March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @Faebert thinking of you and hope you can come back soon. Kia kaha
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @katharmonic I look forward to running around those lakes when we get there. :wink: That does look like a beautiful place to run. I think I saw some ice still hanging on though. Enjoy your hiking weekend! Oh, congrats on becoming a local legend on your run yesterday! That's great!

@Faebert Thank you. I hope things become less stressful for you soon. Sorry you are still feeling the affects from CoVID. You have a great attitude about it, and are doing great to do what you can right now.

• nickseger
    nickseger Posts: 10 Member
    @quilteryoyo -- I have only run the AF Half once, I paced it in 2019 and will be pacing the 2:00 half again this year! It's an awesome race. There's a cool flyover and fireworks at the beginning. Good but tough course -- a nice 1/2 mile or so hill waiting for you around mile 9! It's also typically hot, sometimes very hot -- the race was black flagged a few years ago! I've done many half marathons and I'd say it's in my top 5 for sure.

@rheddmobile -- I've run in them once and they didn't seem too narrow for me. They are slightly less stable than your normal running shoe (I also run in Ride 13s and GT-2000s) and I can't compare to the Next% (or whatever they are called now), but they do seem wider than those. I get what the lady was saying, though. When I first walked with these on I found them incredibly comfortable, and then putting my old shoes back on (even just to walk around) seemed terrible. I think they would be great for walking, but as you point out, probably not worth the cost for that!
  • nickseger
    nickseger Posts: 10 Member
    @Scott6255 So far the shoes feel great and I have no doubt they make me more efficient than when I wear regular shoes. They are also "rockers", they have a nice roll to them. The Saucony Shift also have this feature, but without the carbon fiber. Those go for $140 I believe. I'll let you know how the race goes and give some more feedback after that test.
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks for the feedback @nickseger ! I'd like to be able to say I would be in your group, but I'll be about an hour behind you, if I decide to run it. :lol:
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    39.9/45 miles

3/2: 4 miles
    3/3: 4 miles
    3/5: 2.2 miles
    3/6: 13.2 miles
    3/10: 2.2 miles
    3/12: 2.6 miles
    3/22: 3.7 miles
    3/24: 4 miles
    3/26: 4 miles

It was absolutely beautiful here this morning! Perfect running weather of 50F and not super humid.
  • quilteryoyo
    Great running @WhatMeRunning and @martaindale !
  • quilteryoyo
    @Avidkeo Stunning sunrise! Glad you had an enjoyable run with no hip pain! Fishing with Miss 4 - so much fun!

Nice running @kgirlhart!

@polskagirl01 Smart to take the time off now rather than being forced to later. I hope the rest is all that your quads need. Good luck with the yard work. There's always something to do.