Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Tastes better than it looks but only 110 calories for this massive plate of spaghetti and cauliflower. Added no salt salt stevia Italian seasoning all purpose seasoning onion powder garlic powder.

Love eating super low calorie “normal sized” meals so I can save my calories elsewhere.

Except that shiratake noodles are not spaghetti :) but for volumizing things... great.

They taste like spaghetti to me with the way I cook them! And I only like a certain brand. Although I never eat regular wheat noodles so maybe I’m biased lol.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Tastes better than it looks but only 110 calories for this massive plate of spaghetti and cauliflower. Added no salt salt stevia Italian seasoning all purpose seasoning onion powder garlic powder.

Love eating super low calorie “normal sized” meals so I can save my calories elsewhere.

Except that shiratake noodles are not spaghetti :) but for volumizing things... great.

They taste like spaghetti to me with the way I cook them! And I only like a certain brand. Although I never eat regular wheat noodles so maybe I’m biased lol.

Did you ever try the Palmini, heart of palm, noodles? Excellent. Great taste and texture right out of the can.

I eat those all the time and it's amazing. Yum yum.
  • Noreenmarie1234

Did you ever try the Palmini, heart of palm, noodles? Excellent. Great taste and texture right out of the can.

They recently came out with rice. I ordered it yesterday because they had a prime sale.

4jfcf7nsyhvy.png
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Not as low cal but spiraling zucchini and spagetti squash too.
  • chris89topher

They recently came out with rice. I ordered it yesterday because they had a prime sale.

4jfcf7nsyhvy.png

I've seen those too and want to try it. Let us know how it is!
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2020

4jfcf7nsyhvy.png

I think Palmini even manufactures hearts of palm in "lasagna sheets". :)
    (Forgive me, please, if I am mistaken or if another Pal has already mentioned this and I've failed to notice!)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    mytyglotz wrote: »

4jfcf7nsyhvy.png

I think Palmini even manufactures hearts of palm in "lasagna sheets". :)
    (Forgive me, please, if I am mistaken or if another Pal has already mentioned this and I've failed to notice!)

No, it is them! I buy them occasionally!
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member

4jfcf7nsyhvy.png

Were these any good?
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    Being whole food plant eater I'm not scared of carbs. I don't really weigh anything. When I am full I stop eating lol I know fibers won't let me overeat.
    I ate this way for years and I've always been at optimal weight. In the last couple of years I ate too much junk food and I went up to 230lbs. Now I'm back on track and I'm already down to 190lbs.
    I'm pretty much a boring eater. Always the same lol
    A very easy menu. I just don't eat any oil or butter and no dressing or sauces for my veggies.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    moogie_fit wrote: »

4jfcf7nsyhvy.png

Were these any good?

Yes!! Just as good as the noodles. I loved them. I think I prefer them slightly above miracle rice. I like the texture better.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Huge plate only 130 calories. The “miracle” rice is the best out of a few brands I’ve had. Just seasoned with Morton’s seasoned salt and cooked in a pan and it tastes like those seasoned instant rice sides.

The texture was amazing for these. Not chewy at all. cq47ky33dwdv.jpeg
    g7ni8sj97gn7.jpeg

• chris89topher
    Huge plate only 130 calories. The “miracle” rice is the best out of a few brands I’ve had. Just seasoned with Morton’s seasoned salt and cooked in a pan and it tastes like those seasoned instant rice sides.

The texture was amazing for these. Not chewy at all. cq47ky33dwdv.jpeg
    g7ni8sj97gn7.jpeg

That looks pretty good! Added to my shopping list to try.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I've been eating a plant based diet for a little while now and I love it. I love how I can eat a huge amount of food and it's not that many calories. I haven't been counting calories and my weight isn't going up, even with my giant portions. I love that I discovered eating this way. Just ate a big salad with greens, chick peas, avocado, roasted sweet potato and pumpkin seeds. I'm looking for a good oil free or low-oil dressing that I can throw together - any ideas? I usually make some sort of vinegar and olive oil dressing (with other stuff too) but it's pretty heavy on the oil.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I've been eating a plant based diet for a little while now and I love it. I love how I can eat a huge amount of food and it's not that many calories. I haven't been counting calories and my weight isn't going up, even with my giant portions. I love that I discovered eating this way. Just ate a big salad with greens, chick peas, avocado, roasted sweet potato and pumpkin seeds. I'm looking for a good oil free or low-oil dressing that I can throw together - any ideas? I usually make some sort of vinegar and olive oil dressing (with other stuff too) but it's pretty heavy on the oil.

If you are making your own dressing, can you reduce amount of oil in your recipe? If you are accustomed to the taste, you can try to gradually decrease the amount of oil and see how you like it. I don't use any oil in my salad dressing, it's vinegar based with hot sauce. I like spicy food, so i tend to go on the spicy side. I also make and my own mango chutney when it's mango season, and store it canned for the remainder of the year.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »

If you are making your own dressing, can you reduce amount of oil in your recipe? If you are accustomed to the taste, you can try to gradually decrease the amount of oil and see how you like it. I don't use any oil in my salad dressing, it's vinegar based with hot sauce. I like spicy food, so i tend to go on the spicy side. I also make and my own mango chutney when it's mango season, and store it canned for the remainder of the year.

That's what I would do (reduce the oil). I am fond of olive oil and of vinaigrettes, so prefer not to exclude the oil entirely, but I tend to have much more vinegar/much less oil than the normal ratio for a vinaigrette.

I also like vinegar (red wine vinegar is great) plus a spicy mustard and some garlic as a dressing.

For something more Asian-themed, a good basic option is soy sauce + sriracha (or the like) + lime juice, and one can play around with that.

There are lots of recipes for creamy dressings using cashews as the source of the "cream" too -- I've tried some but tend to not be into creamy dressings most of the time, so haven't experimented much.
  • Noreenmarie1234

I’ve never used oil in my dressing. I feel like it is a waste of calories. I usually put hot sauce, a good quality balsamic vinegar, lots of spices, truvia, and Dijon mustard on my salads and have no need for oil or dressing.

(I love 0 calorie Walden farms balsamic though.)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^^that's really good for a 'Keto' product....Every time I see a product labeled as 'Keto', I immediately think that they have high calories but no carbs. lol!🤣