January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    zscmu2odcnic.jpg

We did get snow so I am glad that I ran yesterday. @eleanorhawkins We are definitely the same in Texas. Almost everything shuts down when it snows which is probably good since no one knows how to drive in this. @shanaber I probably would switch with you, but my husband would be disappointed. He loves winter. Me, not so much. Did y'all get any snow down south @SummerSkier or just cold rain?
  • kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    01/01... 10.12
    04/01... 4.20
    05/01... 5.41
    06/01... 5.22
    07/01... 4.02
    08/01... 12.05
    11/01... 4.02

Total KM 45.04

Negative split run today. It was my first run before sunrise of the year. I'm back to work today after a blissful two weeks off work

@Avidkeo Great time on the 5k!

@Scott6255 Excellent work on the HM

@quilteryoyo So glad to hear the recovery is going well. Hope you get some better sleep

@katharmonic I've never tried skiing. At one point I thought about getting lessons like you. I mentioned it to my family and they looked at me sideways and said "please don't" - I guess they figure my clumsiness will be worse on skis than I already am on my own two feet!

@rheddmobile Oh no! Sorry about the glue traps - I had to look up glue traps as I'd never heard of them - turns out they are banned in NZ

@eleanorhawkins Wow that's some crazy weather! I saw your photos of the cars on Strava and couldn't believe how bad it was
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Yeah. There will be more running as the year goes on. Not sure when I'll be able to contribute, but will when I can.

Good luck with the move. Packing is a lot of work.

So good to "see" you @quilteryoyo! Hope you are able to get some rest and let the healing process begin.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    1-1 5k treadmill + resistance bands
    1-2 5k treadmill + yoga
    1-3 6k easy
    1-4 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-5 5k treadmill + yoga
    1-6 7k slow + resistance bands
    1-7 6k slow + yoga
    1-8 5k treadmill + resistance bands
    1-9 6k slow + yoga
    1-10 6k slow
    1-11 6k slower

January Total: 64k
    January Goal: 140k

Low 30s F today and clear above the fog. No wind to speak of. A pretty morning to run.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)