Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,030 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    My takeaway.....just don’t compliment people in that way. I don’t want to give people the wrong idea. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s not necessary to say anything really I suppose.

I was just legitimately confused...😅

I will no longer speak as I could be flirting, I could be insulting. I have no idea anymore😬

No, I wasn’t saying that in reference to anything specific really. I just don’t really know who I’m talking to ever I suppose and I wouldn’t want anyone to get it twisted. Lol

• CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Someone recently came by my place and saw my garage gym, and hit me with "It looks like SOMEbody works out".

Which is funny, because I'm quite out of shape. I do workout, though. I just couldn't for a good while.

I said yeah, somebody tries.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    My takeaway.....just don’t compliment people in that way. I don’t want to give people the wrong idea. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s not necessary to say anything really I suppose.

Mel.. you know your intent, so if you want to compliment, then do. 🙂 What the old biddy thought doesn't matter or anyone else for that matter... you were paying a genuine compliment.. you might have made his day.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

That's generally my approach too, which is unfortunate because I think compliments should be more freely given. But it seems like someone is always looking for something between the lines, and nothing is always safe, so...
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

I was just legitimately confused...😅

I will no longer speak as I could be flirting, I could be insulting. I have no idea anymore😬

Just say 'nice toes' everybody wants to be complimented on their toes. And if toes are out of sight, nice ears?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

That's generally my approach too, which is unfortunate because I think compliments should be more freely given. But it seems like someone is always looking for something between the lines, and nothing is always safe, so...

Agree with this! It's too easy for everybody to get the wrong idea these days. :/ No more 'nice hair', 'you eat soup so quietly', 'nice way strutting your stuff'.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Walmart bread section.

Noted.

• Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Alright, I'll be the anti-social one.

There are times and places where I like talking to people I don't know, but those don't include the grocery store (or, for that matter, any other store, public transportation, libraries, etc...). Gym would be borderline.

And yes, that does apply to attractive women. It might be an ego boost later on but at the time you're just freaking me out.
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies of mfp

would you prefer him to be overly toxic or kinda a doormat?

(no in betweens & honest answers only pls im trynna see something)

Toxic is horrible, so I would go with doormat and do my best to work with him on it. I've been a doormat before, so I get it. I feel like toxic people want to hurt other for what's best for themselves, and doormats do what is best for others at risk of making themselves unhappy. I would rather someone too selfless than selfish.
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Guys,
    What kind of body type do you like for women? I'm always curious. Obviously I would never change for a man but I do wonder what they prefer.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    7rainbow wrote: »
    Guys,
    What kind of body type do you like for women? I'm always curious. Obviously I would never change for a man but I do wonder what they prefer.

Curves in all the right places 😏

This question goes for girls too, right?!
    Guys,
    My taste has broadened as I've gotten older. I used to be really into tall, lanky women but now there's some room in my wheelhouse for Lizzo walking out of a floating sushi boat restaurant.

I'm a girl but as I've aged ive grown to appreciate all body types. There seems something sexy about the unique curve or muslce or style of a woman's body
  • SodaDrinker
    SodaDrinker Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Guys,

body type doesnt matter, cooking skills do
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Guys,

8uhxmuaelvz8.gif

She's hot 😏

Nono, she's on 🔥🔥

😘

@eatpolerepeat

ETA: This post was relatable. I remember reaching above the stove (when I was 9 months pregnant) and catching my big belly on fire ...true store...also "insightful"

Okay but have you ever put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard? That’s when things get real scary
    for real though, gives new meaning to having a bun in the oven. Did you get hurt??
    also..

Hi! ❤️
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Guys,

Curves in all the right places 😏

This question goes for girls too, right?!
    Guys,
    My taste has broadened as I've gotten older. I used to be really into tall, lanky women but now there's some room in my wheelhouse for Lizzo walking out of a floating sushi boat restaurant.

I'm a girl but as I've aged ive grown to appreciate all body types. There seems something sexy about the unique curve or muslce or style of a woman's body

I agree with this. I used to prefer all feminine all the way but lately I’ve found myself really attracted to more stereotypically masculine body types, let me see if I can find a recent example

Edit: ok the one I was thinking about is a fairly controversial celebrity so I won’t go there but take Ruby Rose for example
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Guys,

8uhxmuaelvz8.gif

She's hot 😏

Nono, she's on 🔥🔥

😘

@eatpolerepeat

ETA: This post was relatable. I remember reaching above the stove (when I was 9 months pregnant) and catching my big belly on fire ...true store...also "insightful"

Okay but have you ever put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard? That’s when things get real scary
    for real though, gives new meaning to having a bun in the oven. Did you get hurt??
    also..

Hi! ❤️

When I was pregnant I put Tabasco sauce in our bathroom linen closet. Like... how does that even happen?? 🤣 I still get reminded of that mistake 😑🤣
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    gk7rgkelagqu.png

9p2dbuehcuqj.png

How yall feel about this new trend in workout gear? Unitards for lifting?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    gk7rgkelagqu.png

9p2dbuehcuqj.png

How yall feel about this new trend in workout gear? Unitards for lifting?

How. Do. I. Pee?