Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coronavirus prep

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2021

Not that it matters where I am - the vaccine situation here is a *kitten* show. The Canadian government totally screwed up vaccine procurement and we will be over here still in lockdown and dying while the rest of the world is getting back to normal.

Or as the Canadian government puts it: "Everything is perfectly fine. We're doing a great job."
    My favourite part is how they decided to require airline passengers to test and quarantine to prevent these new variants about 2 months after the variants were all over Canada.

I also like how he keeps telling us not to worry we will still have the 4 million promised vaccines by the end of March. Unless they are gonna ship us like 3.5 million doses the last week of March it ain't gonna happen. Seems unlikely - but what do I know.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    We don't have a readout. A tech said it was set at the max, which is 130 degrees in my state, but when I measure it from the sink with a digital thermometer, I get 136.

This is something everyone should check regularly, how hot is it out of the tap. The heater may be off or someone may have fiddled with the setting after a cold shower. I had to do this when I worked in a youth group home, to prevent youths from getting accidentally scalded.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Theo166 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    We don't have a readout. A tech said it was set at the max, which is 130 degrees in my state, but when I measure it from the sink with a digital thermometer, I get 136.

This is something everyone should check regularly, how hot is it out of the tap. The heater may be off or someone may have fiddled with the setting after a cold shower. I had to do this when I worked in a youth group home, to prevent youths from getting accidentally scalded.

This is what I have been thinking about seeing these posts about water temps. I remember years ago a plumber setting our hot water heat to somewhere around 110 F, maybe as much as 114, but definitely well below 120, to avoid scalding, and this was in a household of adults, none of whom were mentally compromised. I had the impression it was either a county code or a professional best practices thing. It wasn't like the homeowner couldn't change it after he left, but there was no wink-wink on his part pointing that out.

My Dad was a pipefitter. Yes, it's a general practice thing to keep people from getting accidentally burned. I keep mine at 140 and you can get scalded if you're not careful.