WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    KJ - Oooohhh, I'm getting excited about your visit to Texas. You must be all butterflies when you think about it. <3
    Bea is very much her own girl. Having two older siblings has made her very resilient and determined. :D

Lisa - I asked DH to take those photos. I had forgotten my phone! It made a nice change to have some pics with me in as I have thousands of DH and the kids. It's nearly always me taking the photos and always the videos. Edie is very much the Drama Queen and was making the most of the fact that Max had pushed her off the equipment. My son got them both together and resolved it all peaceably. He has learnt a lot from his wife!

I'm going to make my famous brownies this afternoon. I'll freeze them and take them over nearer to Bea's birthday. They have been asking me for them. Their mum adores them and says it was why she married my son.

Roasted duck legs tonight with farmer's parsnips. DH kindly washed the mud off them. :D<3 Cavalry Nero as well.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Woke up mad at my ex for something he did in my dream. My divorce was final six years ago. My resentment must run deeper than I thought.

It's a beautiful sunny day and there's not much pollen yet. Yay! I will go walking this afternoon. Plus groceries before my book study group. I better get started.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Qqqqqq
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Ginny in Ohio thanks for the kind offer. I know nothing about thyroid surgery,just came out of the blue.Dr’s appt is tomorrow. More of my confusion! DH Is upset that I am not eating,just no appetite at all. Need to ask Dr’s opininion on that,sore spots ( from being tossed around during surgery is my guess,& unable to sleep.Hoping a few wks will make a difference.

Beth,what a lovely service for your son.Thank you for sharing.

Enjoyed seeing the lovely tulip quilt.

Heather,good to know you love your home & those growing Grandkids.

Time for meds & checking mail from DDs.I appreciate your warm welcomes,Pat C Ohio
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    y7vrb8ynnaap.png

Today, 8 March, is the 'Eight Hours Day' public holiday.

This holiday celebrates the idea of 8 hours rest, 8 hours work, and 8 hours recreation.

How does your average day measure up?

Hahahahahaha

ahem. sorry.

Yeah, on a GOOD day?

9-10 hours work
    6-7 hours rest
    remaining hours taking care of household, husband, kid, elderly parents etc.

I TRY to carve out 1 hour for exercise (usually at 5 AM so there goes the rest hours) and every once in a while I get to take a nice long bath in my Japanese soaking tub.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    My post just disappeared!,,,I was wondering if we are breathing out fat, does it get stuck in the mask and we breathe it back into our body.
    Beth- so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for comport.
    Kelly- so happy you are coming to TX to see your family. The weather should be wonderful for you.
    Better get some chores done as I have book club this afternoon.
    SueBDew in TX
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Too far behind! 229 posts! I’ll try and o go back and read them. I’m sorry if I missed anything important.

It got really busy here at the campground with it opening and my having to do everything to be approved to teach (licensing and all) just didn’t do any chats or social media at all. Caught up with life demands as of this morning, but, no telling from here.

My anxiety kicked in bringing my colitis along with it, so not feeling up to par today. Going to take it easy today if possible.

I miss the talks here!

Hugs to all who need them along with thoughts and prayers.

Kudos to all the rest ( with hugs too!)

RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Read to pg 18
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,at least on the east coast,over at Quest waiting to get bloodwork done..then going to see if Trudy can help with taxes..
    Slept pretty well last night. But took 2 naps this morning so I am guessing my body needed it.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: My granddaughter is the oldest girl and a leader in her family. She has two younger brothers. I suspect that oldest girls get a leadership role in many families, even when they are not the first born. Your granddaughter is not the oldest child, but she has always seemed confident and leaderlike when you are talking about your grandchildren. :star:

SueBDew in TX: I just found an article that says that fat turns into carbon-dioxide when we are breathing out. I suppose that many kinds of exercises increase our exhaling and help us lose weight. If that is true, I’d better get out onto that bike and exhale for all I am worth. :bigsmile:

Allie: I hope your bloodwork comes out very well. :heart:

RV Rita: I am glad you posted even though this is a busy time for you. I’m sorry that you’re troubled with colitis. I wish you good luck managing it. I was diagnosed with colitis long ago but haven’t been troubled in the past few years. My colitis symptoms were primarily acid reflux. I have an acid reflux med, but it is harsh & I avoid it when possible. I backed away from spicy foods and that helped. I use tums whenever I have acid tummy trouble, and that is most often at bedtime. I can understand why anxiety would be a trigger. I hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:

Christina from New York: Welcome! Best advice: Let mfp set your daily calorie goals. Measure your portions. As you lose weight, they will reduce your allowed calories. Move more. Walking, bike riding and other big muscle exercises are good ways to burn calories. Some people love to dance. It is fun and gets your metabolism going. I prefer yoga, walking, and horseback riding. The pandemic has gotten in the way of many of the things I enjoy except walking and riding my stationary bike. If you choose exercises you enjoy you will be more likely to do them. :star:

I have had the pleasure of receiving letters from our two older grandchildren. Both are in elementary school. My daughter’s youngest son is not in school or ready to write yet. My son also has a boy, even younger. He doesn’t write yet, either, but I wrote to him, too.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Katla - I am so glad you are getting contact from your grandchildren. What a joy! :D<3
    I love the fact that each of my grandchildren is totally different from the others.
    Max is great with computers and a quick learner.
    Edie is the people person and notices everything.
    Bea is a force in the world and has an attractive confidence.

I also love the closeness that DH has with them. It brings me great joy. They truly are a light in his life. He has no blood grandchildren of his own and feels that mine are an unexpected blessing.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((BETH & FAMILY))) <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunny day today. Got my little ditch dug again so hopefully the paddock will start drying out a bit. I was not fond of the snow and especially the ice in SD but can't say I am very fond of mud season in WA either. DD and I spent time brushing and scraping mud off her old mare yesterday and of course she has since rolled in the mud again.

KJ - Have a safe trip and a wonderful time with those grands.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Christina - Welcome! You will get lots of tips and advice here. My tip is to buy a food scale and weigh your food whenever possible, especially fats and other calorie-dense foods.

Kelly - I am soooo excited for you to be seeing your grandboys!

Karen in Virginia
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD-I have a knitted throw that my maternal grandmother did. Its towards the foot of the bedspread and keeps my feet toasty. Interestingly enough it was one I watched her work on. All her leftover yarns used so its a rainbow of colors. She gave it to us for our wedding present. We used it Renaissance camping as well as an extra blanket for the boys. when I use it, I kind of feel her hugs.💖

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    hap2go wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    y7vrb8ynnaap.png

Today, 8 March, is the 'Eight Hours Day' public holiday.

This holiday celebrates the idea of 8 hours rest, 8 hours work, and 8 hours recreation.

How does your average day measure up?

Hahahahahaha

ahem. sorry.

Yeah, on a GOOD day?

9-10 hours work
    6-7 hours rest
    remaining hours taking care of household, husband, kid, elderly parents etc.

I TRY to carve out 1 hour for exercise (usually at 5 AM so there goes the rest hours) and every once in a while I get to take a nice long bath in my Japanese soaking tub.

Awe, you had me at Japanese soaking tub ( ofura)💖💖
    Missing my tub eons ago.
    Rebecca
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Traveling grace, KJ...

One workmen finished this morning, did a good job, in good time and with good will. Love people like that. Next one is on his way right now, here in 15 minutes (they send you a GPS signal now, got to love THAT) and hopefully done reasonably quick. Same company, two different technicians.

Only three lectures from my husband, last night, this morning and at noon, on what I'm supposed to tell the plumbing repairman when he gets here. Sometimes the testosterone just jumps all over my husband, I swear. The other 99 percent of the time he believes that I have a brain in my head.

Glad when this is all done...

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa