What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    7rainbow wrote: »
    I don't like peanut butter...

regular peanut butter is to sweet. I love fresh ground dry roasted peanuts made into peanut butter with nothing else added.

Same! I love fresh ground nut butters🙂 we sell all kinds of flavored ones with protein powder, etc. Not my thing- plus the ingredients aren't great. Smuckers crunchy 100 percent natural is awesome too! I do not want oil or sugar added in any form.

also, crazy richards is great!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    I love run-of-the-mill store brand peanut butter, smooth or crunchy!!! A big spoonful! Bring it on! (OK, a smaller spoon, ‘cause, calories.)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member

Same, something about it is revolting to me. Ironically love cashew butter and tahini though

I like it (so long as just peanuts and salt) but do generally prefer other nut butters.
  • lemurcat2
    senalay788 wrote: »

regular peanut butter is to sweet. I love fresh ground dry roasted peanuts made into peanut butter with nothing else added.

If its peanut butter, how can it be sweet? If its peanut butter spread, fully agree.

Yes, agree that peanut butter is not especially sweet. If one chooses peanut butters with sugar added, than the sugar is sweet (I also don't care for sweetened nut butters, but I don't blame the nuts).
  • lemurcat2
    I grew up thinking peanut butter (jiff et al.) was awful, and only realized I actually liked it when I tried the peanuts and salt only kind.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I love run-of-the-mill store brand peanut butter, smooth or crunchy!!! A big spoonful! Bring it on! (OK, a smaller spoon, ‘cause, calories.)

Even the small spoon is still WAY too many calories for my liking. When you place that small spoon on a scale, you start to question life.

...life is not fair and this supports that! That is why I always have a jar of 'PB and Me' on hand.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    I just started eating walmarts brand of pb 2 powder I can totally handle those calories!! Yummo 👍
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    That’s why I eat almond butter — or one reason.
    You grind it fresh yourself in the store, vs reading labels trying to find the peanut butter that’s closest to just peanuts.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    You grind it fresh yourself in the store, vs reading labels trying to find the peanut butter that’s closest to just peanuts.

Sounds great...except that the calories still exist😥
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member

Same! I love fresh ground nut butters🙂 we sell all kinds of flavored ones with protein powder, etc. Not my thing- plus the ingredients aren't great. Smuckers crunchy 100 percent natural is awesome too! I do not want oil or sugar added in any form.

YES YES!! I started to put that too :)
  • lemurcat2

Couldn't you do that with peanuts too? I often do it with all nuts, but at home, although it's nice to be able to just buy it too.
  • lemurcat2
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Sounds great...except that the calories still exist😥

This is the problem, true. (Although I do find nuts in some form tend to fit in okay.)
  • Travelerraven
    Travelerraven Posts: 42 Member
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    Tomatoes are an abomination before the gods.

Every part of the tomato except the fruit is poisonous and tomatoes are in the same plant family Solanaceae which has as it members nightshade and wolfsbane. Many members of this family are indeed poisonous or hallucinogenic or both. That the family also contains many edible members such as potatoes, chili peppers, and eggplants is interesting.
    It is also believed that you can summon Werewolves using members of this plant division.

Tomatoes are known in Italian as “pomi d’oro” (golden apple) or the even more evocative French “pomme d’amour” (love apple).

I do love a toasted BLT with Hellman's Mayo.

What I won't eat is any organ meat [including liver] and most fruits, it is horrid stuff the mere thought of eating such a thing makes you want to retch.
  • pancakerunner

YES YES!! I started to put that too :)

gotta be chunky tho
  • pancakerunner
    Drinking your calories in any form is dumb. Whether in a form of "healthy" smoothie or alcohol.

If it is satiating, so be it. But I find drinkable calories far from satiating... same with soup
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    baked potato > mashed

Today, I baked a nice number of Japanese sweet potatoes, and made a lovely warm salad by saute-ing the greens and twice cooking the potato. Came out nice.