What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    60 mins elliptical
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Half hour stationary bike, all but 1' below 70%, while simultaneously talking on the phone with a friend. 😆

Earlier in evening: Automated survey from my new health insurance company, follow-up to doctor appointment. Asked if my doctor talked with me about benefits of exercise for fall prevention, etc. I said no. (My doctor has met me, y'know? 😆). Had to listen to an extended recorded lecture about how good it is to stay active while aging (I'm 65), and how I should talk with my doctor about it. Then, because it misprocessed my answer to the next question (unrelated), it looped me through the "activity is beneficial" recorded lecture THREE TIMES.

Another highlight: I have BPPV (vertigo) spells, so when it asked if I'd fallen lately, I said yes. (Bad, admittedly.) It suggested I talk with my doctor about using a cane or walker. Honestly, folks, I don't quite think I'm there yet. I do need to stop whipping my head around fast, ever, though. 🙄

My wife had BPPV so bad years ago it wasn't funny. I had to call an ambulance one time for her. Probably the result of a bad softball accident she had (105 stitches and complete nose reconstruction -- nearly killed her).

But anyway, after a few years of not really getting anywhere, we found a Balance Center that did Epley Maneuvers and diagnosis. The Italians have figured out how to reposition the inner ear "crystals" that get out place back into place. If you find someone good, they can tilt your head back, watch your eyes, and figure out how to assist you. My wife, of course, was the difficult one and had a middle ear imbalance (uncommon) -- they rolled her with 3 barrel rolls in one direction and then she slept all night with her head up. After that, she didn't have another episode for a decade. Physical therapists know way more about this stuff than docs. If you continue to have issues, find a Balance Center that knows about the Epley Maneuvers. It was life changing for my wife.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited February 2021
    Did a 2K X 3 row today again w/ 5 minute breaks. Same row I did a few weeks ago. Improved by .8 second average from 2:11.6 to 2:10.8. At the start of the month, wanted to break 2:10. Closer, but I'm not sure I have it in me to do it next Friday again. HR hit 88% max on first one (8:40), then 90%, then 93% on last one. Second was the fastest and fell of a bit on the 3rd.

Lifting tonight.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell lunges
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell row
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Decline sit ups
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    bike trainer ride tonight. 1:16:00 Tempo session

15min warmup to endurance output
    Then 3 rounds, 8min tempo/4 min recovery output
    Then 20 min endurance output
    5 min cooldown
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I did chest and got trapped under a barbell 😒😳🤣
  • MikePfirrman
    Did another lighter lift last night. Gradually ramping it back up. Finally hooked up my heavy ropes and did that for a while. Pullups, 100 pushups or so, cable flys, 20 inch plyo box jumps (yeah, I know, not very impressive but I'm old!), 50 lb step ups, 60 lb shoulder presses, lots of 30 lb slam balls (loving these), dips, tricep pullovers and some assisted pistol squats on the Total Gym. Also used the Plyo Box for some bridges.

Taking it slow. I hate DOMS. So far, I seem to be finding a nice balance of not going too hard but feeling sore, but not ridiculously so.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Deadlifts
    Step ups
    Machine chest press
    Seated row
    Machine shoulder press
    10 minute walk on treadmill, just to finish my booked hour at the gym.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    ysgs1fa57ep9.jpeg
    3 rounds each, 45 seconds each exercise. Plus the “starter” and “finisher”....it was a lot!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    15 min's elliptical
    15 KBell Swing
    15 Pull-ups
    50 Hanging Leg Raises

12/8/4
    Bench
    Hammer Curls
    Chest Press
    Dbell Curls
    Flys
    Overhead Press
    Cable X Over
    Waiter Curls
    Landmine Press
    Rope Ext
    Rope Curls
    Rev Grip Ext

Sporty Abs (40 reps)
    Rower/Cable Crunches/Knee Tucks/Rev Crunches/Situps/Flutter Kicks/Crunches/Banded Crunches/Mtn Climbers
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    Yesterday, I managed an hour's climb over lunch.

Today, I did an hour's climbing. This was a bit of a blunder, as I hadn't recovered from the previous day.

I then did a 12 mile walk. I am getting unfit - this left me feeling tired and hungry.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Coastal recovery ride to and from city on the flats. Not gonna lie, felt nice to cruise after doing nothing but climbing pretty much all year mjf07f2ptuib.png
    gdc1i9xit4j4.jpeg
  • Djproulx
    Swim and run day yesterday.

Run: 91 minutes, after warmup of 10 min, repeat 4 x's (15min aerobic pace, 2 min threshold pace, 2 min recovery pace) cooldown pace. Cold wind blowing the fresh snow made this uncomfortable at times. Glad I had both a hood and neck gaitor.

Swim: Much better than the run. Mostly a technique session.
    warmup: 200
    Kick: 200 with board, snorkel, fins
    Breathing set: 4 x 100 (25left, 25 right, 25 B every 3rd, 25 b every 5th)
    Pull: 200 Paddles and ez kicks
    Strip set: 2 x (3x200, done as:200 snorkel& pull buoy, 200 pull buoy, 200 free)
    cooldown: 200

Longish bike followed by brick run planned for today.
  • Djproulx
    Coastal recovery ride to and from city on the flats. Not gonna lie, felt nice to cruise after doing nothing but climbing pretty much all year mjf07f2ptuib.png
    gdc1i9xit4j4.jpeg

Nice ride. Slightly envious of the warm temps and outdoor riding, since our roads are icy!
  • Djproulx
    Last training day before leaving for a cycling trip in Florida. Did a bike/run brick session.

Bike: 1:50:00 Endurance to Sweet Spot intervals. Hit all outputs from Sprint to Half Iron distance

15 min warmup at various paces, then:
    25m @ endurance output 150w
    15m @ Tempo 175 w
    10m @ Sweet Spot 190w
    15m @ Tempo 175w
    20m @ endurance 150w
    10m cooldown. Then jumped off the bike and right into a brief transition run

Run: 25 min at easy endurance pace 10:15

Rest day tomorrow. Fly on Tuesday, then ride bikes from Miami to Key West on Wednesday and Thursday. Should be fun.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,610 Member
    edited February 2021
    Today, 2 x 2k rowing machine + row in/out & CD, for 4590m total; plus 32' core exercises.

Yesterday, 35' stationary bike.

Both days, sun salutation, hip mobility exercises, twists before breakfast.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Half hour stationary bike, all but 1' below 70%, while simultaneously talking on the phone with a friend. 😆

Earlier in evening: Automated survey from my new health insurance company, follow-up to doctor appointment. Asked if my doctor talked with me about benefits of exercise for fall prevention, etc. I said no. (My doctor has met me, y'know? 😆). Had to listen to an extended recorded lecture about how good it is to stay active while aging (I'm 65), and how I should talk with my doctor about it. Then, because it misprocessed my answer to the next question (unrelated), it looped me through the "activity is beneficial" recorded lecture THREE TIMES.

Another highlight: I have BPPV (vertigo) spells, so when it asked if I'd fallen lately, I said yes. (Bad, admittedly.) It suggested I talk with my doctor about using a cane or walker. Honestly, folks, I don't quite think I'm there yet. I do need to stop whipping my head around fast, ever, though. 🙄

My wife had BPPV so bad years ago it wasn't funny. I had to call an ambulance one time for her. Probably the result of a bad softball accident she had (105 stitches and complete nose reconstruction -- nearly killed her).

But anyway, after a few years of not really getting anywhere, we found a Balance Center that did Epley Maneuvers and diagnosis. The Italians have figured out how to reposition the inner ear "crystals" that get out place back into place. If you find someone good, they can tilt your head back, watch your eyes, and figure out how to assist you. My wife, of course, was the difficult one and had a middle ear imbalance (uncommon) -- they rolled her with 3 barrel rolls in one direction and then she slept all night with her head up. After that, she didn't have another episode for a decade. Physical therapists know way more about this stuff than docs. If you continue to have issues, find a Balance Center that knows about the Epley Maneuvers. It was life changing for my wife.

Thanks, Mike!

I had a PT referral for Epley at one point, but the vertigo backed off and I skipped doing it. It's very rare/mild now, but this was one of those comedy of errors events: Squeezing into a corner behind furniture to fetch something dropped, stepped on the handle of an loop exercise tubing that's anchored to a table leg for abduction/adduction exercises, lost balance, whipped around to stabilize, trigger minor vertigo on top of the lost balance, fell anyway. Way stupid, in several ways. 🙄
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Under the pump so quick run

5un4ds2tmd62.png
  • dolorsit
    dolorsit Posts: 92 Member
    v4ho70yt74ck.png

Longest run I've done in the last few years. Felt pretty good.
  • MikePfirrman
    Yesterday was 45 row, 2 hours of work outside (installing solar lights, hammering and digging holes for each post). Did a lot of other stuff around the house. By the time I made dinner, I was spent.

Did manage to do a very, very light lift last night, but not a lot, to be honest. Left shoulder was hurting just a bit, so I figured after all the yard work, I'd not push it.
  • JadeMC42
    JadeMC42 Posts: 25 Member
    Track workout - 60 mins
    400m sprint, 50 push-ups, 20 squats
    400m sprint, 40 push-ups, 30 squats
    400m sprint, 30 push-up, 40 squats
    400m sprint, 20 push-ups, 50 squats
    800m sprint
    200m AMRAP 10 burpees after each

By COB
    -Yoga 60 mins
    -weight circuit 60 minutes