Return dresses that didn’t fit/ buy more dresses... it’s hard not being able to try things on. Silly COVID-19 ✅
    - Spend day with hubby but him a sports jacket✅
    - need my 11:30❌

WFY: Forgiveness

Have a blessed Sunday y’all!

Yesterday was such a smashing day. I spent the day shopping with hubby. It was really great being out with just the 2 of us. Then we came home and watched football. Nothing fancy, but it was good for us. Diet wise the day was lacking as we ate out for lunch (Mexican) and dinner (Chinese) and had drinks. Because of this I didn’t weigh today as the sodium was through the roof yesterday. No regrets though.

Not much on the docket for today. Working from home, but really don’t have much to do. College football tonight.

JFT Monday
    - log food
    - Max 3 beers during the game
    - 30 min on the bike

WFY: Forgiveness