Less Alcohol - MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy When are you supposed to hear about your job interview?
  • mainelylisa
    Options
    @lmlmrn Hope you feel better, too. I'm sure you've tried everything--but I remember how Vick's on my chest used to clear me up. Maybe if you're desperate, you could have a hot toddy--very light on ingesting, but heavy on the inhaling? I've read that science confirms it can help if not overdone (I had not realized the importance of the other ingredients or the hot aspect--ya so I just chugged whiskey--what a surprise. it can also disrupt sleep, so tough call. Here's a short article (not medical) I found interesting. https://www.mic.com/p/the-truth-about-drinking-whiskey-to-fight-a-cold-according-to-science-16613183
  • mainelylisa
    Options
    I feel like crap today. But it's a good crap. Which I couldn't have done when I originally tried to get an appt--Sat morning. Because I felt like bad crap then. And pretty sure they couldn't have squeezed a pint of of me. Ya, I'm saying that from experience.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    AF again tonight, but I was tempted after a long day at work chock full of computer/internet problems. Glad I didn’t. Holding out until at least Thursday.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn Hope you feel better, too. I'm sure you've tried everything--but I remember how Vick's on my chest used to clear me up. Maybe if you're desperate, you could have a hot toddy--very light on ingesting, but heavy on the inhaling? I've read that science confirms it can help if not overdone (I had not realized the importance of the other ingredients or the hot aspect--ya so I just chugged whiskey--what a surprise. it can also disrupt sleep, so tough call. Here's a short article (not medical) I found interesting. https://www.mic.com/p/the-truth-about-drinking-whiskey-to-fight-a-cold-according-to-science-16613183

Thank you for the link, I have always known that but never put it into practice. I am up for anything at this point so I may heat up some water and seep it with a few cloves then add lemon, honey and a tablespoon of whiskey.