Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I have popped in here about a week ago and really enjoy reading your conversations. I have not been very active on MFP for very long (about 3 months) and I wanted to share another group that has been very successful for me with finally dropping some weight. I feel I am finally going to get to my goal and make this my LAST time to have to loose weight. The group is called Ultimate Accountability Challenge. They start a new challenge each month. If you're interested in checking it out here is the link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10734822/ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2019/p1?new=1
    I look forward to popping in here more often. You have a great group here as well!
    Teri
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,872 Member
    Options

Hi Everybody~~

Yesterday went way out of control. Dang.
    Today will be better, food wise.

Lana

246.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Lana, you may have been sitting at the table next to me, come take a walk with me.......
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,780 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody~~

Yesterday went way out of control. Dang.
    Today will be better, food wise.

Lana

246.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

You and me both! I had an awful day yesterday. I would say it can only go up from here, but I know that is not the truth.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lynn, That sunrise and your dog is so beautiful. I have bare spots but still snow.

My DH & I did get a 8 mile bike ride in today. 43 degree outside, so winter coats, hat, and gloves needed. All in all it was so great to welcome spring with bikes. Jack was not happy as he had to stay home. Try to get a walk around the neighborhood at least this afternoon with him.
    We live in a small rural subdivision, 15 houses. We have an inground fence to keep Jack in our yard. When neighbors walk their dogs, they all drop in our driveway for the dogs to greet. So cute. I work with a view of the front of the house, so I might not be joining in the fun, but get to smile at all the pet friendship. I think there are 5 dogs in the neighborhood and they all get along!
    On the other hand, when Jack is walking, it is all about "hunting mode" and he wants nothing to do with his friends.

My newest obsession: fudgsicle 100 cals and so worth it. Now if I could figure out how to make the biggest juiciest cheeseburger low cal. I've been craving one so bad that I am pretty sure I will be caving soon.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    stutba do you need a hamburger bun? Or toast 1/2 of your bun and break up over Hamburger salad with all the fix-in's
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/freezer-breakfast-burritos/

https://www.skinnytaste.com/buddha-bowl/

took copies of these for possible meals soon, got my bug repellent will let you know how well it works. at least it smells better.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9247 total steps

Wonderful sun and breeze to end day so windows are open.

Wishing all a good night
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Birdie - Great job! 170s is a good milestone to break - Whoo! I bet you really start dropping when the weather cooperates and lets you outside more. Envious of the bike ride 8 miles sounds great. I am ready to break out my bike. I may need to take it in this weekend for a preseason check-up.
    Lynn - sweet pup! So pretty - Thanks for the pictures.

Tracy and Lana - I was NOT good over the weekend and it hurt me. Back on track now and was back at 180.0 this morning.

Sara - Love a pretty day when you can open up the windows!

Welcome back Teri - Thanks for the link!

Night all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Package came and so both repellent types smell pretty nice so if I have to wear it at least it doesnt make my eyes burn or choke on fumes.

Bimbambop at work - Korean meal google it, if you eat eggs you can always take out the beef......

We were told in our department meeting if we didnt get our yearly "exams" done (compliance) we would not qualify for our incentives (bonus etc) so I hope everyone heard.

Back under my rock at work for another fun filled day.

Wave to all who follow.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So we went to Bonchon Korean fried chicken again and I ordered the spicy variety instead of the usual soy garlic (BECAUSE MY HEARTBURN IS GONE WOOO) and yo it was too spicy and for me that's saying something. So I only ate 4 pieces and had a Corona so a nice little treat after IKEA shopping, which by the way now has a salmon version of their famous meatballs. I had all this chicken left over so I chopped it up with some vegetation and rice and meal prepped 6 meals!?!?

Oh and I finally was able to log back into a web browser version of MFP so that's nice.

@stutba Ah wow! That makes me want to get a bike!! Also I often use iceburg lettuce as a bun ... but then throw on an extra piece of cheese so u kno ;)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    4ij2r6oapj8k.png

qqrnidd6w7lo.png

ypu5gk2ynuog.png

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    9109 steps Tuesday
    5156 steps Wednesday
    DS flew to Utah to buy a car and drove it back. He got home last night. Yesterday was beautiful weather-wise so we spent most of the evening standing outside talking with family & friends who stopped in to see the car too. It was great until the sun went down - then it was freezing! There is no heat in my office today. I have a blanket and a space heater going. Several have left to work from home. I have to stay here to ensure that there is a presence of our division in the office. <eyeroll>
    Did not get my walking in last night with all the visiting going on. Tonight, I may just go home and do a Leslie Sansone workout dvd where its WARM!
    Had something happen that has never happened before with calorie count last night - it came out at an even 0. Usually I am over or under.

Sara - LOVE those pics! :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn I have been the person to hold down the fort day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve at past work places. One of my "kitten" coworkers wanted to know why I got to go early for New Year's Eve (mgmt traded Christmas for New Years off with me if I stayed) and Sup told "kitten" point blank - "She is why you got to go early on Christmas Eve". "Kitten" still didnt get it. Very glad she is not at my current job.

You may actually get a lot done with it so quiet. Go home and rock out that Leslie Sansone dvd.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,872 Member
    Options

PeeP!

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8460 totals steps

Lana - thanks for peeping.

Wishing all a good night.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Insight or Suggestions Welcome.

So here is the thing, I have days where I seem to breeze through the reduced calorie intake. Usually 3 days of good. Then I will struggle and usually fail for 2 days of high calorie intake. (Today was around 2000 calories. This was not a special meal or treat, it was whatever I could get me hands on to stuff my face. This did include "healthy" roast beef, potato, carrots and not so healthy treats.. So it wasn't a craving for anything in particular. Just HUNGRY!!!
    I am not stressed or depressed so I am not comfort eating. Hormonal??? (TMI... cycle ended 1 week ago and yes I am 50 and unfortunately no menopause yet).

I am losing weight, but with the 2 to 3 days a week of eating at a reduction, then binging, I am shooting myself in the foot so to speak.

I am ok with planning a high calorie day, but not with the out of control, no thought given to what I eat.

Any suggestions other than a full face guard with lock for the out of control days?

Here is to a better tomorrow.. Cheers!!!
    Wishing everyone a good night!
    Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Seems I cannot upload Friday Squirrel picture, website is having issues as well, so it all makes sense????

Birdie - are you keeping up with your water intake? Sometimes a glass of water when those cravings hit helps.

TGIF all over the place.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking on this glorious Friday
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Birdie- I struggle with being my own worst enemy some days as well. I swear we need to do a "phone me before you eat that" pact. On days like that do you find your self craving "REAL FOOD"?

The one thing I had success with when I lost weight before was keeping a journal. Not a purely "food and diet" journal (although I did include that information), but a LIFE journal. Private, not a public blog, more like a 100% brutally honest letter to myself... That was the rule - nothing hidden, and no lies. It is amazing what you will learn about yourself. I wrote what was going on in my life, how was I feeling, who or what was bringing me joy, pain, stress, anxiety, love... what was I eating, drinking, what did (or not do) active that day.
    It's amazing - when you flip back a few weeks and re-read what you have written you start to notice patterns and correlations. Me - I am a work-stress and boredom eater. Have not thought about this is a long while and just fell out of the habit... may have to start back.

In the meantime - We made it to Friday again!!
    Suzu