The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I'm having some health issues and have been temporarily prescribed a supplement that's adding about 500 calories/day. But it's very nutrient-poor so I've been warned not to cut way back to compensate. Without it my diet would be right on track :/ . Hopefully we can get things sorted out soon so I can come off it.

Exercise wise my shoulder's bugging me so yesterday I took an extra rest day and mostly hung out on the couch with the dog. No regrets. I'll get on the bike today.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hi all. Not much to say, just stopping in to say hi since I haven't in a while. I hope everyone is doing well!
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi everyone 💜 I was here multiple times before - Managed to lose 50lbs - Also managed to gain it all back, so here I am! Starting fresh 🌻🖤👍
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Down 3.5 lbs for the month, which I will take. The run this morning just hurt. I wasn't in the mood for it, but I knew I'd be glad I did it when I was back. And I am. The snow started to come down in my last mile and I am burrowing in for the day. How's everyone's Sunday?

So true. The only workout I ever regret is the one I did not do. Good on 'ya for having the discipline to workout when motiviation is lacking.
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    So another work week begins, worst time for shift workers when your Monday morning is everyone else's Friday night. Driving in seeing all the happy faces going the other way towards a weekend..
    Still mustn't grumble as at least I get 3 nights of relative peace and quiet, just roll on Monday morning when I get to return the favour to all the people starting their week :)
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Still struggling with the weight not coming off...but am still training myself to keep at a calorie deficit!
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    The gym comes in a tiny bag! Love these things, I can do a workout without leaving the office. Best purchase in ages.
  • DanoEvs
    DanoEvs Posts: 5 Member
    Hello again, 35 in March 🙌
  • rebels1216
    rebels1216 Posts: 6 Member
    So another work week begins, worst time for shift workers when your Monday morning is everyone else's Friday night. Driving in seeing all the happy faces going the other way towards a weekend..
    Still mustn't grumble as at least I get 3 nights of relative peace and quiet, just roll on Monday morning when I get to return the favour to all the people starting their week :)

With ya all the way!!! Work Thur-Mon overnights.... So disheartening coming in Fri knowing everyone is breaking free..lol
    But come Tue am.. Big 😊 and kinda revenge feeling sets in...lol

Keep grinding
  • rebels1216
    rebels1216 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey all, I'm back again, though, I think last time I was serious about this I was in the younger group.. lol

Anyhow, I've done a lot of half starts over the last nearly 10 years I've been on MFP. I believe the most I've lost is 30 lbs. I'm back at my original setpoint, the weight I was at age 14. I lost it all at age 17 and kept it off over a decade, but, then lost my way and haven't managed it again.

The good thing is that I finally know what I will actually do and what I won't do. I KNOW I won't go to a gym. I bought myself some equipment for home and put it right in the livingroom where I can shame myself into using it during a movie.

I know that I hate meal planning and I'm also terrible at it, so, I'm paying a subscription for someone to plan it for me. I don't mind cooking, but, hate planning and shopping, so PlateJoy and Instacart are doing the heavy lifting this time around.

I know myself enough to know that I despise the same meals over and over which gets me craving anything else, so, that should help. I pretty much do my best if I don't have to spend any time thinking about it. So, fingers crossed that this will be the time that works.
    At least, even if I don't lose any weight, biking 10 miles and eating a ton of veg should help my health anyways. I've been lucky and despite needing to lose 100+ lbs still have decent labwork, but, I know I'm likely on borrowed time with all that.. lol

Hi Jennifer... You got this!!! 👍
  • DanoEvs
    DanoEvs Posts: 5 Member
    Happy weekend everyone 🙌
  • jediguitarist
    jediguitarist Posts: 73 Member
    Hello everyone! Just dropping by. Haven't been to the forums in a while!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    i've been so quiet lately, sorry. Going through a lot of stuff. Welcome to the new faces, and hope everyone is doing well. If it's warm where you are, send some of it my way. MN is in the deep freeze right now...brrrrr
  • LoreleiMB66
    LoreleiMB66 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all. Starting over. I was on MyFitnessPal in November but got discouraged because of some health issues. But now I back and trying again. Let's see how long I last this time. LOLip6evc499u6e.jpg
  • mworeilly
    mworeilly Posts: 260 Member
    It’s time for me to shed that winter weight so that I can get back on the trail when spring arrives. I am hoping to drop 10lbs. Let’s see how this goes. The journaling should help.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    We had enough guys that I didn't have to lift the elliptical again yesterday, so I just got to chat with my parents while the men did the work. Instead I went for a 3 km walk on the treadmill.

It's amazing to me how much my sleep affects my appetite. I had the same breakfast yesterday and today. Last night I slept well and the meal this morning left me feeling satisfied. The night before not so much, and after breakfast yesterday I still felt like I hadn't eaten in a month! Hopefully I can keep my sleep on track so I don't wind up eating everything I see.
  • KathyDuda
    KathyDuda Posts: 1 Member
    56 and trying again. Down 52 lbs on my way to 100. Im stuck. Just did 800 cal x 5 days and 1500 over the weeked and went up half a lb. This gets frustrating after while. Very disappointed. Just wanting 2 lbs to shed weekly. Ughhhhh!