Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

COVID19 - To Vaccinate or To Not Vaccinate

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Some doctors and nurses are better with needles than others. I've had a few that stung and some I didn't feel.

yes that is true.

But also some substances sting more than others, regardless of technique of giver.

and sometimes you just hit a sensitive spot and sometimes you dont - Ive given exactly the same things to the same person using the same technique - and sometimes it just stings more than others.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Some doctors and nurses are better with needles than others. I've had a few that stung and some I didn't feel.

I think this is true. I get the flu shot every year and some I barely even feel while others are much more painful (still relatively low on the pain scale, but not at all pleasant). Same with blood donation and other types of needle sticks. Some people just seem much more skilled than others.
  • qhob_89
    qhob_89 Posts: 105 Member
    qhob_89 wrote: »
    Analog_Kid wrote: »
    Throughout the pandemic, the US COVID mortality rate has steadily hovered around 0.017%

Since deploying the vaccine, the average mortality rate hasn't changed.

With or without the vaccine, COVID has a 99.98% survival rate.

Those aren't bad odds.

Bad odds? Are you kidding me? I'll entertain your 99.98% survival rate. Out of the survival rate, we still don't know the long term impact of COVID-19. My coworker that "survived" is basically disabled at the moment. Brain swelling, heart swelling, she still has trouble breathing. She MIGHT be able to come back to work in a few weeks with restrictions if the new glasses she got for the double/blurry/prism vision helps and she's not exhausted all the time.

But yes, keep spouting that 99.98% "survive".

Same thing happens to many people from contracting respiratory illnesses EVERY year.

Long term health effects are actually very common. Propaganda parroting is something you are good at.
    I have never the same since getting pneumonia over a decade ago for one. I know many more.

Global Frontline Nurses, look em up.

Frankly, unless you have M.D. or PHD behind your name, I couldn't care less about your uneducated opinions about COVID or about long haulers. PS....this same friend has had pneumonia in the past. She did NOT suffer the same long term effects like she is with COVID.

Also, Pot meet Kettle. Telling me I'm a "propaganda parrot" but in the next breath telling me to go look up some QAnon, conspiracy garbage. :#

This is why I love the “I don’t live my life in fear...” defense. Half the time any “evidence” is provided it is a BS Facebook fear mongering meme! You’d think these vaccines were made by meth heads in a van behind a planned parenthood where they are collecting aborted babies that are just tossed in a dumpster in the alleyway. They were already cooking with half the product needed and had a lab setup. Oh, they also got microchips from the government to include in each vaccine! Watch out!!!

These people wreak of fear!!! 😒

My husband has had his first dose for almost a month now. He hasn't had any communication from the mothership nor is my 5G signal boosted at home. He also didn't turn into a zombie. I really thought something cool would happen. :'(

Dang! Sorry about your luck! You’re scheduled for yours soon... maybe your dose will come with signal boost or new hunger for brains! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep an eye out over the next couple months, with no long term studies it could take up to 6 months for either of you to sprout a new baby arm at injection site! Keep us posted!
  • janejellyroll
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Throughout the pandemic, the US COVID mortality rate has steadily hovered around 0.017%

Those aren't bad odds.

Bad odds? Are you kidding me? I'll entertain your 99.98% survival rate. Out of the survival rate, we still don't know the long term impact of COVID-19. My coworker that "survived" is basically disabled at the moment. Brain swelling, heart swelling, she still has trouble breathing. She MIGHT be able to come back to work in a few weeks with restrictions if the new glasses she got for the double/blurry/prism vision helps and she's not exhausted all the time.

Same thing happens to many people from contracting respiratory illnesses EVERY year.

Long term health effects are actually very common. Propaganda parroting is something you are good at.
    I have never the same since getting pneumonia over a decade ago for one. I know many more.

Frankly, unless you have M.D. or PHD behind your name, I couldn't care less about your uneducated opinions about COVID or about long haulers. PS....this same friend has had pneumonia in the past. She did NOT suffer the same long term effects like she is with COVID.

Also, Pot meet Kettle. Telling me I'm a "propaganda parrot" but in the next breath telling me to go look up some QAnon, conspiracy garbage. :#

This is why I love the “I don’t live my life in fear...” defense. Half the time any “evidence” is provided it is a BS Facebook fear mongering meme! You’d think these vaccines were made by meth heads in a van behind a planned parenthood where they are collecting aborted babies that are just tossed in a dumpster in the alleyway. They were already cooking with half the product needed and had a lab setup. Oh, they also got microchips from the government to include in each vaccine! Watch out!!!

My husband has had his first dose for almost a month now. He hasn't had any communication from the mothership nor is my 5G signal boosted at home. He also didn't turn into a zombie. I really thought something cool would happen. :'(

At this point, I expect to be catapulted directly into the Matrix universe as soon as I get my vaccine, anything else will be a huge disappointment.

Prepare yourself for the disappointment... My wife and daughter have been vaccinated for 2 months now (they both work in a hospital so were first on the list) and I got my first dose last week and none of us have experienced anything from the vaccines - heck, my arm was sorer from the flu jab last fall than from this one.

I had kinda hoped for an extra arm or eye (or heck, even a boost in the WIFI signal would have been nice), but nothing.

My mom and brother have been vaccinated (they're both in health care) and they too are mutation-free.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member

I think this is true. I get the flu shot every year and some I barely even feel while others are much more painful (still relatively low on the pain scale, but not at all pleasant). Same with blood donation and other types of needle sticks. Some people just seem much more skilled than others.

yeah I had a welt/lump for a week with the flu shot last fall, but the years before that I had nothing. I did not feel them much. Now the shingles vaccine literally BURNED going in both times so I knew that one was a doozy no matter who did it.

The first Pfizer stick I got was absolutely painless. I did have a sore arm from the actual dose I think for a few days but other than that the stick was easy. I expect the second will be also.

I get stuck annually for blood and sometimes it's just random but I have learned that when they don't hit it right NOT to let them dig around but tell them just to get a new needle and stick again.

I also have given sticks to my cats in the past for fluids and you it's definitely easier on them with very sharp needles like Tesuma (sp) and thinner walled ones. There is a whole industry behind needles... LOL.
  • janejellyroll

Those aren't bad odds.

That's just because the government hasn't activated the chips yet. Wait for it.
    My husband got Moderna and I got Pfizer, so there's going to be REAL trouble when our chips are activated.*

*satire

I'm picturing something like Rock'em Sock'em Robots once your opposing chips are activated!
This discussion has been closed.