Less Alcohol - MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Rolling AF 12 out of 14 days so feel good about that, but I suspect we will finish the month AF, DH is on board 80% of the time and I am ok with that.

@chocolate_owl are you located in the PNW? I am trying to think of some things around the gorge and all I come up with is the concert venue LOL and we won't be having those for awhile. There are the lakes I suppose or genko petrified forest to visit......just dreaming out loud of days gone by. DH and I have been known to just drive 2 hours to have lunch in yakima.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker - I don't run across mussels much in the south. I checked 7 of my favorite southern Louisiana cookbooks and not one of them have a mussel recipe. Lots of oyster recipes :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    Happy March!

I am continuing with my goals that I have mostly been following for a year:

16-20 AF days per month
    Don't drink 2 days in a row
    Try to keep 2 AF days in between drinks days

I choose the diary style so that I check in every day, keep myself accountable, and can see at a glance where I am at.

Thursday March 11 - Drinks. Still haven't had drinks 2 days in a row, but I have missed my 2 AF days in between drink days twice already this month.
    Friday March 12 - AF - I had a runny nose and sneezing. This disturbs me because everyone is wearing a mask so how could I pick this up and not pick up more dangerous things? I don't usually get allergies, but maybe the melting is uncovering some leaf mold or some such thing. I will go with that!
    Saturday March 13 - Drinks - First time that it was warm enough to sit on my friend's patio and have drinks. I wouldn't go inside since I have this runny nose and sneezing going on. Stayed 6 feet apart.
    Sunday March 13 - AF - Monday will be also to get my 2AF in a row.
    Monday March 14 - AF

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 15 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @chocolate_owl I see you are putting introspection and solutioning into practice and getting some nice results. It's a nice momentum to ride. On a roll you shall go :)!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    A book I just picked up. Zero Proof written by Maureen Petrosky. She lives in my area and is a contributor to one of the major networks. Anyway, it’s all non alcoholic easy cocktails that are not sickly sweet. It available on Amazon, but my local bookstore ordered it for me.

I don’t know how to make it a bigger image. Any suggestions?

Can’t wait to try the recipes! I’m pretty sick of Pelligrino and cranberry.

AF again tonight. And my weight is coming down!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    Happy March!

I am continuing with my goals that I have mostly been following for a year:

16-20 AF days per month
    Don't drink 2 days in a row
    Try to keep 2 AF days in between drinks days

I choose the diary style so that I check in every day, keep myself accountable, and can see at a glance where I am at.

Thursday March 11 - Drinks. Still haven't had drinks 2 days in a row, but I have missed my 2 AF days in between drink days twice already this month.
    Friday March 12 - AF - I had a runny nose and sneezing. This disturbs me because everyone is wearing a mask so how could I pick this up and not pick up more dangerous things? I don't usually get allergies, but maybe the melting is uncovering some leaf mold or some such thing. I will go with that!
    Saturday March 13 - Drinks - First time that it was warm enough to sit on my friend's patio and have drinks. I wouldn't go inside since I have this runny nose and sneezing going on. Stayed 6 feet apart.
    Sunday March 13 - AF - Monday will be also to get my 2AF in a row.
    Monday March 14 - AF
    Tuesday March 15 - AF - My trigger day, but a job interview over zoom tomorrow, so no drinks tonight.

Rolling total: 11AF days out of 16 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Checking in to keep myself accountable. Not off to a stellar week.
    3/15 - 1 Torchy’s Tini
    3/16 - 3 (1 skinny margarita lunch, 2 wine dinner)

@dawnbgethealthy - You've got this!!! Good luck with your interview.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn you are indeed doing amazingly well! Nice momentum going too!

@Womona appreciate the info on mocktails. Me too, and tired of sparkling water. People who like beer have Clausthauler beer which so far tastes the most like the real thing. But I prefer mocktails, sour as can be.

@dawnbgethealthy hope your interview goes well!

• Lilylady3k
    Options
    Enjoying this thread. Really interesting to hear about how people cope with cravings. I was wondering what everyone counts as a glass of wine though. Would it be 125ml, 175ml or 250ml?

I usually count 5oz as a glass of wine :) though I'm not measuring at the moment but I've poured enough to know what it looks like in my glasses at home. At restaurants they usually pour 5 oz and if you want to order a deep pour it is usually 9 oz.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy good luck with the interview! I am excited for you. haha, stay calm and remember you are interviewing them too.
    @globalhiker wow great job on controlling the urge. I am about 1/2 through the workbook. I actually set it aside for about a week but am ready to dive back in.
    @Lilylady3k it is great you are checking in and being accountable here for yourself. We are here and I would love to help if you need it
    @chocolate_owl We plan to visit TX and may even retire there but.....DH is not much on heat and humidity. Is there anywhere in TX that has lower temps?

Last night AF so tonight will make 15 out of 17. I don't plan to drink all week and may skip this weekend too. I am finding it a bit easier to do and I am so competitive with myself I want to beat my Feb goal. What is wrong with me?

I am a bit nervous about our upcoming trip to OH, visiting relatives always triggers the drink devil. I don't sleep well in unfamiliar places and have used alcohol to knock me out. I won't do that this time so I need to develop another strategy between now and May 1....suggestions?