WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,832 Member
    Getting to know you question ...

What is your favourite season of the year and why?
    Remember that seasons may not be the 4 I think most of us are familiar with. It could be you live or have lived in an area that has something different.

AUSTRALIA’S SEASONS
    https://www.australia.com/en/facts-and-planning/australias-seasons.html
    Summer
    Autumn
    Winter
    Spring
    Wet
    Dry
    Depending on where, in Australia, you happen to be. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Getting to know you question ...

What is your favourite season of the year and why?
    Remember that seasons may not be the 4 I think most of us are familiar with. It could be you live or have lived in an area that has something different.

M in Oz

My favourite season is summer.
    Why?
    Because I love the warmth, the longer daylight hours, the more established foliage and flowers, the light clothing, and the somewhat more relaxed feeling. :)

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Dog and I managed to get out and feed critters this afternoon before it started pouring rain. I spent some time on overdue paper work today. I am glad to get that out of the way. Thought we might have our cabin rented for the next month but that did not work out. She found a place closer to where she is going to be working.

Katla - Hope you get that phone call soon.

Allie - Take care. When can you bring Alfie home?

Lisa - Your story of the car in the driveway reminded me of trying to get out of the driveway when we lived in Sioux Falls and had ice. It is funny afterwards but mightily frustrating at the time.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Eeeee
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka: Summer is also my favorite season. I was born in late July and crave the summer sunlight. We buy bright light bulbs for our house and they help me get through fall and winter with a happier outlook. The cost of the bulbs was worth it, and they seem to last a long time. :star: The days are now slowly getting longer. Good news! :bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Hi Gals,
    Allie – take care don’t let Tom get to you. Referring him to your lawyer is a great idea.

Season – in Northern California we have “4” seasons but not as dramatic as some of you – we also have a wet and a dry season - Dry is Late May through November maybe or later –and by dry I mean NO rain at all. And Wet is the other 6 months…. Some years it is less wet. So my favorite of the wet/dry is definitely WET but of the wet l like the transition times spring and fall. My least favorite is Summer it is way to hot (for me over 78F (25.5C) is hot, 85F (29C) is crazy hot and everything else is awful – LOL) but it is nice to have some warm days like today it was 70F (21C) which is delightful for me.
    Smiles Kim, in Northern California
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    I love Fall! Sweater weather is great for long walks in colorful splendor. Crisp, cool mornings but sunny dry and warm in the afternoons. I feel like it is the calm between racing through summer and prepping for the holidays. I am a big fan of Fall. But I do like living somewhere that has all four seasons as they each bring their own special times.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    We have 4 seasons: Flood, Fire, Earthquake, and Drought. Earthquake season is completely unpredictable. I don't have a favorite. They are equally terrible.

Tina in southern CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Did a step DVD today. Tomorrow I’ll probably do an extreme strength DVD

After exercise went to WalMart, came home, and then went back to WalMart with Vince. But first we stopped at the SPCA thrift store. They are usually good for their exercise DVD’s. I’m getting to the point where a lot of them I say “I have it”. Came home and went in the pool, then made dinner to microwave, then to the health food store then trying to find the church’s thrift store which I couldn’t find I did find the titusville souvenir store so I went in there. Then SavALot to return these hooks I got. Then home for dinner and then mahjongg.

M – thanks for the info about converting kj to calories. I found some good recipes, but I didn’t know how good they were since they were only in kj’s. I prefer summer for all the reasons you do.

Katla – I sure hope you get those vaccinations Update: Oh no

Not much to say today. Everyone have a great evening.

Michele in FL
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Evening ladies again
    Couldnt sleep so I am watching HGTV and checking in with you...
    I am guessing the better I get the less sleep I need ,so i will stay awake until im ready to fall asleep.
    I have to renew my library card,so cant get anything until I do that.. audible is an expensive thing im trying to curtail spending..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Uuuuu
  • Machka9
    rcbr8jvhma4u.png
  • Machka9
    exermom wrote: »
    M – thanks for the info about converting kj to calories. I found some good recipes, but I didn’t know how good they were since they were only in kj’s. I prefer summer for all the reasons you do.

Michele in FL

You can do quick conversions in Google, and the accurate amount is to divide the kj by 4.184. But a really quick conversion on the fly is divide by 4.

• Machka9
    dandl1986 wrote: »
    I love Fall! Sweater weather is great for long walks in colorful splendor. Crisp, cool mornings but sunny dry and warm in the afternoons. I feel like it is the calm between racing through summer and prepping for the holidays. I am a big fan of Fall. But I do like living somewhere that has all four seasons as they each bring their own special times.

Autumn is my second favourite season ... especially if it remains as warm as summer. :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2021
    Regarding Texas: I have a dear friend who is living there with her son’s family. We taught together for years. I hope they are safe and able to stay warm. I also hope that food supplies are available to all Texans. I haven’t checked in on that news in a day or two. We all have a fitness friend living in TX. I hope Cheri is warm and has clean drinking water and food. Katla

We have our electricity on full now and our area has safe water.

Many people suffered burst pipes which will be an ongoing job getting fixed. Many students living in the various apt complexes have been displaced. There are numerous areas of Texas that have storm related issues that continue.

What a freak week in winter weather for an entire state that had no winter disaster preparedness!

Cheri
    🌛😴🌜
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    For those of you who are Facebook be aware there is a hack going on that looks like a friend is sending you a you-tube video. When you open it you are hacked. This happened to me tonight. I reported it to Facebook and then had to change my password. I think I stopped it from going to any of my friends on Facebook. I called a couple of friends and they did not see anything like this from me. The friends I have in common with this friend I did alert to let them know not to open this message.

We have enough going on what a bother. So I am alerting you so it doesn't happen to you.

I also cleared my cookies out of my Browser as a precaution too. I do this routinely and especially after something like this.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Favorite season: spring
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    dandl1986 wrote: »

You said this so well, my go to is always Fall when I’m asked, I think my September birthday has something to do with it. However, when I think about it there is something to be said for all the seasons, the smell in the air changes and it’s always something to look forward to, good or bad.

Tracey
  • Machka9
    For those of you who are Facebook be aware there is a hack going on that looks like a friend is sending you a you-tube video. When you open it you are hacked. This happened to me tonight. I reported it to Facebook and then had to change my password. I think I stopped it from going to any of my friends on Facebook. I called a couple of friends and they did not see anything like this from me. The friends I have in common with this friend I did alert to let them know not to open this message.

We have enough going on what a bother. So I am alerting you so it doesn't happen to you.

I also cleared my cookies out of my Browser as a precaution too. I do this routinely and especially after something like this.

That has been going around for the past couple years at least. I don't open any videos sent to me in message from any friends. It is not a good idea.

But timely warning for those who have not been warned before. :)

Also ...

Don't do the quizzes and games that have you choosing the first letter of your first name and birth month etc. or anything that asks you to copy and paste.

How Hackers Use Social Engineering to Get Passwords on Facebook
    https://www.zerofox.com/blog/innocuous-facebook-quizzes-attacker-intel-goldmines/

COPY AND PASTE PLEA EXPOSES YOUR IDENTITY
    https://scambusters.org/copyandpaste.html

M in Oz