Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 867 Member Member Posts: 867 Member
    baked potato > mashed

Today, I baked a nice number of Japanese sweet potatoes, and made a lovely warm salad by saute-ing the greens and twice cooking the potato. Came out nice.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,818 Member Member Posts: 6,818 Member
    baked potato > mashed

TOTALLY AGREE! I have never even really been a big fan of mashed potatoes. I would take baked or roasted ANYDAY.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 10,628 Member Member Posts: 10,628 Member
    baked potato > mashed

TOTALLY AGREE! I have never even really been a big fan of mashed potatoes. I would take baked or roasted ANYDAY.

I guess not so unpopular...I'm team 'baked' (roasted for sure!)too
  • MinTheKitCatMinTheKitCat Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    I cannot stand 'fake' food or diet 'tricks' food. I'd rather fast until I can get food that is actually food (I love basically all food from celery and kale to avocado, scallops, pork (thought I don't eat it for other reasons), doughnuts, kimchi, coffee cheese, you name it. But sugar -free jello and the like can suck it
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,092 Member Member Posts: 6,092 Member
    and let's not forget scalloped potatoes... and au gratin
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,763 Member Member Posts: 1,763 Member
    Purple sweet potatoes > regular sweet potatoes
    Okinawan, Hawaiian sweet potatoes are the BEST
    esato3r3ityv.jpg

Bonita yams >>> potatoes

v3bkfbipp3y0.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,818 Member Member Posts: 6,818 Member
    BBQ sauce is terrible on chicken and other meats.

I really don't care for any type of meat with BBQ sauce on it. (I do love BBQ chips and BBQ flavored snacks though)
    edited January 15
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 10,628 Member Member Posts: 10,628 Member
    People that say that they can't eat something because it's vegan or vegetarian and they are meat eaters.
    Or people that just can't have a meal that doesn't contain meat in it for them...
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    People that say that they can't eat something because it's vegan or vegetarian and they are meat eaters.
    Or people that just can't have a meal that doesn't contain meat in it for them...

I do not eat meat and its a choice. In a sence yes-we theoretically can do what we want- all food consumption is truly a choice.

It also is a shame when p eople who are meat eaters prejudge plant based foods. Oh well thier missing out!
    edited January 15
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I do not eat meat and its a choice. In a sence yes-we theoretically can do what we want- all food consumption is truly a choice.

It also is a shame when p eople who are meat eaters prejudge plant based foods. Oh well thier missing out!

I think that's pretty much what PAPYRUS3 was saying?

I don't eat meat either.

Among things I don't understand are meat-eaters who are unwilling even to *try* a meatless dish or meal, that contains foods they'd otherwise be willing to eat. (At the same time, when I make meatless dishes to share with meat-eating friends, I try to stick with things that the average person is likely to find non-scary, non-weird, because I want to share foods I think they'll enjoy, not banner-wave about alternative food choices. Most of the time, these dishes look like normal vegetable side dishes (maybe with some normal food non-meat protein added), or are similar to regular main dishes, but without meat (like veggie lasagna).)

I don't understand vegetarians who are unwilling to eat the meat-free sides of an omnivore's meal now and then, but instead demand that others provide some obvious protein-heavy non-meat main dish at every social event. I don't understand vegetarians who make a dramatic scene if they find a tiny shred of ham or bacon in their restaurant food (that clearly fell unnoticed and by accident from one food-prep bin of ingredients into another). I don't understand vegetarians who make a major scene if they find meat in a dish they ordered: It's normally possible to ask questions in advance and find out, but busy kitchen crews do make mistakes, and a quiet, polite conversation with the server is normally very effective.

I do resent people who intentionally sneak meat ingredients into non-meat-eaters foods and lie about it, because "it won't hurt them". That's no way to treat others, especially if they've been polite about their preferences.

Not every other non-meat-eater in the world needs to feel the above ways, but it's how I feel about it. My eating choices are my eating choices. I'm responsible for them; other people aren't. In most areas of life, I don't think banner-waving and proselytizing makes converts as effectively as a calmer, factual, explanation or example. 🤷‍♀️

Yes I think you said everything I feel too
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,092 Member Member Posts: 6,092 Member
    fruitcake is good :)
    This might be unpopular and might trigger some, but I'm not fond of Trader Joe's products
  • AshHeartsJesusAshHeartsJesus Member Posts: 424 Member Member Posts: 424 Member
    This might be unpopular and might trigger some, but I'm not fond of Trader Joe's products

We don't have one here and I always wonder how good it is

LORD JESUS bless
    edited January 17
  • hurtwill360hurtwill360 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    OLIVES black, green, red or what color they come in. They are taste yucky.