• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    So sorry Debbie!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Debbie so sorry ... thinking of you... How awful for you and your family.

Allie, hugs and healing thoughts.

((Meg))

Katla, hope you are healing and hope your new glasses will give you a boost. Isn't it wild how our lives change in just moments?

More thoughts later..d

Betsy hunkered down in NW Washington

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Debbie - That is so very sad. I know how much you love your parents. I hope you make a good recovery. <3 I had been wondering where you were.

Meg - So happy to see you! :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Finally back online and checking in. To say it has been a rough few weeks would be an understatement.
    Just after midnight on 12/30 I got the worst call ever. My dad suddenly passed away. Mom and him had gone down to be tested for Covid on the 29th and a few hours after he passed they were confirmed positive. We were all up there Christmas and yep, not only did my son and his girlfriend get it but I am 99% sure I did too.I was way too weak to drive the 30 min to get tested. I spent almost a full week in bed up there at mom's. She has been tired but not to many other symptoms.
    I was finally able to get up energy to drive the hour home on Saturday. That was it until today. Today was the first time to turn my computer on in almost two weeks.
    I will try and read all the posts and see what all I have missed.
    Really have missed reading about everyone's days.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I am so very sorry!
  • Machka9
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

I also have certain medical difficulties (a genetic disorder) which is much better if I take my supplements. I need folic acid, B-vitamins, and magnesium. And because I cannot use hormone replacement to help me through the menopause process, I am trying some others. For example, a doctor recommended Evening Primrose Oil to me. I also take calcium because I don't consume a lot of dairy products.

I get bloodwork done at least once a year that checks my vitamin and mineral levels and they're all right in the middle of "normal", with the exception of iron which is usually just a bit high. So my doctors don't have any problems with what I'm doing.

M in Oz

My mister has very high iron. He takes turmeric supplements which are supposed to help block absorption. He hasn't been re-tested since he started those, but he is/was borderline hemochromatosis and cannot donate blood. I also limit how much vitamin C he gets, but not providing those foods, as Vitamin C helps with absorption of iron. Next time he sees his doctor, he will ask for the blood draw to find out if this is working. He also takes supplements for high cholesterol and blood pressure (these seem to be working), because his doc wants to put him on prescription meds and he doesn't want to go that route.

I am currently on prescribed iron supplements because of anemia, but I hope to stop those soon. The only lingering effects now are some shortness of breath and my heart rate is still a bit too high...but it's going down.

I take multivitamins too. I just don't eat enough calories in a day to get all the nutrients I need from food.

Tina in CA

I am also borderline hemochromatosis and I've been told that when my periods stop, I may need to start donating blood. You know there's a problem when you're having two full periods a month and your iron levels are still borderline high!

I definitely do not take iron, rarely eat red meat and limit the amount of Vit C I take.

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    DEBBIE so sorry 💔

MEG welcome back

Did workout this morning, burned 500cals and ate sensibly so pleased with myself. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep it up and get rid of this excess poundage.

Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Monday -- Hot summer day! The temperature reached a delightful and glorious 36C (96.8F).

So of course I had to go out and walk, walk, walk! In total, I covered 9.1 km between my commute walk, lunch walk and after work beach walk. I also climbed 6 flights of 20 steps.

Sadly, here in Tasmania, we get one day like that then it returns to the previously scheduled cool summer temps. :neutral: It's raining now and tomorrow should only get to 21C.

Still struggling with too much to do and not enough time to do it. Since the uni blinders came off, I see 1001 things that need tending to. However, first I really need to study something for work. I've been dabbling at it and everything else. I've got to get down to business! One thing at a time.

M in Oz
    I didn't know that your summers were so moderate/mild in Tasmania. I wouldn't like to walk when it's 36°! but I guess it depends on shade and humidity! not enough time to do it...(I feel you!)

kdwey4y51a61.png
    https://www.weatherzone.com.au/climate/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=94029

Yesterday was not very humid (20%). The first walk was in the sunshine and the second had light cloud cover.

I love the heat and as soon as it starts to get even remotely warm here I want to get outside and enjoy it! :) By "enjoy it" I mean, walking, cycling, sometimes running, hiking, etc.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    p7j36ov0oqka.jpg

Who remembers this little chubs?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx trying to be cheerful
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 15min 55sec, 3.55ap, 181elev, 86ahr, 117mhr, 8.12mi= 774c
    Strava app = 984c
    Zwift bike trainer - 29.17min, 89elev, 23amph, 141ahr, 167mhr, 11.20mi= 348c
    Strava app = 286c

Total cal 1122
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Pip- are you testing me? lol Let's see...On the left in the red shirt Bullwinkle, Yogi in the middle, and Floyd on the right. ???

Yup , u r right. This is a test of the emergency broadcast system
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Debbie hope you start feeling better soon. So sorry about your dad.

Took Drew to dog park today. Nice to walk her off leash.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙❤️💜
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Finally back online and checking in. To say it has been a rough few weeks would be an understatement.
    Just after midnight on 12/30 I got the worst call ever. My dad suddenly passed away. Mom and him had gone down to be tested for Covid on the 29th and a few hours after he passed they were confirmed positive. We were all up there Christmas and yep, not only did my son and his girlfriend get it but I am 99% sure I did too.I was way too weak to drive the 30 min to get tested. I spent almost a full week in bed up there at mom's. She has been tired but not to many other symptoms.
    I was finally able to get up energy to drive the hour home on Saturday. That was it until today. Today was the first time to turn my computer on in almost two weeks.
    I will try and read all the posts and see what all I have missed.
    Really have missed reading about everyone's days.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

So very sorry Debbie for the loss of your father. Take care of yourself. Healing thoughts heading your way for you and your family!

Cheri
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Oh Debbie, so sad for you and your family -- (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

Kim
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ((Debbie)). So sorry to hear about your dad’s passing. Doubly hard when it happens so suddenly and unexpectedly.

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3:'(Debbie, so sorry to hear about your dad's passing and all the additional family troubles.

<3Meg, good to see you again.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Debbie: My heartfelt sympathy. Hope your family members recover quickly.

Meg
    : Have missed you!!!

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Michele - I think I could handle those cabin challenges for a week maybe even a month but it would be extremely difficult for me if I had to be alone. I don’t need to be going out and doing as much as you, but I really need social interaction. After a few hours alone I’ve had enough and can’t handle it, I hated when Rodger drovetruck and almost always had boarders or someone staying with me. Now, if those cabins were just to get away from tv, internet, phones I could do it in a heartbeat as long as someone was with me and as long as it had toilet facilities inside.

Rori - my daughters both work retail and I am forever shocked at how people think they can talk to and treat retail workers so terribly. They are underpaid and mistreated by employers and customers alike.

Heather - I caught the last few minutes of the Great Pottery throw down last night. I found it in the guide and set a series record for it.

Debbie - I’m so incredibly sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Made it through work today, still in pain. I made a doctors appointment for Wednesday. The appointment will be via phone which is all I require I think. I actually like this aspect of the pandemic. In normal times I would have had to go sit at the office for a couple hours and miss an afternoon of work.

Today is Rodger’s birthday, he is having the same stomach issues again. I truly believe it’s his gallbladder but the test came back negative last time. I think because by the time he was able to get an appointment his attack had ended. I tried to convince him to contact the doctor but he refuses.

The Grands had a video chat with him, Michaela tries to run all over with the phone though so it’s not pleasant to chat with her.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Debbie - My deepest sympathy for your sudden loss.

I was just notified by my county that I am scheduled for the vaccine on Wednesday morning. Texas has opened vaccines to those that are 65 and older.

I understand that the process is very organized now and does not require waiting in line for hours once appointments were required.

Cathy in Arlington, TX