Suits

Replies

• Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    5ofseven wrote: »
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Welcome to the 1960s board room photo.

Suit is a Suit Supply Napoli, 42L, in navy with black Prince of Wales pattern.

“Does this suit make my hands look big?”
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

All the better to shush your mouth with, my dear. 🐺
  • Sofiapilla
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ like that’ll stop the insults
  • 5ofseven
    edited February 2021
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ like that’ll stop the insults

Maybe I just like the sound of muffled :bigsmile:

Seriously though, my hands are very normal sized; a good size; the best, even /trumpcomplex
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    edited February 2021
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Sure is nice to see your face... Especially when the rest of you is in a suit. Exquisite.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

This one is (what’s the word I’m looking for here...) more traditional (?) than what you usually wear?
  • 5ofseven
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Sure is nice to see your face... Especially when the rest of you is in a suit. Exquisite.

Exquisite?! That's...that's somewhere in the realm of pretty. I like being called pretty. :blushing:
  • 5ofseven
    edited February 2021
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

This one is (what’s the word I’m looking for here...) more traditional (?) than what you usually wear?

Yeah, that's likely right, or at least should seem so. It's slightly(?) more likely that this is what I usually wear - quiet, reserved, traditional. What I photograph more is the mixed pattern stuff, or something flashier or with more texture.

I probably have a near equal split in terms of what I own - plenty of casual or unusual suits and jackets, though nothing super loud - but also 6-8 reserved ones that get the greater number of wears.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Yeah, that's likely right, or at least should seem so It's slightly(?) more likely that this is what I usually wear - quiet, reserved, traditional. What I photograph more is the mixed pattern stuff, or something flashier or with more texture.

I probably have a near equal split in terms of what I own - plenty of casual or unusual suits and jackets, though nothing super loud - but also 6-8 reserved ones that get the greater number of wears.

Yeah, well, I don’t want to brag here, but I am presently enjoying the second suit of my life from none other than the finest low class northern Ontario mall.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,023 Member
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Totally thought you were a chick - RomainCalm maybe - sorry to hear of your family’s loss man - it’s been a rough year all around it seems -
    your suit game is on point my friend - as for me I’m the 40 yo tee shirt and hoodie guy - but one day I’ll suit up - maybe possibly- hope we see you down the road homie bro
  • 5ofseven
    edited February 2021
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Totally thought you were a chick - RomainCalm maybe - sorry to hear of your family’s loss man - it’s been a rough year all around it seems -
    your suit game is on point my friend - as for me I’m the 40 yo tee shirt and hoodie guy - but one day I’ll suit up - maybe possibly- hope we see you down the road homie bro

RomainCalm is a solid guess, I should be so lucky. Thank you for your thoughts, too.

I wear hoodies too! I realize everyone here probably visualizes me in this stuff, but I do have several and I wear them frequently at work with dark jeans or chinos, and it comprises much of my work from home gear. They are just a little bit refined version - merino wool mixed with acrylic, so they look a touch more dressed up, but definitely are casual and the acrylic helps durability and keeps wrinkles away. It's like a sweater meets a hoodie, but without the sagging of cotton. Under $30 on Amazon for most colors if you want to give it a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07P3NN6MC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  • cowsfan12
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Okay listen, my preference is to poke fun at you amap but my guy, your enthusiasm for dressing well is contagious and paying off in spades. Your mother might’ve been a hamster, etc, but you look pretty damn excellent

Hrmph

You’re pretty damn excellent homie
  • Sofiapilla
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Okay listen, my preference is to poke fun at you amap but my guy, your enthusiasm for dressing well is contagious and paying off in spades. Your mother might’ve been a hamster, etc, but you look pretty damn excellent

Hrmph

Up top 🖐🏻
  • cowsfan12
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Hrmph

Up top 🖐🏻

cmg05md185jh.gif

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

Exquisite?! That's...that's somewhere in the realm of pretty. I like being called pretty. :blushing:

It is an odd adjective... I'll give you that... But really, some of these suits look so fine they ARE beautiful in their own right. A fine tailored suit is like a work of art.

Sadly... All I've ever had has been Walmart poster print... But damn, I sure do appreciate a Rembrandt when I see it.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    s64btdbm7pmj.jpeg

Back to pictures

It is an odd adjective... I'll give you that... But really, some of these suits look so fine they ARE beautiful in their own right. A fine tailored suit is like a work of art.

Sadly... All I've ever had has been Walmart poster print... But damn, I sure do appreciate a Rembrandt when I see it.

Well said. :) Rembrandts all over the place in here.
  • 5ofseven
    edited March 2021
    t4aias92i086.jpg

Bonobos Italian wool in athletic fit jacket, 40L. Pants are slim fit in 33 waist. One of my cheapest suits due to the lack of alterations, this one has had no tailoring at all. 🪡

Tie is a charcoal grenadine silk, shirt is Bonobos tailored fit with charcoal and teal check. Shoes not shown are dark brown whole cut brogues.

r0f9agp5q2rc.jpg