Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: I imagine the genetic testing will help them make a good treatment plan for you. I hope it turns out to be very helpful, and leads to you feeling better and better as time goes along. :star:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Im freezing ,but dont have a fever... have my robe on over my clothes.
    Another 1/2 hr before telemed visit.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Being that husband is 60, healthy except for the transplant, he does not meet the criteria for vaccination presently. Its strange.
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Viv UK: We had our first vaccinations yesterday and it was Pfizer. My arm is sore, but not too bad. I had a little bit of headache, too, also not too bad. My second vaccination is supposed to be on March 30. I look forward to it. :star:

Rebecca: The deviled eggs are beyond cute. The problem is that they have faces—no way could I eat one of them. I’d feel like a cannibal. :noway:

Barbie: I also use my phone to read books. I listened to audio books for all the years that I commuted to work but have not continued with it since retirement. DH is usually with me on longer car rides and the audio books irritate him. :ohwell: The penguin eggs are appealing. Since they don’t have faces I might be able to eat them. :wink:

Allie: Sorry you’re having trouble sleeping. It is 4 am, and I’m also having trouble sleeping. I haven’t a clue why I’m restless tonight. I have a bit of a headache and that may be what keeps me awake now. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Heehee, that makes me think of my husband. He buys those cute little boxes of animal crackers, and exclaims, " oh see I can bite the paws, and heads off the little buggers". I know, he's just plain awful huh? 😋😁💖
    But the way he says it, he's like a 3 yr old!
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Heather: I have your recipe for Sourdough Bread. DH can no longer eat wheat, so I haven't made your bread recipe in a long while. Sorry I can't hide this recipe, but I have never managed to hide anything. :embarassed:

Heather's Sourdough Bread

The important thing is to have a vigorous starter. It should be really volcanic.
    1. Put starter on counter
    2. Daily take some out & add fresh bread flour and a little H2O
    3. Put 100 grams each of wheat flour, white flour, and rye flour in a large bowl
    4. Add 4-5 large TBSP starter and a touch of water
    5. Leave the large bowl covered with oiled plastic wrap until it looks volcanic again. (You said it took 24 hours)
    6. Add the same amount of flours again, a touch more water, and 10 grams of salt.
    7. Add the same amount of flours again, a touch more water, and 10 gms of salt.
    (You said it took 24 hours)
    8. Shape into a nice lump, & place in a floured muslin lined baker's basket.
    9. Cover in oiled plastic wrap, making a pleat to allow for expansion. Let rise by about ⅓.
    10. Heat oven to nearly highest setting with a baking tray large enough for the loaf. Underneath have a roasting tray on it.
    11. Put baking parchment on the counter top.
    12. Tip the sourdough onto the baking parchment and slash the top with one or two slits for expansion.
    13. Pick up parchment, open oven & place loaf on baking sheet. Have a kettle of boiling water ready & pour some into the roasting pan on the lower shelf to supply steam.
    14. Shut the door as quickly as possible.
    15. After 10 minutes at highest setting, turn the oven down to 400 degrees F.
    16. Bake for 35-40 minutes, tapping underneath to make sure it is cooked.
    17. Cool on a rack
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Pip--Love the lights. That is a neat idea. I am so enjoying the pictures of your new place.

Kim--Sorry to hear about the loss of your friendship. The poem says a lot. Thanks for sharing. I think grief is the right word in this case.

Heather--I agree about the loss of someone living is harder than a death.

I could not relax yesterday at the chiropractor and I am sore today. I need to work on sitting up straight at my desk and not lean over the desk. This is harder than I expected as I have to keep reminding myself to sit up.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Barbara- The "dispute" is completely one sided.
    I would always wonder about him. (is money his only motivator?)

I think you only have an obligation to tell him the brother called. If he is interested in the relationship at all, he will get in touch and can get the message directly. You should not feel the need to be the middle man.

Michele -- The problem with smaller devices is that few of them even have DVD drives anymore (even smaller laptops). You really need a full sized laptop, which means bigger and heavier. You'd have to download your DVDs onto the tablet, which can be done, but not without time and probably frustration. The quality would likely suffer too.

Tracey — I use my phone like you do; for pretty much everything except a phone. Glad you’re starting to feel better.

Katla — So glad you got your first dose! Take it easy a couple of days to see how it affects you.

Pip — I love the sheers with the twinkle lights! I wish I had motivation to do more decorating around our house. It took me 10 years to find decent curtains for the bedroom and I still am not thrilled with them.

Rebecca — I love the chick deviled eggs. I just don’t have patience to do that. I love to cook and even bake, but I don’t really have the desire to get fancy with any of it.

Kim — I am sorry to hear about your friend loss. It is indeed a loss and you have the right to and should grieve however you feel necessary. It just stinks he/she didn’t let you in on why.

Margaret — Glad Drew is feeling better. I’m sure that was a scary experience for both of you. Too bad DH isn’t more supportive. However, I can relate. I’m not saying this is the correct behavior, but my mister wants a dog and I am very much against it for many reasons. I would have trouble supporting him getting one too and would basically check out if he got one. Though, I don’t think I could sit back and do nothing if something happened and the mister was emotionally upset regarding the dog.

Allie — Genetic testing may be the key to figuring things out. Maybe you’ll get some answers.

Got my weights workout in today, but tried walking and my knee was screaming at me. I guess it’s telling me to rest a bit more. Unfortunately, rest isn’t going to work off those corn muffins I made today.

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Katla - That is a different recipe to the No Knead Bread. It doesn't use a sourdough starter, just a small amount of dried yeast.. Sounds great though! There are loads of recipes online for NKB. I still have lots of flour to use up that I bought from the bakery at the start of the pandemic! There never was a bread shortage!
    Tomorrow night I'm going to make pizza, but I already have frozen wholegrain pizza dough, which I bought, in the freezer. Just got to decide on the topping.

Nothing on TV tonight, so I watched two more episodes of Spiral. If I ever watched it, I've forgotten it. ;):*

I WhatsApped a few friends tonight. One of them mentioned 'Italki', a way of video linking you with language tutors for 1 to 1 lessons. She is doing Spanish and says it's great. I looked it up and I'm considering it for my German as I never, ever, get a chance to speak it. The price of the tutor varies a lot, depending on qualifications and experience. You can do a trial lesson for cheaper to see if you get on. Another wonder of the modern age! I can't afford many lessons, but it would be a chance to see how far I've come. I sometimes despair of my German.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,952 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Viv UK: We had our first vaccinations yesterday and it was Pfizer. My arm is sore, but not too bad. I had a little bit of headache, too, also not too bad. My second vaccination is supposed to be on March 30. I look forward to it. :star:

Rebecca: The deviled eggs are beyond cute. The problem is that they have faces—no way could I eat one of them. I’d feel like a cannibal. :noway:

Barbie: I also use my phone to read books. I listened to audio books for all the years that I commuted to work but have not continued with it since retirement. DH is usually with me on longer car rides and the audio books irritate him. :ohwell: The penguin eggs are appealing. Since they don’t have faces I might be able to eat them. :wink:

Allie: Sorry you’re having trouble sleeping. It is 4 am, and I’m also having trouble sleeping. I haven’t a clue why I’m restless tonight. I have a bit of a headache and that may be what keeps me awake now. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

I got my first shot this morning- second on 3/25. I took an Aleve before going in, just in case ;)
    No side effects yet. How soon did you get the headache.
    I heard that the side effects may be worse for those who have had the virus. Oh well, need to get the shot so will just wait and see. Can't be as bad as the virus.(and I had a milder case)

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Tina in CA, I feel the same way. Unless its a cake, my food isn't really fiddled with. It has no eyes, nor cute face, just food.😁
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Stats for the day =

Zwift bike trainer- 27.43min, 17.4amph, 157elev, 132ahr, 156mhr, 8.03mi= 293c
    Strava app = 170c
    Walk w/family- to post office, to apt and do more cleaning, 1hr 51min, 2sec, 87ahr, 111mhr, 5.73mi= 704c
    Strava app = 701c

Total cal 997

Had I recorded, I would have made over 1k calories. More slight rearranging and putting up some more pics.

Thanks for all the positive compliments re my decorating :0)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will go with my dad to get the shot on Saturday.

I got to ride horseback today! The stable finally opened up again. I had to wear a mask the whole time, which fogged my glasses some. But it's still great to be back in the saddle.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Well went up to Susans for dinner which was nice.. im trying to catch up on bills from hospital.. the insurance didnt get taken out the last 3 months so i got that paid.i have a few others ill take care of tomorrow..watching tv and tucked in,but will stay awake for awhile see if that helps.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    From about the beginning of December until Tuesday this week, I have had a project at work which has consumed a lot of my time. I wasn't expecting to take on a project like this so soon after finishing university ... in some ways it was too soon. And it took up more of my time than expected. However, on Tuesday it finished ... with a tiny wrap-up detail on Wednesday.

Also on Tuesday, my husband went for yet another major test regarding his brain injury. A stressful time for both of us.

On Wednesday afternoon it was like everything shutdown. I got home about 6 pm as usual, and went right to bed. I crawled out to the sofa to watch Midsommer Murders from 8:30-10:30, then fell asleep on the sofa till about midnight when I went to bed.

I guess my body and brain had enough!

Thursday, I woke up feeling quite a bit better and got several things done at work. And then started a 5-day long weekend. My birthday weekend!! :)

My birthday is not until next Tuesday but this is my birthday weekend. :) I believe in celebrating all weekend long. :)

I slept in today and I'm still a bit tired ... but I feel much better than I did on Wednesday. I've had a lazy Friday morning, but it's about noon and I should get up and do a few things. Trying to decide if I can put the clothes on the line ... it's quite windy which is great, but almost looks like it could rain.

Machka in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    M - happy birthday.

Michele
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    Iiii