Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️💛
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracey & Sue: I am thrilled to have my glasses back. Thank you both for your good thoughts. :flowerforyou:

I like the idea of a heartfelt thinking of you card for my friend. She lost her husband and her sister within a very short time. It will be a good way to let her know I care. I will look for opportunities to be kind as time goes along. That may be a slow process, but it can help a little.

Allie: Thinking of you and sending good wishes. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Katla - I have a beautiful card that I got out of my card drawer that I keep meaning to write. It's sitting right now on my side table next to the sofa. ;)
    I want to write a few words to the wife of my old lover who died in December. I keep putting it off. It was so kind of her to ring me and tell me he had died. I must do it today. No excuses.
    When my ex husband's sister died in a road accident the most useful thing was a big fruit cake someone gave us. It sat there comfortingly on the table and we could give a slice and a cup of tea to anyone who came round. You can order it from Amazon over here and put a gift message with it.

I woke up early this morning worrying about Allie.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Machka, I'm the employee too, but I love the look on the intern's face!
    Kylia, I have differences of opinion with my scale on a regular basis too. I never thought of wiping the feet tho, but I do vacuum them regularly, but our bathroom is pretty fuzzy. I will definitely check that next time I don't like the number! lol
    Katla, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend who lost her hubby and sister. I can't imagine....
    Hubby and I both had optometrist appointments today. I had already decided that I wanted new glasses for a few reasons the major one being that I didn't bother 2 years ago when I went for a check up. My prescription was such a minimal change last time that the dr didn't think I needed to so I didn't bother. I also decided that I would get the glasses from the office there. I had an idea of how much they would be, but I forgot to allow for inflation and they were a couple hundred dollars more. Oh well, I'm hoping my insurance company will cough up some of the cost. If not, well, I've not been spending money on much of anything else.... Hubby did get new glasses last time, so he didn't bother this time. I could have gotten away without, but I'm tired of these frames and they are starting to show their age (some discolouration and definite signs of wear). I really like the new frames and am looking forward to picking them up in a few weeks.
    I did make brownies again today, remembered to set the timer this time, they turned out MUCH nicer. I still managed to restrain myself to a reasonable portion and had already thrown the overcooked ones out. I'm working for the next three days, so no chance to be picking at them all day so that's good.
    On that note, I should shut it down for the night, I didn't sleep worth a darn last night so really need to get some sleep tonite and the alarm will go off way to early in the morning. sigh.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: called CRF grant guy, followed up with fire hall folks, YouTube videos to get steps in
    Bonus: 2 hrs 13 mins decluttering keyboard, OMG rolltop desk, setting up new printer, packing old for donation;
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, DDS, pick up Joe’s watch, Post Office trace missing filters, call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    27: Challenge your negative thoughts and look for the upside: I really don’t have to do it all myself, and good enough is good enough!
    28: Ask other people about the things they’ve enjoyed recently: maybe that will distract the hygienist ;)
    Day 2 of pouring down rain and high winds. Winds too gusty to travel to the vet in Gold Beach so postponed Shadow’s follow up and both nail trims. Her leg is doing fine, good thing, next available appointment was March 11!

Allie we love you and are praying for you.
    Lisa, hope you can get into the cardiologist soon.
    Heather great news! I almost teared up for you.
    Rebecca raining worms from the sky=YUCK!
    Katla ((hugs)) perhaps schedule a weekly zoom coffee klatch or happy hour with your friend? Her loneliness must be overwhelming. Let me know if you want the recipe for Lutheran Ladies’ Grief Casserole. Not low cal and uses condensed soup so it’s salty and goes down easily when your throat is tight from crying. Tastes better every time you reheat it.
    Rita salty ice fog pics=fascinating! Ice fog is so beautiful on plants, so treacherous on roads…
    Debbie, one year (in the early 80’s?) in SF a hot pink iris shaped like a Siberian or Japanese showed up in SF flower stalls. It was stunning, but never saw it again. Would your cousin’s wife be able to tell me what it was/is and where to find it?
    Tracey having a check-in buddy who has access to one of our family members is a great idea. Alas my only family is Joe and he doesn’t do mfp, or FB or most anything pc related. Gonna have to think about that, maybe ask one of my local FB friends. Glad your daughter was unhurt in the accident.
    Michele 170? Woo HOO!
    Evelyn too bad about those brownies, I like them overdone, especially the edges ;)

Flowers: love all the old fashioned ones, violets, lilies of the valley, old roses, they have the best scent. If pressed to pick, would go for the dianthus family, pinks, carnations and Sweet William.

I just love the internet. Who’d’ve thought “Bagpipe flashmob” was a thing? :laugh:

"Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh/wii: 27/12/36 steps>5592=2810 yesterday, 6131 today vits=26 log=27 CI<CO=25 CI<250<CO=21 Tumble 5=23 Shadow 5=24 mfp=27 outside=25 up hill=22
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=3 dance=4 clean 60 mins=16.75 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142. 1/17: 142.4 1/24: 140!!!
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=3 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=16 play=21 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hope we hear from Allie soon😔

HEATHER DH and I have been fine since COVID jab, we had the Pfizer one. Our next door neighbours have been self isolating as his mother tested positive.

Went overboard on carbs yesterday but burnt about 800 cals with workout and 3 mile walk. Weather is awful today so will just do workout. Have lost half of the 14lbs I put on over the last year, determined not to let that happen this year even though it looks as though it will be a repeat.

Still knitting socks DH has never expressed any interest in having some but I asked him last week if he’d like a pair and he said yes. So have completed one and halfway through the other. Whether he’ll wear them is another matter, suspect he agreed to have a pair was so I wouldn’t be upset at his refusal. 😀

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Socks were some recent makes, sorry should have put in spoiler 😀
    I’ll post pic of DHs socks later

Kate
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Kate those look warm!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday!
    Short at work day. Live training seminar so heading home around 1230. So still working, just not at shop. Kind of scary, but they will just have to handle it. I will just have to fix it on Friday.
    I went to go to bed last night and my husband was on my side. I was like, what are you doing? He told me he was warming up my side for me! 😍 These are the things I have to remember when he really pisses me off ;)

Protein goal hit for past week. Steps hit for 2 days. Guess I really need to work on water intake. I thought I was close yesterday, but when I synced my cup I had only had 20 ounces. I peed lots yesterday, so thinking I may need to calibrate cup. I have the hydrate spark. It could just be their app. It keeps showing two days behind on main screen. Will try to keep a more non-app account today. I think I will make my goals for February to get 70k steps a week (10k per day), protein at 20%, and water at 52 ounces a day. These are doable if I put my mind to it. Pip keep the boot handy😉
    It is 23F this morning, but they are calling for sunshine😁
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited January 2021
    Options
    All these car accidents! :o:o Daughters in the wars. :'( Glad everyone has survived, but sorry about the broken arm. Thank goodness for child seats. Well done Lauren.

Expecting my Waitrose delivery this afternoon. I'm going to have a very easy dinner of a falafel and hummus wrap. Lots of salad.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Holy crap on a cracker, KJ! Glad all are OK, but what an incredibly traumatic week for all concerned... especially with COVID thrown in the mix, so extraordinary precautions making things even more complicated.

Popped in here to check on Allie, and trying not to worry. Hope that the surgery went well. Hate sitting on my hands waiting to hear... I think we all do.

Starting back on my SIBO meds this morning. The last couple days have not been pleasant - going to see if I can get my gastroenterologist office on the phone this morning, and will talk to my primary tomorrow.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • spikeyhair
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I’m having a problem with Kelly’s posts, text is splitting up across the screen. Anyone else getting this

Kate

Just checked my phone, it’s ok on there only on my iPad. Weird and it’s only Kelly’s posts
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    So sorry Lisa, it must be miserable.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So sorry Lisa, it must be miserable.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thank you, dear heart. I'm just... tired. A year and a half of this is far past enough--and I'm really frustrated with treating symptoms for everything, both this and the AFIB, instead of finding solutions to the underlying issues. I think the VA teaches their doctors to do the least possible instead of resolving the issue--and resolving the issue would probably be less costly in the end... Goobers.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛❤️💜
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    According to my research, Allie hasn't logged onto MFP in four days. That concerns me since she logged in faithfully when she was in the hospital before.

<3Kelly, what a scary experience for Lauren and the boys and you

:)Katla, friends rally round immediately after a death. The important thing is to be there for your friend in a week, a month, a year, when the pain continues and she still needs her friends. And be respectful of her desire to be left alone, don't just do something to make yourself feel better.

:)Kate, the socks are beautiful

:) My walking friend who was so dizzy when we walked on Saturday, got a diagnosis of hypoglycemia from her doctor and directions to eat before walking in the morning and eat more frequently during the day.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kelly - I know you will be relieved once Lauren is out of surgery this morning! Can you Facetime with the boys? I know they love that. And kudos to Lauren’s employer and coworkers; it sounds as if they were angels! (((Hugs)))

Lisa - Is this the last round of SIBO meds? I sure hope so. As Heather says, so sorry…it must be miserable.
    (((Hugs))).

Karen in Virginia