30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @rnc52012 In our county, restaurants must put the calories next to everything on the menu. My husband was eyeing something on a menu recently that was 2200 calories. He probably would have ordered it if he had not been informed. It really can be shocking. Sometimes "salads" are way higher than a burger. It really is hard to tell with some things.

@JenT304 Yup it sure is! Luckily I can't afford to eat out too often🙄
  • lperkins5
    lperkins5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @lperkins5
    Wow! That sounds delicious, but I'm not that ambitious. (that could be the beginning of a poem)
    It's so satisfying when you can eat a delicious meal and still be under your calorie allowance.
    Keep it up!

P.S. We're almost at the same weight -- I weighed 265.5 this morning.

Thanks Frank, it does feel good to cook a great meal...I've never cooked so much as I have this past year...Great for you on the weight, that's awesome! What's your goal weight?
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    shnerb00 wrote: »

I’ve hit a plateau. Time to try something new. I’m going to give Intermittent fasting a go this week. Wish me luck!

A mid-week update. I’ve fasted from 8pm-12pm for 3 days now. I was very reluctant to try this as I have it ingrained to never skip breakfast and I love my breakfast meals of oatmeal or yogurt.

Here’s what I’m noticing so far... I’m not missing breakfast at all, I have more time in the morning, I have one less meal to plan/prep and I can eat more for lunch and supper.

Now to wait and see if it helps me out of this plateau. Who else uses or has tried this strategy? Have you had any long- term success?
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm also posting everywhere; if you are the type to suffer a sore arm after vaccination, rub some Bengay on it when it starts to hurt. The difference it made in my pain level is huge. I don't know why the vaccinators aren't telling everyone this tip. Pass it on to your friends.
  • lperkins5
    lperkins5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I’ve hit a plateau. Time to try something new. I’m going to give Intermittent fasting a go this week. Wish me luck!

A mid-week update. I’ve fasted from 8pm-12pm for 3 days now. I was very reluctant to try this as I have it ingrained to never skip breakfast and I love my breakfast meals of oatmeal or yogurt.

Here’s what I’m noticing so far... I’m not missing breakfast at all, I have more time in the morning, I have one less meal to plan/prep and I can eat more for lunch and supper.

Now to wait and see if it helps me out of this plateau. Who else uses or has tried this strategy? Have you had any long- term success?

Yes, I'm actually doing intermittent fasting now...I started with the 16 hour off and 8 hour eating window for a few weeks, then upped that the to an 18, 6 window and now I'm on the 20 hour off eating and a 4 four hour on window. The first week is the toughest, I would actually go to bed at eight so I wouldn't eat past 8 pm....you have to drink lots of water to make you feel full. The best window for me is the 20/4. It's amazing how much energy you get once you're in the keto's zone. You still can't over eat during your eating window. Take your vitamins including potassium. My daily calorie intake right now is 1770. Good Luck!
  • mochasmommie7193
    mochasmommie7193 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I’d love to join. I NEED TO JOIN. I need some serious Accountability. I’d like to lose exactly 18.4 pounds from what I weighed on yesterday. Because "Life Happens" more often than not for me, I am hoping to reach my goal by the end of June. I will post weekly on Fridays. Best of luck to All of us!

Dec 7th 18.4 (Weight Loss Goal)

Dec 11th -3.4 (Total -3.4) 15.0 To Go
    Dec 18th -1.4 (Total- 4.8) 13.6 To Go
    Dec 25th Merry Christmas
    Jan 1st Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary (Wedding) to me
    Jan 8th +4.8 (Total 0.0) 18.4 To Go (Earned, Owning and Pressing On!)
    Jan 15th -1.2 (Total -1.2) 17.2 To Go
    Jan 22nd -1.0 (Total -2.2) 16.2 To Go
    Jan 29th -0.6 (Total -2.8) 15.6 To Go
    Feb 5th -1.4 (Total -4.2) 14.2 To Go
    Feb 12th -0.4 (Total -4.6) 13.8 To Go
    Feb 19th -1.4 (Total -6.0) 12.4 To Go
    Feb 26th -0.2 (Total -6.2) 12.2 To Go
    Mar 5th -0.6 (Total 6.8) 11.6 To Go
    Mar 12th -1.4 (Total 8.2) 10.2 To Go
    Mar 19th -1.4 (Total 9.6) 8.8 To Go