The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    Hooray for 6.5 months @RubyRed427. Are you on spring break? Ours starts today. It's so weird to realize it's been a year since we went on SB and never went back to school. I'm proud of all of us for working so hard on sobriety during such a difficult year.

I'm very proud of US! Yes, it is so hard sometimes but so worth it. I hope you are well! No spring break until March 26- and then I'm taking myself to Florida! What are your plans?
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

Thanks for posting - great article
  • RubyRed427
    Good morning! It's sunny here and I'm heading for a massage. I sure remember last year having a massage on a day I was severely hungover. That was brutal; I was hoping I wouldn't throw up on the lady.

I have really isolated myself due to quitting drinking. I know that's not a good thing. I am going to have to find some sober friends who do different things. Like maybe join a hiking club? or join a paint class (AF)?
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    We are watching a show on Netflix called Marcella. She suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder where she blacks out and absolutely cannot recall what happened during that time period. I googled to see if alcohol can cause this but no, that is just plain old blacking out apparently. I must say though, according to others, my husband etc. I will do or say things that I have absolutely zero recollection of. I become like Jeckyll and Hyde. I can become so mean and say awful things. I said such terrible things to my sister in law once, I cannot believe she forgave me. My husband wondered if I suffered from a split personality or something....that really scared and still does, scare me. The way to keep this from happening is simple enough; keep the booze out of my mouth.
  • SunnyDays930
    @Up_n_Running Happy Birthday! It sounds like a wonderful day. Life without alcohol really IS so much better.
  • RubyRed427
    Why to make a list of “10 Things Better Than Booze” (and then all the other lists!) Tips on how to make alcohol-free life more exciting and fun Why to focus on everything you’re gaining by not drinking, not what you’re giving up How to coach yourself through triggers and cravings and nurture yourself from the inside out Why sobriety is better than moderation (spoiler: it’s the freedom) Why to not focus on the concept of ‘forever’ “You know what’s a hell of a lot more glamorous than champagne and cocktails? ⁠Self-worth, empowerment, creativity, connection, and SOUL.”⁠ - Bex Weller
    https://bexweller.com
  • RubyRed427
    edited March 2021
    mtngrl3 wrote: »
    15 days AF!! @Up_n_Running yay! we're kind of on the same timeline since your 'blip' lol Yesterday I made my breakfasts for the work week (I work Wed-Sat), made some lunches as well. Workouts were non existent, had a MASSIVE headache for a day and a half for some reason. One day at a time, just need to focus on being sober today <3

15 days!!! Bravo to you and @Up_n_Running ! Keep up the sober work. One day at a time.
  • SunnyDays930
    @Up_n_Running take some vitamin C and zinc if you can today and tomorrow. It is supposed to help with the sickness. Plus drink tons of water. Yes the sun improves our moods drastically.