WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    Today I finished level 3 in German on Duolingo. A streak of 487 days. I have been on the app for around 5 years, or more, but now I've come to the end as I don't like the way they are trying to get me to pay for it. I really struggled with the last few exercises.
    I'm using a new app, Seedlang, at the moment , developed by the Easy German people. I haven't paid for it yet, but I will. At least they are up front about it and it suits my needs better - much more speaking.
    If I ever need a booster for Norwegian or Swedish, I might use Duolingo again, but I've been alienated by the sneaky bullying.
    The end of an era.

Dinner tonight starred the very expensive purple sprouting broccoli that I bought yesterday at the market stall. :D With veal escalopes in a mushroom sauce. Heaven! I was transported to Paris and one of our favourite restaurants. B)
    Poor DH has a mountain of washing up.

Dentist tomorrow. Two fillings have fallen out! They will just do a temporary fix as any advanced dentistry work involves a lot of covid precautions and mega cleaning, so they are limiting them. That's OK with me.

Quiz night tonight on the TV, plus 'Unforgotten', our current favourite cop series.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,073 Member
    Options
    My duolingo streak is 432 days in french, but I also feel ready to quit. This business of losing hearts for mistakes is rubbish. Takes the fun out of it.

My sister is visiting and is seeing how my parents have grown older this winter. It's sad.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,365 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. But I did get in over 10,000 steps between work and bowling. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

Kymar – your decorating is lookn’ good

Barbara – we started opening the pool in March last year, and if the weather holds out, I see no reason not to get started now. The sooner we get started then I’ll be all ready when the weather decides to cooperate. I do need to put down the paver sand in the front, clean the deck with the Wet & Forget and this other stuff, there are a few things I can do. Windows need to be washed but I’ll wait until it gets a bit warmer.

KJ – oh, I am sure that people feel since they’ve had the vaccine, they’re good to go and don’t need a mask. Actually, I was told this by one of the customers. Today this guy really yelled at me about how he doesn’t wear a mask and something about the Democrats. I just let it go in one ear and out the other.

Called and made an appt to get my hair cut. Really, if it weren’t starting to get too long, I would wait the three weeks and then go there right after the soup kitchen. But as it is now, I’ll go next Tuesday

Barbie – love that surcharge sign!

I’d love year round DST!

Speaking of cleaning out hutches, I’d like to clean mine out but first I need to find a place where you can sell your crystal

Want to look on my tablet to see if there’s an app or something that I can download a Missal for mass since they don’t have any missals in the church (natch). I always used to use one at least for the readings.

Mahjongg tonight!

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Congrats on finishing Duolingo German!!!! :bigsmile:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,365 Member
    Options
    Kathy - welcome!

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    Barbara - in the tracing we did during our outbreak at work. 5-7 days was the most common days, but a lot of people were asymptomatic the whole time they tested positive. Our one resident showed no symptoms at all during the 2 weeks he was considered positive and a couple weeks later started showing actual symptoms. This is a strange disease.

Kelly - I agree with you about the morning daylight vs evening when it comes to the kids, there have been things I’ve wanted to do with my grandchildren in summer that is next to impossible as it doesn’t get dark here until close to 11pm. Like Machka, though I sure love the long days in the summer. I feel I can enjoy the outdoors more because I have a few hours every evening.

Michele - I’ve been going to antique stores frequently, it’s a shame how cheap it is to buy crystal. I wouldn’t get rid of any of mine because I can tell you where I got every piece but I’ve thought about finishing some pieces off.

Allie - good luck with the disability.

Had a very long day at work. Payroll did not get finished which means tomorrow will be a long day too.

My friend is in the emergency waiting for a CT Scan to see what is causing some sudden concerns. Dizziness, headache, eye pain.
    I hope it’s not serious.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :) When I look out the window, it is so beautiful but once outside, the wind is blowing and it's icy cold. I skipped weeding this afternoon in favor of answering some emails. For lunch today we had the bbq pulled chicken that Jake made yesterday. Yummy. It feels like spring when we watch baseball on TV.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Lots of love!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 53.58min, 226elev, 18.4amph, 143ahr, 166mhr, 16.55mi= 503c
    Strava app = 315c
    Walk w/family- 36.35min, 3.06ap, 101ahr, 126mhr, 1.89mi= 192c
    Strava app = 229c

Total cal 695
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning we leave bright and early to go pick up our trailer
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,496 Member
    Options
    Well lawn gal charges $50 per hour, so husband and I carried all the branches to the front yard. It will be cheaper, but I sent pic of it to lawn gal so she would know its not going to be $200 ( that was my max amount to spend). All they have to do is pick up large pile and one pile in the backyard.
    ybpjis1btbct.jpg
    💕 Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,992 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Daylight - I’m torn between loving it in the evenings and in the mornings. I like it in the morning, because I lean toward being a morning person. I love the stillness of mornings. However, I also like going out with the mister for dinner and drinks when it’s nice and sunny outside and being able to stay without noticing the time. I hate just watching TV in the evenings. It bores me.
    Tina in CA

We usually turn the TV on in the evenings, but often we'll go for a walk or bicycle ride instead of sitting and watching something. Even when we don't do that, I'm up and down and in and out all evening doing housework, playing with the kitty in the yard, looking at something in the garden. All summer long, our front door is wide open for 2 or 3 hours in the evening and the yard is like another room.

Then comes The Darkness. The streets here aren't well lit so walking and cycling are challenging. Our yard is on a slope and so many levels which is all right when we can see what we're doing but in the dark, it's challenging. We have added lights outside but there's only so much we can do. And we can't leave the door open because the mossies get in. Essentially we're stuck in the house in the evenings for 6 months.

Fun fact : Tasmania sits on the 42 parallel south ... that's about the equivalent of the border between Oregon and California or the border between New York and Pennsylvania
    cj4yvsha59eu.png
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42nd_parallel_north#:~:text=The 42nd parallel north is,America, and the Atlantic Ocean.

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Options
    fea9lg4xzv5h.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Options
    lyxsekqgat4d.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Options