Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    >:)o:)>:)o:)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    We have begun the thawing process here. All is good so far. Hubs and I chipped off all the ice on our upper back porch, it was about 1/2" thick in most places. It was melting and I didn't want it to run into the laundry room. I don't think it actually would have, but it looked like it could so hubs appeased me and we worked at it to get it done. The lower porch is still about 1/2 covered, but the sun will eventually get it and it won't get near the house so it is on its own :smiley: .

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Tom stopped with the dogs and it was wonderful.. got to see them and give them treats..
    He stayed about 1/2 - 45 minutes and i so enjoyed it..
    I sent Tom back with all of his meds heartguard,etc...and food
    I took 2 small naps today and am hoping i will be able to sleep tonight
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 39min 46sec, 3.19ap, 84ahr, 114mhr, 5.30mi= 657c
    Strava app = 643c
    Walk to home for fridge delivery- 23.37min, 2.58ap, 1.15mi= 97c
    Strava app = 140c

Total cal 754
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Birth Month is April: Spotless? Bwahahaha!

When I do get round to it, Yes! But I tend to get distracted by the old things I find, which can make more mess....
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Tracey so glad you are feeling better! Hope it continues to improve. 😀

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    1gz11jeskrs6.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did a pilates DVD today. Tomorrow I think I’ll do a yoga DVD. It seems I didn’t bring down many pilates DVD’s, but I do have some yoga and stretching ones so they’ll do

Kate UK – I don’t know that I agree that the younger people should have been vaccinated first. Elderly people, while probably not going out as much, still need to go to doctors appts (and they probably have more than the younger people) and need to purchase groceries. Many go out to eat and while they don’t absolutely need to, neither do younger people. Elderly people are more likely to have to go to the hospital than younger people and they probably need to go to the pharmacy more than younger people. Admitted, a lot of pharmacies and food places deliver, but they can deliver to younger people just as well. An older person is more likely to need an OTC med asap more than a younger person

Lisa – what an adventure! I always used to keep some sand in my trunk. Also added weight to the back of the car

In the 50’s today. Brrrr...it’s cold for FL

Bought new cushions for the chairs on the porch here. Used all my Lowe’s Hardware gift cards. Then realized how many dead bugs there were (I didn’t even know they were there) on the porch so started out vacuuming the porch and did the entire condo. Also cleaned the paddles on the fans. They, honestly, probably haven’t been cleaned since MIL passed away 16 years ago. And she lived in PA at least one year before then. Well, we only use it a bit each year. They weren’t as dusty as I was afraid they’d be.

Think I’ll go to church tonight. It’s been a week since the second shot so I’m thinking that I’ll be OK.

When we first got to FL gas was $2.29. One week later we bought gas, it was $2.59. I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse!

Allie – so happy you got to spend time with the dogs. That’ll help so much in your recovery

Did a load of laundry today. How do we make so much laundry??? Steve is going to come here the 27th and stay until the 1st.

Everyone...have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Michele now in fl
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Tracey - so glad your pain is lessening! It is so exhausting when it goes on for so long--glad you are getting the care you need from your doctor.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛🤎🧡❤️
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am feeling extremely fortunate. My power went out for 2 hours Wednesday morning, but came back on and stayed on. I never lost water supply and the boil order for water was lifted this morning. I have no frozen or broken pipes. Temps were in the 50’s today so the roads are now clear.

It was a stressful week wondering what was going to happen with the power supply. I have friends whose homes were without power for days. The announcement was that there would be rolling blackouts for 15 - 45 minutes, but that was not the case. So people stayed home thinking power would be restored at anytime.

I am grateful for electricity, natural gas, and drinkable water. Also that my house is not 100% electric. I have a gas fireplace and hot water heater. I am grateful that I did not have to drive anywhere.

I did have an opossum fall in the pool and drown that I had to fish out. I have not been brave enough to check the skimmer, I’ll leave that to the pool guy to deal with any critters in there next week.

Kelly, I hope your daughter and family made it through the week with no issues.

Cathy in Arlington, TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    3c911668mbft.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Had the most wonderful morning. The weather has changed and is now warm for the time of year. I haven't been out for a walk for over a week, so I decided to go out early, after breakfast, in order to avoid the crowds.
    I set off jogging :D Very slowly, but definitely jogging.
    I turned on my Running Playlist and set it to shuffle. As I ran down the road, out came "It’s My Turn", followed by "Proud" and on it went. I was on the edge of tears.
    I did run the whole 5k. :D Half way through I turned on to one of my favourite radio programmes, Broadcasting House. It's presented by Paddy O'Connell, who is one of my Dream Dinner Party guests.
    What a great morning! When I went out at 8.35 it was mainly just runners out and about. By the time I turned for home at just after 9 the seafront was filling up with strollers. Two women were sitting in the waves. :o
    It all felt very appropriate and hopeful, given the good news about the vaccine this morning. Boris hopes to have vaccinated all adults by the end of July. Rates of infection are falling fast.
    As someone once said, 'It’s not the end, but it's the end of the beginning.'

Sending love to all those who are still suffering cold, or burst pipes etc. KATLA, hope you get your vaccine soon. :'(

Tracey - I hope your recovery continues. Great news. I will have to wait and see if this run has irritated my gluteal strain.

Lisa - I very much enjoyed your tale of one woman against the elements. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all...

So glad some of you enjoyed my big day out story. I realized after I'd written it up that what pleases me most about the whole thing was the reassurance that I am capable of rescuing myself. Don't get me wrong, I am madly in love with my husband and incredibly grateful that he's in my life, and have no intention of losing him... but knowing that if the worst happened, I wouldn't be useless and unable to cope is reassuring. Choosing to depend on someone is one thing--depending on someone because I have no choice is a horrible feeling.

My little adventure helped reassure me that I can deal with my world, no matter what it throws at me. I have always had an internal locus of control, although it is relatively moderate. Some things are simply beyond my control, but I struggle with that. Letting the world work me over for months last summer, mentally, physically and emotionally, disturbed me at levels that I'm just now beginning to get over.

Too deep a subject for a lazy Sunday morning, I'm thinking. :)

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Just found out that i won £30 in the National Lottery last night! :D
    It's been a very good day, so far.

I've also ordered Bea a jigsaw of the UK as an extra present to give her on her actual birthday. Plus a birthday card. Shops are not open in England. I remember having a similar one as a child and it was a huge help with knowing where all the counties are.
    DH has just finished his 1,000 piece jigsaw of the USA, with all the state capitals. We are learning them for our quizzes. Previously he has done, Flags and Capitals of the World, the Periodic Table, the Tree of Life, and now this one. I think we are looking for Central Asia next, or Africa.

DDIL and my son were over the moon to receive their Letterbox flowers from us yesterday. :D:D:D I said in the message how very grateful we are to them for keeping us in the loop over lockdown. They have organised the Zooms and sent photos and videos. It's meant a lot. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    done today
    walked half hour
    wrote up plans for the week more or less
    espresso (no milk or sugar)
    got fancy GF pastry, not mad about this one, put half in the fridge for tomorrow or tuesday
    worked on union-type stuff major letter in early morning.

grateful
    very pleasant weather
    ability to walk
    bakery where i get espresso has tables outside (no place does now, because has generally been illegal since 1 November or so)

to do today
    mostly relax and kick back :D