Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good afternoon,

Maureen, I had a bad headache for a couple of days. Most people do not, but they do suggest you take it easy - are you going to fly the same day?? Nothing wrong with stair work. People go to gyms and pay for that kind of work out.

Groceries this morning, hair cut/color and reading/sleeping most of day.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    ep3shkrj8296.jpeg
    *** February 7th ***

Good morning All~~

Who has the sun today? There is none here this morning in North Carolina! Boohoo ~

Waving to Sara and Lynn and Maureen and LoriAnne and Runa and Melissa and Oishii and Kathryn and Missy and Dawn and Tracy in Tennesseeeeeeeee!

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

We have partly cloudy skies today so some sun.

Today is a repeat of yesterday so not much going on and that is just fine. Monsterland tomorrow.

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 597 Member
    Cold AF today and for another full week. I thought it would be five days, max. Ugh. SO bored and SO unwilling to go anywhere--between the cold and my natural hermit tendencies. Not getting out to the dog park for this many days, and not jogging, is hard. I may have to brave the elements regardless of the cold. At least if I'm jogging, I eventually warm up. It's just the thought of getting started. And the ice--with weather this cold, anything that the sun eventually melts just refreezes soon and our roads and sidewalks are icier than usual. The dogs' feet start to freeze after 2-3 minutes so they can't be out long, either.

In other bad news, my daily calorie budget just dropped another 50 b/c I put in a new, lower weight. Not great, given that I can't offset with much exercise. Sara, you are right about the stairs--I just don't seem willing to do that, though. Maybe in a couple more days when I'm truly desperate.

My goodness, I'm making a big fuss over nothing. I'm warm, I'm safe, and I have plenty of healthy food. I'll cheer up, sooner or later :)

• mkculs13
    So, I went running. Feeling so much better. Might have to make it daily when I can't do the dog park. And it gives me a few more cals to play with, too.
  • LanaCabana537
    j0jbcvbrfn6a.jpeg
    *** February 8 ***

Hurray - the sun is out. This will make working on The Dreaded Paperwork a bit easier. No plans for exercise--I need to get this stuff done....

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Lana hope you got your paperwork done -tax season related? Mine are still waiting to be printed...

Just got off the phone with this guy and he was moderately jerk ish . Telling me I need to pay cash up front for a mobile home as there are no loans out there to get. So it is possible I am back to square one. It was so nice of me to not tell jerk to screw up into a tight little ball, but it would do me no good to get angry. So need to regroup and maybe get some more steps in.

Seems someone in our dept is positive for COVID- dont know if it is someone working at the office. Through a side of paranoia on this junk food plate.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • catgirl2289
    catgirl2289 Posts: 24 Member
    I've lost and gained so many times to even count. Lowest weight 118 highest 240 current 209. My poor metabolism. Hypothyroidism doesn't help.
  • mkculs13
    Hey, @catgirl2289, welcome. We've all been there.

I am contemplating going out for something to eat. I have the cals in my budget for the day. And the temp is still above 0, haha. I'm curious to see what I will decide.

I've been working almost 12 hours straight and I need to move. I've taken the dogs out 2x but their feet freeze, so it's back in quickly. Didn't even get up to eat except once. Hence the plentiful cals in the evening.

Taxes, yeah, gotta think about that at some point too.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Good afternoon,

Lana hope you got your paperwork done -tax season related? Mine are still waiting to be printed...

Just got off the phone with this guy and he was moderately jerk ish . Telling me I need to pay cash up front for a mobile home as there are no loans out there to get. So it is possible I am back to square one. It was so nice of me to not tell jerk to screw up into a tight little ball, but it would do me no good to get angry. So need to regroup and maybe get some more steps in.

Seems someone in our dept is positive for COVID- dont know if it is someone working at the office. Through a side of paranoia on this junk food plate.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

That’s awful about the jerkish guy. There will be other mobile homes that won’t try pressuring you.

Hope you didn’t have any contact with that person. It’s scary it’s around everywhere. I’ve known a few ppl that had it. Luckily they all recovered.
  • LanaCabana537
    8n6mgdw2qifu.jpeg
    *** February 9th ***

Good morning ☀️

Well I got The Dreaded Paperwork mostly completed and sent off to the lawyer. This is for the divorce; I haven't received all of my stuff necessary for the tax returns. I need to get that on my radar.

Sara - thank you for the card 😘

Lana
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Serial starting again. I don't want to look back. Feel free to add me. Let's do this.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Whirlwind of days. Geesh.
    Maureen - I feel every ounce of your cold frustration. I cannot wait for this cold week to be done. This is NOT supposed to happen in February.
    Lana - sending you warm thoughts. Sorry it is yuck paperwork.
    Sara I agree - something will come along. How does anyone buy a trailer if there are no loans out there? I don't think that makes sense.
    Welcome catgirl and Justin.
    I got two friend requests today from two gals that were very skinny and had very sexy poses in their photos. LOL. Not sure they will be good support in MFP journey. :smiley:

CW 196.2
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lynn, they are sending you your "after" picture motivation!!!

Lana - double scoop of hooey - taxes and divorce papers. Sorry to remind you about the 2nd scoop but those arent due until April... With you on the couch cringing. Reward yourself with a walk when you can.

Got my 6k and not grazing as much - that is the best I can say about my eating habits this week.

Monster may be in trouble. I overheard something that has nothing to do with me (whew) but until I have actual fact I will just wait. Keep you posted? Heck ya!!

Wishing all a good evening. Stay sane and safe out there.

• mkculs13
    It is always so nice to see everyone's updates.

Lynn, like you, I thought we were free and clear in Feb. So much for a "mild" winter. Making a decision this week about whether or not I'll have another winter in WI. I hate how easy it is to justify skipping a run or walk because of the weather.

I'm now within 30 lbs of "healthy" bmi. I can't believe it. It's been an off-and-on again process, but the one thing I did really differently this time was *not* regaining. I saw time as my friend--just keep going, knowing that a week or month without losing (and a few months, a couple times), didn't mean anything as long as I didn't view it as a reason to just give up. Eating at maintenance for many weeks at a time showed me I could. It required attention and effort, but no more than many people who have always been thin have to use to maintain their healthy weight. Reading and learning about the habits of those folks really helped. Some folks have no interest in overeating or in foods that "trigger" many of us, but they are rare. I remember my mom's friend telling her that she only had dessert once a week--it worked for her. It works for me if I want to maintain. It's getting harder as I lose more cals with my decreasing weight, but the habits are in place and I just need to start shaving off small parts of what I consume--a serving becomes .9 of it's previous size. Not hard once I became I aware--it was the awareness that was always lacking, the knowledge that small, slow changes make the difference over the long haul.
  • LanaCabana537
    6rawknqggo46.jpeg
    *** February 10th ***

Just getting us started. Sara - we will definitely want to hear news of Monster! Hope that she is getting closer to the door.
    Maureen and Lynn - hang in there with these temps. It's awful.
    Hello to Justin 👋🏻

*waving to Luca for more coffee*

Lana

266.6 today
    269.6 highest
    Onederland goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Wednesday.
    Same ole same ole here.
    Sara - I did do a POTM yesterday. Was quite refreshing. But then because I do not believe I am a monster I did feel bad later....spouted my mouth off not too nice to her. Oh well. I never claimed not to have a temper :wink:
    Lana - I could use a big ole cup of coffee - send Luca by when you are done~!
    Waves to all!

CW 194.6
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Week half done. Boss not too talkative. Still throwing out the odd half compliment /half insults. That is why I raised my walking steps so I would have to get out and walk off some of this toxic material.

Wednesday sounds pretty good to me.

Lynn you are practically perfect in every way - cat claw moment is good for your biochemistry.

• mkculs13
    Sara, walking is so good for getting rid of frustration. Good for you.

I have made the decision: I am moving SOUTH!!! At the end of this school year. Looking at Charlotte, NC. I'm really, really excited and rather scared :)

Stay warm, healthy, and happy.
  • LanaCabana537
    y2crlzhnabjh.jpeg
    ***February 11th***

Good morning all~~

Maureen - are you looking at Charlotte because of job opportunities there? It's a hub for American Airlines, so lots of travel options!.

I am thrilled to say that yesterday a lady I know from the walking group told me the secret to scheduling a covid vaccine (call a certain # at precisely 8AM, not even 45 or 60 seconds later!), and I have an appointment for my first shot this afternoon. Amazing that it was that tricky....

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana