Coronavirus prep

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    The Virginia DOH just unveiled a web survey to determine which eligibility group you are in and sign up for text/email alerts when your group is eligible. I am... not in a group lol. Instead of a group designation I was told I would be eligible once 1a 1b and 1c were complete and doses are widely available. So... get comfortable in your hidey hole Kim.

My dad is 1b due to being 76. My mom is 74 which defaults to 1c but her medical conditions might put her in 1b so I'm anxious for her to take the survey. Our county is still in 1a, some other VA counties have started 1b.

This is my "group" too, I think of it as the "everyone else" group. :D

I thought I was in this everyone else group, but a friend and co-worker just pointed out that we are technically in 1c, since under IL's definition (which is pretty broad, but I think it is most places), we are essential workers. Hmm.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Well, this is not good news. Another article right above this one saying the same thing.

https://apple.news/Ak4Tjp_XUTPitWihWKl2dKg
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @Psychgrrl it sounds serious to me. Hope we're not lining up for a new vaccine every 6-12 months.