Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Well done Frannswaz and everyone else!

I've decided to take today as a rest day instead of tomorrow as I didn't get to bed until 4.30am and was up about 4 hours later :yawn: I'm sooo tired and I don't think my body would be able to handle Shaun T tonight so he'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Went to a Christeneing today and ate a load of calorie laden cr*p which I didn't even enjoy, only ate it because I was so hungry, I'm well over my calories today:sad:

Happy burning!!:smile:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I haven't done very well today. Managed 414 calories sitting on the exercise bike watching TV, but went slow as not feeling too good. I also went over by 200 calories :(((. Tomorrow all those essays are waiting to be marked, so doubt I'll manage a lot. I so need to win the lottery: No need to go to work, my own gym, personal trainer, nutritionist, chef, cleaner ...
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I haven't logged much these past two days because I was feeling under the weather, and was constantly on the go. I think I just needed to take a two day break and do absolutely nothing. It worked. Now I feel better and will be doing some sort of exercise later tonight . Even though I wasn't feeling well, I still felt a little guilty for not working out for two days straight. :( But I'm back on it today. I hope everyone's weekend is going great!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I haven't done very well today. Managed 414 calories sitting on the exercise bike watching TV, but went slow as not feeling too good. I also went over by 200 calories :(((. Tomorrow all those essays are waiting to be marked, so doubt I'll manage a lot. I so need to win the lottery: No need to go to work, my own gym, personal trainer, nutritionist, chef, cleaner ...

Over by 200? Pfft! This will make you feel better; I'm over by 574...and that doesn't include an ice cream I had either, ooops :blushing:
  • kanzz
    kanzz Posts: 13
    Options
    i managed to burn 154 calories with 20 minutes of stationary bike and i was under my daily calorie goal. :smile:
    and the report said said i was eating too few calories. :noway:
    but whatever i am happy with me. :laugh:
    tomorrow is a new day. lets hope for the best :happy:
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels 6wk6pk and jogged like usual. Total burn 539. Mediocre day at best. My diet was a little off too because I had a late lunch, early dinner type of thing. Sodium THROUGH THE ROOF. Good grief, I love salty foods! I'm expecting at least 1lbs of water bloat when I weigh again.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I haven't logged much these past two days because I was feeling under the weather, and was constantly on the go. I think I just needed to take a two day break and do absolutely nothing. It worked. Now I feel better and will be doing some sort of exercise later tonight . Even though I wasn't feeling well, I still felt a little guilty for not working out for two days straight. :( But I'm back on it today. I hope everyone's weekend is going great!

Im with you I feel like a slacker I rested yesterday but couldn't get motivated today so maybe like you I needed 2 days :) I have been working out 6-7 days a week lately. So no workout today and I went to Chili's mmmm but calories through the roof!! oh well hopefully tomorrow I will get back on track.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    What gear do you need for P90x? And can you substitute things if you don't want to get all the gear?

I've seen pics of great results with this prog!

We did p90x before starting Jillian Michaels. Do not buy Tony Horton's stuff it is too expensive. Go to wal-mart or some discount store. You need a set of weights, I recommend one a little lighter than your max and one at your max weight, resistance bands (get the ones that go over the door and you can use those for the pull-up, chin-up exercises too so you don't have to buy a bar- he will show you how to do it with bands), and a yoga mat (we just used a blanket). As you get to level 2 or even 3 you might need to get heavier weights. If you follow it the way you should you will see results, but honestly I am seeing faster results with Jillian MIchaels and it was a lot cheaper than p90x. My husband saw better results with p90x as its more for sculpting and shaping with some weigh loss but me being overweight I am seeing better actual weight loss with JM. I heard Tony is doing a 'overweight-weigh loss p90x' version but i have yet to see it. when it comes out i will check it out.

Thanks! Not so bad then, I have the basics, 1/2/3kg weights etc anyway, would just have to get these resistance bands. But if you think Jillian's better, i'll just keep plugging away at that. I didn't get great weight/inches results with RI30 (except cardio fitness and some strength), but i don't have much to lose. I'm quite enjoying 6 week 6 pack, it's the only thing that I really feel in my stomach muscles afterwards- AND I think i'm seeing the beginnings of abs!!!! Only in upper abs and obliques, lower abs still covered in jelly-belly. But promising none-the-less!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Yep, I've been a bit under par myself, and I know that guilty feeling so well! Glad to hear you feel better now - I do too, I think! :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    i managed to burn 154 calories with 20 minutes of stationary bike and i was under my daily calorie goal. :smile:
    and the report said said i was eating too few calories. :noway:
    but whatever i am happy with me. :laugh:
    tomorrow is a new day. lets hope for the best :happy:

Yay! Well done!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Yesterday was a strange day for me. After feeling good on all the exercise and healthy eating for ages, I suddenly felt awful. I woke up aching and feeling generally weak. Then in the morning, after a bowl of porridge, I was sitting at the computer and I had quite a bad dizzy spell. I took this as a warning, so took things easy for the whole day. I was definitely out of sorts though, and felt really really hungry all day, with intense sugar cravings. I'm wondering about my metabolism, having read a piece by someone with a BoddyBugg recently, who found that she was burning way more than MFP had estimated, just by being alive (equally though, someone else reported that she was actually a lot lower on the burn than she had thought). Over the years I have noticed that the sort of people who fidgit and naturally move about a bit are generally thinner, presumably because they just burn more being that way. I think I am more of a restless than a calm person, so maybe I should be a bit higher on the calorie intake. Difficult to know. I have been aiming for 0.5 loss per week, but have actually been losing 1.0 per week recently. What do the rest of you think?

@Frannswaz also suggested that it could be 'over-training', and yes, I certainly have stepped things up a notch since we started this challenge. 2/3hours a day does seem like a lot, when I think about it. I am not training for the Olympics, after all!

I suppose the important thing is to listen to what my body is telling me, and be sensible about things (not my strong suit, ha ha!).

Sorry, this feels like it has been a bit self-indulgent! Me, me, me, me, me, me me!

Er, how are you all? :happy:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    SO late in the game, count me in.
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    It's an interesting subject Maggie, I often compare myself with the fella, he's lean as a bean, partially genetics i reckon, but mostly because he rarely sits still for 2 mins. His job is quite physical, but mostly it's his nature, keeps moving. He eats all kinds of crap for meals (doesn't snack much tho), plenty of fried stuff, and is in v good shape without working out. I, on the other hand, have a desk job, and watch lots of tv, so i struggle! Are these Body bug things like an HRM? But to wear all day? That's be quite interesting. I wore my Polar to the supermarket the other day, was impressed to burn 175 pottering around with a trolley, and so of course bought a curly wurly at the checkout- 115cals!

Some of you ladies have been burning crazy amounts lately, so do be careful. I'm limited by my joints (which are a ***** today), and the amount i can eat (difficult without hitting the chocolate!), so i won't be winning any prizes this week. And don't be afraid to eat on your rest days, I'm sure MFP won't care if you eat some of your exercise cals on a slightly different day!
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    SO late in the game, count me in.

It's never too late!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    It's an interesting subject Maggie, I often compare myself with the fella, he's lean as a bean, partially genetics i reckon, but mostly because he rarely sits still for 2 mins. His job is quite physical, but mostly it's his nature, keeps moving. He eats all kinds of crap for meals (doesn't snack much tho), plenty of fried stuff, and is in v good shape without working out. I, on the other hand, have a desk job, and watch lots of tv, so i struggle! Are these Body bug things like an HRM? But to wear all day? That's be quite interesting. I wore my Polar to the supermarket the other day, was impressed to burn 175 pottering around with a trolley, and so of course bought a curly wurly at the checkout- 115cals!

Some of you ladies have been burning crazy amounts lately, so do be careful. I'm limited by my joints (which are a ***** today), and the amount i can eat (difficult without hitting the chocolate!), so i won't be winning any prizes this week. And don't be afraid to eat on your rest days, I'm sure MFP won't care if you eat some of your exercise cals on a slightly different day!

Very wise words Jen, thank you. I will keep that very much in mind.

Yes, the BodyBugg is a device that you wear all day (or 23 hours a day, I think) and it measures your real burn as opposed to your estimated burn. But as well as buying the device itself, you also have to pay for a subscription to be alowed access to the website (not sure what that's all about). But there is another one called 'BodyMedia Fit' which some people say is better, as in addition to the calorie burn, it also monitors your sleeep quality, and I think you can use it to train yourself to sleep better. Armaretta will be able to tell us all about it, as she has ordered one. I can't wait to hear about it (she and I are gadget fiends :bigsmile: ). I'm not too sure I would get one, as it could work out quite expensive. But in fact, I don't have the option, as they are not available in the UK. There is another one on the market here, but it hasn't been getting good reviews.

Right, off to work now, alas. :frown:

Have a good day, everybody.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Before I go, anybody who's ever done a JM routine, anyone who does planks, or anyone who appreciates the humour of English eccentrics absolutely MUST watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE_1PGGXIpU
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Yesterday was a strange day for me. After feeling good on all the exercise and healthy eating for ages, I suddenly felt awful. I woke up aching and feeling generally weak. Then in the morning, after a bowl of porridge, I was sitting at the computer and I had quite a bad dizzy spell. I took this as a warning, so took things easy for the whole day. I was definitely out of sorts though, and felt really really hungry all day, with intense sugar cravings. I'm wondering about my metabolism, having read a piece by someone with a BoddyBugg recently, who found that she was burning way more than MFP had estimated, just by being alive (equally though, someone else reported that she was actually a lot lower on the burn than she had thought). Over the years I have noticed that the sort of people who fidgit and naturally move about a bit are generally thinner, presumably because they just burn more being that way. I think I am more of a restless than a calm person, so maybe I should be a bit higher on the calorie intake. Difficult to know. I have been aiming for 0.5 loss per week, but have actually been losing 1.0 per week recently. What do the rest of you think?

@Frannswaz also suggested that it could be 'over-training', and yes, I certainly have stepped things up a notch since we started this challenge. 2/3hours a day does seem like a lot, when I think about it. I am not training for the Olympics, after all!

I suppose the important thing is to listen to what my body is telling me, and be sensible about things (not my strong suit, ha ha!).

Sorry, this feels like it has been a bit self-indulgent! Me, me, me, me, me, me me!

Maggie are you on around 1200 cals a day? As you're so close to your GW and you''ve been losing more than what you're aiming for definately put your daily calorie intake up. See how it goes and take it from there?

Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I should add that yes, I do know that this refers to the other sort of planks, as in 'planking'. But I thought it could bring a certain freshness to our routines?
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Maggie are you on around 1200 cals a day? As you're so close to your GW and you''ve been losing more than what you're aiming for definately put your daily calorie intake up. See how it goes and take it from there?

Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

Thanks Skinny. :happy:

Methinks you are probably right. I'm on 1280 a day. As it's Sunday now, I think I'll wait until my Tuesday weigh day and see what's happened this week. It occurred to me that it might also be a hormonal thing - those fluctuations hit us 'women of a certain age' in the strangest ways sometimes. (Note of advice to you all - don't go through the menopause! :laugh: )
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    Didn't do any exercise yesterday had a birthday party and of course Football (american) :) has started! LOVE WATCHING! So also had bad food! Going to church this morning but am going ot try and do something later since, apparently I need sleep because I slept 10.5 hours comfortably! OOO and thank God the kids slept too ALL NIGHT! So I feel AWESOME today! HOpe everyone has a GREAT Sunday! :)