The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: Β»
    jcrav77 wrote: Β»
    A guy I work with told me yesterday that my skin was glowing and my eyes looked bright. I said I filed for divorce 6 weeks ago. I’m alive again! Lol πŸ’ƒπŸ» Here is to being single! πŸ₯‚

Aww πŸ˜” Divorce is a tough emotional time ..big hugs girl πŸ€—

Definitely a roll coaster. Took me 3 maybe 4 years before I felt like me and healed.
    A guy I work with told me yesterday that my skin was glowing and my eyes looked bright. I said I filed for divorce 6 weeks ago. I’m alive again! Lol πŸ’ƒπŸ» Here is to being single! πŸ₯‚

Such an emotional time. But the compliments of strangers definitely help.

Actually it was a huge boost for me. My ex continually told me nobody would want a mum of 4 littlies. My first big night out with some gf's was amazing. I know they were just guys looking for a quick hook up.. but the compliments reassured me that I was at least date worthy. πŸ˜ƒ it was a much needed ego boost.

Your ex sounds like a peach.

Oh it got better.. he met a new woman and she fell pregnant. His way of telling my kids was so kind and thoughtful.
    He proceeded to tell them they'd never amount to much because they have too much of me in them and that he was starting another family, a better family.
    Of course, the fact that 3 of the 4 chose not to speak to him these past many years is obviously my fault πŸ™„

Oh.. he was a peach alright. πŸ˜’
    Sorry, tmi 😬 the one thing that can still rile me is what he put my kids through. 😠

Its stories like these that make me thankful that my ex wife and I are such good friends. I'm so sorry Jo. People can be so thoughtless and cruel. If I'm ever in Australia I'll pay him a visit.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Definitely a roll coaster. Took me 3 maybe 4 years before I felt like me and healed.

Actually it was a huge boost for me. My ex continually told me nobody would want a mum of 4 littlies. My first big night out with some gf's was amazing. I know they were just guys looking for a quick hook up.. but the compliments reassured me that I was at least date worthy. πŸ˜ƒ it was a much needed ego boost.

Oh it got better.. he met a new woman and she fell pregnant. His way of telling my kids was so kind and thoughtful.
    He proceeded to tell them they'd never amount to much because they have too much of me in them and that he was starting another family, a better family.
    Of course, the fact that 3 of the 4 chose not to speak to him these past many years is obviously my fault πŸ™„

Sorry, tmi 😬 the one thing that can still rile me is what he put my kids through. 😠

Its stories like these that make me thankful that my ex wife and I are such good friends. I'm so sorry Jo. People can be so thoughtless and cruel. If I'm ever in Australia I'll pay him a visit.

Thank you.. its all good though, he's someone else's problem πŸ˜†
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Mingle mingle
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member

Thank you 😊 your always so sweet.
  • jcrav77

*You’re
  • slimgirljo15
    *You’re

πŸ€—πŸ˜™

Psst a little tip.. see that cog top right corner of your text box... near the 3 dots, click on it and you can edit your post for 1 hour πŸ™‚
  • jcrav77

Oh goodness Jo yours sounds a lot like mine. He wants to start a new family with someone he met 3 weeks ago because she makes more money than I do. I am a nurse and make a decent living but apparently it wasn’t enough for him. Things mean so much more to him than people. We are better off without him. I’m on the road to happiness. So glad you and the kids are better off. Hugs πŸ€—
  • jcrav77
    Aww, I just popped in here, and happened to see all these messages of support around divorce ❀️ It is definitely a difficult/painful ordeal. Still screws my head up sometimes.

@jcrav77 @PlentyofProtein00 @slimgirljo15 and @J_NY_Z it’s really nice to hear your stories. It’s been almost 2 years since my split, and I’m slowly starting to feel like myself again but older, wiser, stronger πŸ’ͺ (and still learning). Covid made things doubly hard, since I couldn’t really surround myself with friends/support (there were SO many days where I just wanted a damn hug 😭) but also gave me time to reflect and focus on myself, and what I want/need out of future relationships. It’s been a pretty interesting, transformative experience for me, both mentally and emotionally. Almost out of the trenches! 😊

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks! You guys are awesome ❀️❀️❀️

Big hugs to you. We will be ok.
  • slimgirljo15

Oh goodness Jo yours sounds a lot like mine. He wants to start a new family with someone he met 3 weeks ago because she makes more money than I do. I am a nurse and make a decent living but apparently it wasn’t enough for him. Things mean so much more to him than people. We are better off without him. I’m on the road to happiness. So glad you and the kids are better off. Hugs πŸ€—

You absolutely are better off without toxic, negative stuff in your life.. its tough for a while.. but its so worth the peace you get. πŸ€—
  • jcrav77
    *You’re

πŸ€—πŸ˜™

Psst a little tip.. see that cog top right corner of your text box... near the 3 dots, click on it and you can edit your post for 1 hour πŸ™‚

Thank you. I have been trying to figure that out lol
  • jcrav77

πŸ˜‰ So much
  • jcrav77

You absolutely are better off without toxic, negative stuff in your life.. its tough for a while.. but its so worth the peace you get. πŸ€—

So true. Thank you so much for all of the support. Thank you to everyone in here. Some great supportive people. πŸ₯°
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— :smooched:
    Glad you a rid of that d bag
  • slimgirljo15

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— :smooched:
    Glad you a rid of that d bag

Me too πŸ˜„ I see his wife sometimes shopping and can't help but feel sorry for her 😏
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I think it took me about 3.5 years to recover after the divorce. Doing the 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence was like my final purge.
  • slimgirljo15
    I think it took me about 3.5 years to recover after the divorce. Doing the 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence was like my final purge.

πŸ€—β€
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

I'm seven years post split, nearly 4 since the actual divorce. I'm the one who initiated it and I still struggle all the time.
  • Nacho_Daddy
    Nacho_Daddy Posts: 846 Member
    *You’re

πŸ€—πŸ˜™

Psst a little tip...πŸ™‚

If I had a dollar for every time @slimgirljo15 started a conversation that way...

Hello 'minglers'
  • slimgirljo15
    *You’re

πŸ€—πŸ˜™

Psst a little tip...πŸ™‚

If I had a dollar for every time @slimgirljo15 started a conversation that way...

Hello 'minglers'

πŸ˜†πŸ˜ 🀫 shhhh Stan
  • iPaint82
    iPaint82 Posts: 52 Member
    Mingle mingle

You sure know how to mingle lol